Coronavirus

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Clean, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Until there are major electoral consequences, we're never going back to normal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Here's an example. My mom will be 81 in February. We just went to the doctor this morning. She's relatively healthy. If she gets the rona she's not the strongest bull in the pen and it could impact her that way. The statistics are so clear that the vaccines have a huge impact. There are outliers. Most vaccines aren't 100%. We eradicated smallpox with a 95% effective vaccine.

PS: Rock Chock Jayhawk

3. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

But we act like the smallpox vaccine works.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • poop poop x 1
  4. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

It's Rock Chalk Jayhawk.

I sincerely hope this lesson isn't too difficult for you to comprehend.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sangre Naranjada

No. I am terrified to take my 21 year old son to the grocery store with me for fear he may die from smallpox. Or the plague.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Since youre not, your welcome. :)

[I okie'd that grammar up for you for that special touch]

7. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

That happens when I try to mock. Hoisted by my own petard.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

Gave it Winner, but a Laugh would have been okie dokie too

9. Sangre Naranjada

You got that one right. Will wonders never cease?

10. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Again, what does my getting the vaccine have to do with her getting the rona. She can still get it from anyone else who is vaccinated.

The smallpox vaccine is a true vaccine. No one took that vaccine that wasn't rushed to market thinking it would be great to only get a mild case of smallpox. And, it affected children greatly, unlike the rona.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

The vaccine is A) statistically effective. B) if you are less likely to contract the virus, you are less likely to spread said virus.

PS: There are some grieving families who might disagree with you on it impacting children.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

The Ottawa Senators hockey franchise and the Cal Bears football team would like a word on the efficacy element of your claim...

• Like Like x 1
  13. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

I know a 19/20 yo kid whose family will call ******** on this. He was temporarily paralyzed after shot #2, still has slurred speech. No guarantee he'll fully recover

14. horninchicago

You are saying that even though you could end up in a triage at an ER because you got covid from an an unvaccinated person, if you catch it from a vaccinated person you won’t end up at an ER? That’s is the crux of it? It’s no longer just protecting yourself but others also?

That just doesn’t make sense. It’s either effective completely or it isn’t.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Don’t be so daft. Statistically speaking is all. Smallpox was 95% effective and it was eradicated because enough people took the vaccine STATISTICALLY to stop it.

16. horninchicago

Because it affected more and was worse of a disease for more people. Sorry. Just not going to get jabbed for other people.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. horninchicago

Comparing to smallpox is being daft.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Hot Hot x 2
  18. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Small pox IS a vaccine.
    How many hundreds of years has it been around?
    hic is correct. comparing the covid stuff to small pox vaccine is daft.

• Hot Hot x 1
  19. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Bubba I am not sure your point #2 is accurate. One can be vaxed, get tested positive and have no symptoms, ie not know they have it. By being positive they can indeed transmit to someone else, vaxxed or unvaxxed. Of course we also know that unvaxxd can be asymptotic and still test positive too. So I profess the ONLY reason to get vaxxed, and I’m not saying it’s a bad one, is to potentially lesson ones symptoms if they get infected. It really has nothing to do with carrying/transmitting because you are still having breakthrough cases.

20. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

A lot of people do bad things. And the word scum can be fluid in it's rich. But this to me is some of the worst scum I've ever read about:

California couple who swindled millions in COVID relief funds cut off their electronic bracelets and fled, leaving their 3 teenage children behind

"A couple convicted of scheming to take $20 million in COVID relief funds have fled justice, said prosecutors.
    • They used the swindled money to buy mansions, jewelry, and luxury goods, authorities said.
    • The pair left their three children behind with a note saying they'd be taking a "brief break from one another."
    A California couple who ran a scheme that stole millions in COVID-19 relief funds cut off their electronic bracelets and fled while waiting for their prison sentences, abandoning their three teenage children, authorities said Tuesday."

• poop poop x 1
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2021
  21. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

If I'm reading your conclusion correctly, you're saying that the vaccines don't work at all in terms of preventing one from catching the disease. That it's only a matter of mitigating it's affects WHEN you catch it. And that all those who are vaccinated who have not caught it, even after relaxing their own mitigation efforts (no more mask, no social distance) have in fact not caught it because they are just lucky and not because they are immunized.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

23. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Vermont with Hawaii is most vaxxed in nation. Cases out of control. Must be those Trump voters.
    7FF4295A-3F00-4754-8FEC-2C056A5603E6.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Covid pills by Pfizer, which are more effective than antibody infusion, should be available by end of year. Also, 3rd shot approved today for Pfizer and Moderna for all adults. Note we have more weapons against Covid now than the flu yet lockdowns, vaxx passports, etc are ongoing.

Since I got Covid in late august, I am probably good this winter. Might consider the booster next summer before the school year begins.

25. horninchicago

• Funny Funny x 1
  26. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Mc, do you say that thinking your natural immunity will wear off by then?

27. Duck Dodgers

Duck Dodgers 1,000+ Posts

That too. Plus the forced sterilizations. In a penny in for a pound if we gas huff a ruling from 1905.

28. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

What's your take on the pills?

29. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Also, think about this. Taking the shot is basically giving yourself a short case of COVID in terms of suffering. Everyone I know who has taken the shot is sick at least 1 day. So not only does it where off after 4 months, at which point it doesn't "work" anymore for those playing at home, it causes you ill guaranteed.

This 95% effectiveness number is garbage except for maybe a small window of time after it already made you sick. By the way, anytime I've had the flu I have felt sick for about a day. So...

30. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

The majority of reactions are minor. I was very tired and slept like a baby after both shots. Out of all of the folks that I know who got it about 40% (WAG #) had any kind of reaction. It may wear off in strength but I presume there is some longer term immunity that arms you against getting a serious infection, hospitalization, and death. Research shows that it has waned some after 7 months but it's still present. Let's see how it goes.

Also, the 95% number was before the delta variant reared its head. After that it was 67% and 75% effective (if my memory serves me well).

• Funny Funny x 1