Coronavirus

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Clean, Jan 28, 2020.

1. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

It is more than clear that far to many people vote on words that make them feel good. That's as far as they go. Their pathological emotionally charged souls can be assuaged solely by someone telling them they are victims and that their feelings are equalized not matter how outrageously extreme they may be.

That's on the Left.

On the right, you do have those who like the manhood bravado Trump brought to the table. The machismo and big talk was also a feel good session.

It's incredible.

2. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

It may be incredible, but it is the essence of politics and has been happening for a long, long time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Americans vote for or against candidates mostly for their knee jerk reactions to them. Many Biden voters voted for him because they didn’t like Trump personally, not because of his political accomplishments or whether or not Biden would be a good President.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Correction. They didn't like him because of the distorted and dishonest picture painted of him by the media. They fell for it.

And, who cares? Only stupid people vote based on that. His body of work was unmatched even while constantly under investigation and threat of removal from office by the dims.

But, there are a lot of stupid people. 80 million stupid people? Likely, but not likely that many voted for him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Vaccine inventory at the state level now down to 10 days nationally (17m doses at 1.7m doses per day). Who said this was a non-issue except to the crazy 65+ boomers who really want the vaccine? There has to be some material in the pipeline (that’s how pipelines work for the uninitiated). We don’t have Star Trek transporter technology yet.

States ranked by percentage of COVID-19 vaccines administered: Feb. 15

6. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Well several hundred that normally would not have ‘qualified’ under current criteria were able to get the vaccine due to our temperature crisis here in Houston due to some creative emergency thinking by healthcare departments in the city. Seems that due to the weather many scheduled to get the vaccine but were unable so Ben Taub and other Hospitals gave out the vaccine to others such as college students. Rice was one beneficiary. Wonder if this quick thinking to avoid dumping already reconstituted vaccine will be punished on some ‘equity’ grounds like that Indian Dr?

7. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Sounds like the “but her emails” crowd.

8. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I think anyone who voted for that despicable human is stupid. See how that works?

9. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

We have identified that 18-25 is a key demographic now as they appear to be significant spreaders. We use whoever we can get at the end of the day when no shows pop up due to this weather. I was working off of lists of teachers.

10. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Who would think anything like this could happen so far down south, I mean you know, global warming and all.

11. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

This is a challenge because the vials come in 5 (Pfizer) and 10 (moderna) dose vials. If you’re efficient you can get 6-7 out of Pfizer and 11 out of moderna. There also can be extras if you have an odd number or any real number of no shows. And since these are free vaccinations at the time there can be patients just not showing up. We had about 20 extra on a weekend event. We had a busy day last week along with a 6 hour period with no internet and didn’t communicate well due to that and had some extras. That’s when I become a vaccine sales rep.

12. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

US cases down to levels not seen since Oct 31.

• Like Like x 1
  13. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

They said it would go away as soon as the election was over.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. horninchicago

That's fine. As I always do, let me clarify to say, people are stupid for the action of voting that way. Smart people actually do stupid things. Like, you are smart, but you didn't pick up on what I was saying...again.

:coolnana:

• Like Like x 2
  15. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

You rarely talk facts or policy. Wonder why.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I guess I misunderstood this part. Sorry.

17. horninchicago

yeah, sorry, I write it that way, but the intent is how I clarified it. Sometimes I post quickly and rant lol.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I enjoy bantering back at you. I try to not play a queen of liberalness if you played a 5 of conservativeness.

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

I’m qualified to get the vaccine (over 65 plus I have COPD) and I did get both shots at the Alamodome in SA.

I called the vaccination hotline over and over until i got an appointment. They did ask for my my birthdate, but they asked more questions about my ethnicity than anything.

Once you print out the paperwork they send you, as long as your Id matches the name on the paperwork, your’re good to go. I’m certain tons people not on the 1A or 1B lists got shots. They don’t verify anything or ask you any questions once you get to the Dome. I think they took my temperature. That’s about it.

20. horninchicago

No ill effects from the second shot?

21. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Atty I work with got the second shot and felt flu-y for about two days afterwards...just in time to have to winterize and now deal with broken pipe at his house AND in a rent house he owns...

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  22. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

No, nothing at all. Wife felt bad the next day, but shook it off.

• Like Like x 1
  23. horninchicago

Good.

24. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Most people I know have worse reactions to the second shot. When I get the second, I plan to take the next day off.

25. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

The White House announced Tuesday that states can expect a slight boost in coronavirus vaccine supplies as manufacturers continue to scale up production. The weekly supply of vaccines being sent to states will grow from 11 million doses to 13.5 million, White House press secretary Jen Psaki said Tuesday. The announcement comes less than a week after the Biden administration disclosed that it had finalized an agreement with two drugmakers to buy an additional 200 million doses by the end of July.

This is nearly 2m doses per day and the Biden WH has had nothing to do with it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

By the way, I found one article with an “expert” saying the goal should be 2m daily doses minimum and 3m daily doses as ideal. I think it was a number he threw out knowing he would always be right in the event cases are not under control by end of summer. Anyway, with a 3rd vaccine coming, 3m should be a done deal.

27. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Anyway, when you read the older articles on CNN, WSJ, CNBC who are trying to calculate when 80 or 100% of population will be vaccinated at 1m, 2m, or even at the impossible rate of 3m daily doses (most only calculate at 1m and 2m daily doses), none of them consider that 24% of the population 18 and younger don’t need the vaccine (except in a small number of special cases). It’s the equivalent of vaccinating humans against diseases only found in dogs. The stupidity is so bad.

28. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

There is only one phrase for this: shît show.

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  29. horninchicago

Hope her resumé is in order.

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Okay. It’s a cold virus. It’s deadly for the compromised. I said this 12 months ago.