Coronavirus

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Clean, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  2. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

upload_2021-10-23_20-16-38.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

As a beagle owner, he deserves a bullit in his head if true.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2021
  4. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Hang the ******!

5. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Fauci is a national terror. Who can fire him?

6. Horn2RunAgain

It's no mystery now that Collins retired this month. He must have seen this coming

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

The leaked grant proposal struck a number of scientists and researchers as significant for one reason. One distinctive segment of SARS-CoV-2’s genetic code is a furin cleavage site that makes the virus more infectious by allowing it to efficiently enter human cells. That is just the feature that EcoHealth Alliance and the Wuhan Institute of Virology had proposed to engineer in the 2018 grant proposal.

• Hot Hot x 1
  8. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

The above is the whole ballgame.

9. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

He has always been a bit of a sham man in Christian circles. He was a respected name in science who pushed the theistic evolution theory and criticized other Christian ideas as beyond the pale. The guy has blood on his hands now with some of the research he signed off on involving aborted fetus parts. This year he has been a shill for pushing COVID hysteria and every government mandate that has come up.

10. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Guys, Fauci will never be touched. He's the left's darling. The only way he would ever be canned is if made the mistake of saying a guy wearing a dress is still a guy.

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Funny Yet sadly true

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Was he one of the guys who retired when the White House was pushing for boosters and the rest of the world is still needing a first dose?

13. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

14. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

15. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

I don't know.

16. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

No Francis Collins retired as he or the organizations he helps run were starting to get exposed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

I got the Pfizer booster two weeks ago. No symptoms other than sore arm. I Haven’t grown an extra toe or anything yet. Seems pretty innocuous to me.

18. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Kind of like covid for most people. No big deal. Yet, here we are almost 2 years later...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Yep...the totalitarians in our midst like to overlook and disregard that despite almost 3.5M positive tests just in Texas since the counts began in early 2020, we currently have ~4K in hospitals right now.

• Like Like x 1
  20. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

In 1-2 weeks, hospitalizations at TMC will match the lowest since Covid began.

• Hot Hot x 1
  21. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

22. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

23. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

• poop poop x 1
  24. Horn2RunAgain

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  25. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

LOL at the 'journalists' at the Tribune going back to February when there were many who were not even ELIGIBLE for a shot.

And of course they ALSO make the incorrect presumption that 'vaccination' means no death could have occurred. This sort of irresponsible reporting is no different than the numbnuts who claimed an MVA victim was a COVID death because of a positive test when being brought in DOA.

• Winner Winner x 2
  26. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I'm the one making the assumption. 9,000 deaths. 8,957 of them unvaccinated. Seems uber significant. But, hey, freedom!

• poop poop x 1
  27. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Setting aside that it fails to describe the number who perhaps had one shot and thus don't meet the status of Grand Poobah All Exhalted fully vaccinated, you ALSO deliberately seem to ignore the final line of "the rate of deaths has slowed dramatically since vaccines became widely available in April."

And of course, you ALSO choose to ignore that the numbers are preliminary and that DSHS has not actually reviewed all of the cases.

But, hey, you were not worried about facts or the science to begin with...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  28. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

My assumption is that a portion of that 9,000 would have died anyway. Just like 43 vaccinated folks did. It's interesting that the unvaccinated that I know will work hard to take all kind of non FDA approved crap once they've got the virus but are willing to die on the vaccine hill.

Yes, one of us doesn't like science. I agree.

29. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

You clearly don't or you would not keep defaulting to people who test positive landing in a hospital. You CONTINUE to ignore how many positive cases have precisely zero symptoms.

Is it clear that you worship at the altar of the dog abuser and have no problem with the abrogation of the rights of people to make their own decisions about what does or does not enter their bodies.

• Agree Agree x 2
  30. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

This won't get in the news, but the DoD has issued its vaccine requirement for civilian employees. It's pretty ******. Employees have to be fully vaccinated by November 22, 2021 and provide proof of said vaccination. Those who aren't can be subject to discipline, including getting shitcanned, unless they are subject to an exemption or have a request for an exemption submitted that is pending. (Yep, a federal employee can suck balls at his job for decades and can't be fired, but if he is an exemplary employee but doesn't get vaccinated, he can lose his job.)

You might look at that and think, "OK, that's fine. Just apply for an exemption if you think you qualify for one." Seems pretty reasonable, right? Here's the ***** of it. Details for the specifics of exceptions, criteria for submission, required support documentation and approval levels have not been published yet, though they say they're coming at some point. So you have no idea what exemptions will exist or how to request one, but you've got this hard deadline of November 21 or at least risk getting shitcanned. Keep in mind that getting "fully vaccinated" takes time. You can't do that on a dime, so if you plan for an exemption (medical, religious, or whatever), you are risking your job and your career.

Honestly, it makes no difference to me. Mrs. Deez has made peace with the vaccine, has gotten her first Moderna shot, and will have her second one in time. However, this shenanigan of hiding the ball on the exemptions while having a hard deadline to get vaccinated is about as slimy as it gets purely from a procedural standpoint. I'm generally not a fan of government employee unions, but if one wanted to make itself useful for something . . .

• Agree Agree x 2