Coronavirus

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Clean, Jan 28, 2020.

1. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

The fact that you don't understand why the flu vaccine was only partially effective last year, or in any year, and you are in the healthcare industry is an indictment of your intellect.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

3. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Article says 60m citizens are not vaxxed yet. At 3x100k cases per day (estimate of the real number), the remaining unvaxxed 60m will have natural immunity in 100 days assuming half are already infected. Do these people not do math? For most folks, remember the best vaccine is the delta variant.

4. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

He uses the data to reinforce the need to get the booster, that’s all his ‘confession’ is meant to do, not admit any issues with immunity.

• Like Like x 1
  5. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

My county has 1100 Covid deaths out of 600k. When it reaches 1200 deaths, the survival rate will be 99.8% or 499/500. Isn’t that what we were told back in March, 2020?

6. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Fauci rearing his head again explains why WaPo put out an article to try and rehabilitate his image the other day...well, that and to distract from the fact they and so many others were wrong about Rittenhouse...

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• WTF? WTF? x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

That cannot be true. We know Biden was elected to get this under control PLUS he by himself got the vaccine available to the masses.

9. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• WTF? WTF? x 3
    • Hot Hot x 1
  10. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Someone pointed that average age isn’t reported. It could be much different depending on the age profile of those refusing vaccination.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

mchammer, you can't say that. It works! It works! It works! That's all you get to say!

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I saw data this morning that purports the vaccinated folks are now spreading Covid to the unvaccinated. It was hard to comprehend so I am not posting it here but that was one of the conclusions.

13. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

14. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  15. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

16. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Who out here knows of all the vaccine mandate protests going on?

17. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Remember the State is an organization built on violence. That is it. We people can only hope that the State employs violence against evil doers. But when it doesn't this is what happens.

18. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

A big reason why it is dangerous to focus on only one thing to the exclusion of all others and to ignore the other side of the equation.

This is why freedom is the only way forward, even during a pandemic. People need to be allowed to navigate the problems of the world on their own without coercion. People need information, guidance, options. But we don't need decrees from on high. Plus those on high get pretty high on their own power.

19. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I see some potential fallacy here. The graph doesn't say the people are of the same age. It says they are ages 10-60. That's a pretty broad range. In the UK, who isn't vaccinated? It's largely young people - much closer to 10 than to 60, so we're comparing apples to oranges. Well, Covid was never a major threat to them anyway, so it makes sense that their death rates would be very low. It's not too shocking to learn that a 14 year old unvaccinated boy is less likely to die than a vaccinated but fat, 58 year old who has been drinking beer and eating steak and ale pie for 40 years.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

A. Facts don't service this thread well. Stop it. We trade in half truths and misscommunicated graphics.
    B. Ale pie? That sounds intriguing.

21. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I've had them a couple of times. They're very tasty. It's basically like a pot pie but much higher quality. It's a pie made with puff pastry (bottom and top) filled with big hunks of very tender beef and sometimes other items like carrots or potatoes and an sauce made from English ale. It's usually served with mashed potatoes and peas, which are also doused in the ale sauce. I'm sure it's health catastrophe, but it's damn good. Frankly, the Brits eat so much food that's made with puff pastry (which is a saturated fat binge), it's hard to believe they live past 50.

What it looks like.
    36678_sfs-pub-style-steak-pie-17.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  22. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I think even Pole Assassin would be down for that. Makes me hungry looking at it.

• Like Like x 1
  23. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

24. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

25. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

You are supposed to follow unproven science not unequivocal math.

26. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

For the life of me, I don't understand how mean ol' DeSantis could be increasing COVID cases in the Northern states but I just know he is responsible. #DeathSantis.

• Funny Funny x 1
  27. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Funny how many people were duped in to getting a shot even when they didn't need it, just to "get back to normal". Not sure if Scott Adams is joking, but I get the feeling he isn't.

29. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

30. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

This is eye opening...

• Like Like x 1