Coronavirus

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Clean, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Duck Dodgers

Duck Dodgers 1,000+ Posts

At least Louisiana has good food and interesting accents.

• Like Like x 1
  2. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

And horny women.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  3. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Why the US isn't following the World Health Organization's mask guidance

"Vaccinated people in the U.S. are still safe to the point that masks are not needed, CDC Director Rochelle Walensky said Wednesday on ABC's "Good Morning America."

"The vaccinated, we believe, still are safe," Walensky said.

But Walensky hedged that her recommendation was broad -- taking into account the entirety of the country, both where rates for fully vaccinated adults are above 70%, and where they're below 40% -- so she urged local public health departments to make their own decisions based on the variant spread in their own communities and the willingness of people to get the vaccine."

Is it just me or was Trump not attacked for not "federalizing" the Covid solution; meaning he allowed local autonomy for a time.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Trump was attacked for literally everything he did or said during his presidency. Hypocrisy does not mater, and only the talking heads on Fox News like Hannity will say anything. That doesn't matter because the rest of the media will not say, "Oh yeah, you're right" and report facts the same way.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Well I have to disagree on New Mexico. While true the politics stink I love the food and the geography. Beautiful state imo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

7. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Ok. Now show me the data on every summer camp in the US so I can understand the context.

8. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

What matters is that it happened and can happen. Sure, if it's the only camp out of thousands that had an outbreak then we'd have to wonder about it. But we also saw that eight NC State baseball players contracted COVID and cost their school the chance to play for the national championship. These things appear to be real (I'm not stating absolute facts because, you know, I wasn't there).

9. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

No one on the NC State baseball was actually sick though. They were forced to be tested over and over again and tests came up positive. It ruined them.

At this point, especially with young healthy people, we should treat COVID like common colds and flu. We shouldn't ruin young people's lives because a test came up positive. Vaccines don't stop this either. I can't remember what team but a pro baseball or basketball had a batch of people test positive after vaccination. It's a complete sham.

Also true of the summer camps. How many of those 85 kids were actually sick? The article just says they tested positive. WHO CARES? Millions of people are attending sporting events, church events, and summer camps every week. The case counts, hospital counts, and deaths are all continuing to go down!

That article is completely worthless and fear mongering. You are great about attacking liberal ideology on this board. Keep it up! The liberals' biggest cudgel to beat people into submission and force people to comply with this government oppression is COVID fear mongering. Don't buy into the lies. It's the same as transgenderism and critical race theory.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Article says one hospitalized, no more details. Then it goes on to discuss the dangerous ‘variant’ but no details on its involvement here. It’s all a mess let’s face it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

With a national vaccination rate of 67% adults with at least one shot, the only way a cluster can come about it is if there is a large percentage of unvaccinated folks at an event, such as this camp. Between now and end of the year, you will small flare-ups all over the country, particularly in areas that are low vaccinated and low natural immunity. This camp in Illinois fits that description. In the end it will amount to nothing.

Note national daily deaths are about to cross under 250. This is equivalent to drug overdoses. It will eventually drop to the level of auto accidents. At this point, Covid is not a big issue as portrayed in the media.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  12. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

13. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Super spreader and sparsely populated don’t go together.

14. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

It's all relative. When all the locals descend on the local Elks lodge for a 3-day social event it becomes q major spreading event like what happened in Washington State’s Ferry County.

15. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I call that a pop-up immunity clinic.

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Hot Hot x 1
  17. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

NC State had previously reported that some of their players had a cold. Guess what...colds are ALSO a coronavirus. They got Rahm'ed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Daughter just told me she was asked at lady mammogram if she’d had the vaccine. When she said no they told her the reason they asked was numerous women had shown swollen lymph nodes post vaccine. AND a friend of granddaughter had vaccine in April - just tested positive for Covid. Fortunately only mild symptoms thus far. She’s in mid 20’s. So yes, I’m continuing to discourage my kids and grandkids against the vaccine.
    Yeah I know it’s one instance but it’s important to me.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  19. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

While unsuccessfully looking for a video I saw where scientists tested 1500 covid positive tests for covid finding zero covid in any of them, I stumbled across the Stanford covid testing reports.

Since 6/29/20 (a full YEAR) Stanford has completed 330,812 covid tests with 228 positive results which is a 0.07% positivity rate. Statistically that means zero of the 330,812 people tested died. It's time to put this mess to bed.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Daily covid deaths are now lower than drug overdoses.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

This

I'm shocked people are still buying into the neurotic nonsense of "tested positive"!! It means nothing. And in this case no one has died or even close to it

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

This is why I say everyone has to make their own risk assessments. If you're young and relatively healthy, I don't see much reason to get it. And "young" doesn't mean teenager. I'm 45, and I haven't gotten it. My assessment may change at some point, but right now I just don't see the point.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Our 7-day average is 18. And yet when I travel to Texas in 2 weeks, I'll have to take four tests and quarantine for ten days when I get home.

One thing the Chinese learned from this whole fiasco is that though the West has exceptional scientific ability, the people who shape public opinion and perceptions are not driven by science, have no perspective at all, and clearly enjoy the crisis. Once we decide something is bad or dangerous, we will treat it as such just to perpetuate the crisis long after the crisis has passed regardless of the science.

What frightens me is that one day we'll get by a virus that's truly a ***** - much higher death rates and much harder to vaccinate against. How will we react to it?

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

The numbers are bearing out. 97-99% of those passing from Covid are not vaccinated.

25. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

If the test is only 99% accurate, I believe the positivity rate is actually about 1/10 of those testing positive. To verify, where's my actuary?

26. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Your seven-day is not really that different than Texas...on June 24, we were at a total of 51130 and yesterday was at a total of 51313, or 183 across 9 days. For the entire State.

With complete and utter panic, at which time the preppers will make out like bandits with their remote compounds.

27. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

If I had to draw a line it would be 45. Everyone older gets 2 shots and everyone younger gets 1 shot, if at all.

28. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

As I study cases in Hawaii and UK, the infections are circulating among the unvaccinated natives. So why the restrictions placed on international travel?

29. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

We will all see it is dangerous and act in line with the reality. We don't need "experts" commanding us from on high in order to live our lives.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  30. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

I'm 47. Not going to take the vaccine. I take Zinc and Vitamin D everyday. I will find quercetin and take that if I ever get it. My parents got it in January. The worst part of the disease for them was the social isolation as the quarantined for 10 days.

• Agree Agree x 1