Coronavirus

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Clean, Jan 28, 2020.

1. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

4. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

5. AustinHorn24

AustinHorn24 250+ Posts

Correction: it's substantially MORE deadly for the compromised than other cold viruses.

Rhinovirus, other coronaviruses, metapneumovirus, RSV, parainfluenza never killed 500k people in a year.

6. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Mooch is back

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

And we’re learning neither did Wuhan virus.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I think we'll find, once the dust settles, that the statistical "excess deaths" for 2020 will be significant both locally and worldwide. It's difficult to discuss these topics honestly here as we're told that George Floyd passed on from fentenyl and heart disease not from the police officer resting his knee on his neck for 10 minutes and his protestations that he "can't breathe" and "I'm about to die".

9. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

What does race baiting have to do with Covid? Covid deaths will never be known due to how they were counted.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

BS. Deaths after March will all have a positive Covid lab value or it is fraud.

11. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

You work in healthcare. You really think that a 90 year old stage 4 lung cancer patient died of Covid? You are a fool if you think that was a Covid death.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

I have seen people, oddly, argue that while the stage 4 cancer at that age would certainly have killed a person, the covid pushed it along and caused the death.

13. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I didn’t say that. You imply that things like mva’s are routinely getting a covid designations. They are not.

if a 90 year old cancer patient has covid and is in the hospital the hospital would need to use a higher level of care and precautions so a higher drg would be fitting. I wouldn’t call it a death due to covid. I’d call it related.

14. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

You are pushing the Covid narrative. If a stage 4 lung cancer patient presents with Covid, then dies what killed them?

15. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Cancer. I’m not sure that would count as a covid death.

• Like Like x 1
  16. horninchicago

I hope you're right, but the argument I stated that I have seen would say at least some doctors and hospitals would classify it as Covid death.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Drs, hospitals or the State? I guess “cause of death” on the certificate is what determines statistic though so I’ll back off the State idea.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

2020 excess deaths are going to come back very "normal". In England it is actually lower than multiple years over the last 15 years. There was an increase in the Spring, but there were way less deaths afterwards.

George Floyd was complaining about not being able to breathe way before he was on the ground. Have you watched the video?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Oh, and my 81 year old uncle died of the COVID vaccine yesterday. To be fair he suffered from lymphoma, but he was feeling okay at home when he went to get the vaccine. Within a day he was dead.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  20. horninchicago

Wow, sorry.

21. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Yeah. It was. At this point there is no reason to get the vaccine. The virus is becoming endemic. No reason to inject Frankenstein into your arm.

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Many people with cancer or other terminal diseases die of opportunistic diseases like pneumonia. It’s the doctor’s decision to decide whether “cause of death” is pneumonia or cancer or some combination there of.

My Dad died of lung cancer back in 2000. He had a large tumor in his lungs and it had spread throughout his body. He’d smoked since age 14. Even after he developed Emphysema, he smoked.

On his death certificate there was a question that asked if his death was caused by smoking. The Doctor answered that it was “uncertain”! I can only guess that he did that because when they performed an autopsy they found a malignant melanoma behind his ear, but it was pretty clear that he’d died of lung cancer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Different rules for different folks

24. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Can we assume Hunter was in the bathroom when this picture was taken?

• Funny Funny x 3
  25. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

D*** Mona, sorry to hear that. Pushed me farther in the not gonna take yet side.

26. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

27. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

28. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

How come it wasn’t reported till now that Moderna and Pfizer will be producing >3m doses per day? Wasn’t this known on day 1 of the Biden administration? Is this why the media has recently sounded the alarm that supply is about to outstrip demand by April 1? Again, wasn’t this known 5 weeks ago on day 1? It’s as if Biden wanted seniors to get mad about the lack of supply so he could look like a savior later.

29. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

WTF? Where was this info 4-5 weeks ago when seniors were panicking about the vaccine?

The pace of deliveries of those vaccines is about to take off. About 145 million doses are set for delivery in the next 5 1/2 weeks, with an additional 200 million expected by the end of May and a further 200 million by the end of July.

That’s before the anticipated approval by the Food and Drug Administration for emergency use of a third vaccine, from Johnson & Johnson. The single-dose J&J vaccine is expected to help speed the path to immunity and requires half the vaccination resources of the two-shot regimens. But there is no massive stockpile of J&J doses ready to roll out on Day One.

The above is enough for 300m Americans if you include the 60m already dosed. That would be 3m doses per day till end of August. Then there is this:

When combined with the anticipated increases in the other vaccines, the J&J doses could prove the pivotal advance in delivering enough shots for nearly all American adults by the end of June, at least a month earlier than currently anticipated.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
  30. horninchicago

Better keep wearing masks...

• Funny Funny x 1