Coronavirus

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Clean, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Party at Garmel's house!!! (Since he can't go out)

• Funny Funny x 4
  2. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

His asthma won't let him have a drink at a bar, but it will let a bunch of rowdy dudes (and the few token but special chicks) crash and get piss-drunk at his house.

• Like Like x 1
  3. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Conversely...employer decides to mandate the clot shot. Employee has complications. The deep pockets become the employer who mandated it despite the questionable science. Reality is that the more probable source of a suit will be an employee, not a customer or client...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I agree that an employee is a more likely plaintiff, but that goes both ways. An employee contracting Covid can still lead to a workers compensation claim and in some situations, a lawsuit. And regardless, what's the bigger risk? Someone contracting Covid and dying or someone getting a blood clot from the vaccine?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2021
  5. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Depends on your age and current health status.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Yes, I know but overall which is the bigger risk to the general public?

7. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Well, certainly not my dying, but yeah, I get the point.

8. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

The drink's not the problem, it's the second hand smoke. :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

I thought it was beyond reasonable doubt. Seems pretty simple in most cases to raise reasonable doubt considering the number of people most come in contact with daily without having a clue who most of those people are.

10. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

11. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Yes but what about January 6th?

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Beyond a reasonable doubt is the standard for a criminal conviction, and even that isn't certainty. A civil judgment (generally) requires a preponderance of the evidence, which basically means more likely than not.

13. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

14. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Once we learned (or was admitted) the vaxxed could still get infected AND they had minimal symptoms this ‘discovery’ should have been a no brainer.
    Eventually the only thing satisfactory will be daily testing. Yeah, “Did you test negative today?” Will become the everyday question. Remember Biden said he is bringing us millions of rapid tests? Just wait.

15. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Frankly if we had billions of tests and zero restrictions, that would be 10x better to whatever the duck we have now.

16. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Not so good if the test was that d*** bristle swap stuck up to your eyeball every single day!

17. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

It doesn't matter the statistical probability of being harmed by COVID vs the Vax. What matters one entity forcing a person to do something they didn't want to do and it hurts them. Freedom of conscience and personal responsibility means each person needs to make the best decision for themselves and their families. They know their needs better than any bureaucrat. If bureaucrats force people to do things that hurt them and against their will, then the bureaucrats should be held responsible through payment or jail time.

18. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Look who has super high case rates now and who has low rates. Do you hear the medial blaming governors where case rates are super high? No? Why not? If you're honest you.

19. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Good for you. Hope the best for your long term health.

Trust is important.

Re: vaccine. With no known or real long term effect history but from some early evidence: risk of increased propensity for blood clots, blood pressure issues, heart trouble, etc. OR any other long term effects that are unknown today.... from a drug that only went thru phase 1 of normal 3 phase testing.

I ain't no Doc but me and wifey (especially her) are well read on the Covid virus, various shots, therapeutics and what works.

She is on the front lines of sick people and despite careful actions and daily
    Zinc, etc. and taking other precautions, got Covid in Oct. from a hug from a former co-worker. She is 62 yrs old, had VERY MILD symptoms. I told her she kicked Covids *** due to anti stuff she was taking prior to getting it, plus later getting Ivermectin Rx from local Dr. We distanced at home and I fortunately never got it.

Do you want to take the risk with the shot and unknown LT effects? Ok if you do - your choice.

For me, personal choice - no.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2021
  20. WorsterMan

So, has the WHO or CDC disclosed how many DEATHS have been associated with persons getting the Phase 1 Emergency vax for Covid???

No... and they won't.

BIG coverup people!

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2021
  21. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

I just learned on my MCO-BWI flight that one of our flight attendants in her 20s died last week of multiple blood clots after being jabbed.

• WTF? WTF? x 2
    • poop poop x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  22. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

People have the right to decide for themselves how they navigate disease. Governments are stealing those rights from us. Barely anyone cares. It's sad.

• Agree Agree x 4
  23. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

If I was in my 20s, there's no way in hell I would get vaccinated. Covid simply isn't enough of a threat to justify the unknown. And it nauseates me to see people self-righteously posting pictures of their young children getting vaxxed. That's absolutely crazy.

• Agree Agree x 6
  24. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I understand all this, and it does scare me that governments are engaging in some pretty authoritarian and sometimes lawless things, especially in light of how relatively tame Covid is. Yes, it's worse than the flu, and every death is terrible for those who die and their families. However, the government response is more appropriate for a disease that's a far more certain of a killer, and if we were dealing with something like that, I think there'd be far less resistance.

However, for a private business, the statistical probability makes a big difference. It's harder for me to blame them.

• Like Like x 1
  25. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
  26. WorsterMan

My wife has a customer that she has known a while. Woman claims she personally knew 4 people (happened all were men) that died after getting the jab. Wife said she is not the kind of person that would make that up or lie.

Scary stuff you won't hear about from the CDC....or other health officials.

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Employee would still have the uphill battle of proving the workplace was the source of the sniffles. Does not negate the costs of defending a frivolous suit, but still...

28. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

All of this is theoretical. Proving that you contracted Covid from a particular place or person would be very hard whether you're an employee or a customer. It would be tough to overcome summary judgment and tough to sell your case to a jury. Even if you pulled it off and won a verdict, the Texas Supreme Court would be salivating to drag its nuts across your verdict.

29. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

I'm feeling smarter with every comment I read.

• Funny Funny x 3
  30. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Believe it or not, I can fake being a serious adult when I need to do so. lol

• Funny Funny x 2