Coronavirus

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Clean, Jan 28, 2020.

1. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Apparently, I can as well.

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Just so long as you adult that plane back onto terra firma...

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2021
  3. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Had to laugh because since being retired and close to “I don’t give a rats behind” anymore, I think I did that for 38 years when I was working.

4. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Private business owners own the business. They have rights as owner to dictate terms.

They can morally make people take a vaccine in order to be an employee. But we as people can also criticize their decisions and appeal to individual needs and rights. People can and should put pressure on business owners to give their employees medical freedom.

For the most part they do too. But for COVID private business has forced employees to get vaccinated based on government edict. Before the Federal Government announced their requirements or regulations, there were NO private businesses that forced vaccination. This is a situation where business owners aren't acting on their own but acting as the enforcement arm of the Federal Government. At this point, this is a violation of natural rights because corporate action is controlled and directed by the government. That is fascism. It's immoral and should be fought with everything we have.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

The mRNA juice doesn't prevent transmission so it is a moot point. There is no excuse at this point.

6. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 4
  7. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

The mandate is unconstitutional and a clear violation of people's rights. I don't argue that point at all. However, I highly suspect that many businesses (especially large ones) want their employees to vaxx even if they weren't willing to force it and welcome the mandate. After all, their job is to make money, not to make a political point about their employees' rights.

10. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

They have a good grip on things...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Nothing turns on a man more than toothless chicks.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Businesses also don’t want their workers at home because they have someone at home with Covid. They are hoping most of the family gets vaxxed too. The best way to end all of this is stop all restrictions whatsoever and go back to normal.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Virus gonna' virus. Learn to live with it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Good thing is the virus is mutating into a less lethal disease. Luckily it didn't go the other direction.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

16. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

And I suspect that we're going to act as though the oppposite is true.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  18. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

I don't disagree with this statement. But that is mainly because they are coopted by Communist ideology.

Where I disagree, I actually don't think they focus that much on making money today. I work for a large global corporation. The leadership is making layers of decisions over the last 10 years that specifically will reduce profitability in order to adhere to woke agenda. They teach climate crisis propaganda actively. They embrace radical feminism. They have committed to racial equity by giving away tons of money. If they don't change direction our company will have to lay off a large amount of people and get out of many businesses due to these bad decisions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

More fraud from Fauci:

20. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Good article on long list of Covid policy issues. Note the number of excess deaths in Australia and New Zealand that shows minimal impact of taking the vaccine on deaths (excluding Covid).

DEEP DIVE: Covid Myths

• Winner Winner x 2
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
  21. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I think that's typically how it works. The delta variant was the outlier in my mind.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

You're right. Most of the time it does. However, the Spanish Flu was mild at first and we saw what happened there.

23. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  24. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

PA has one of the highest vaccine rates.

334885C5-C412-4A91-A48F-3F064E4C0A13.jpeg

25. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I think there are layers to it. I think we're seeing Gen Z entering the workforce. They're motivated by social justice causes, and Millennials at the managerial level are sympathetic to them. Both are willing to enlist social media and HR departments to shame, bully, and intimidate anyone who doesn't go along by ostracization.

However, I also think older business leaders see the writing on the wall and assume that echoing the woke religion will be a prerequisite to doing business with these screwed-up generations. Jonathan Haidt has commented on this and how to deal with it. Link.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Was Delta an outlier? My understanding is that it spread easier than the original virus but was less lethal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

28. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Low blow.

• Funny Funny x 2
  29. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I"m sure I've repeated this a few times here. It was unique in that it spread out of the trenches in WWI. The people who got real sick went to the hospital. The hospitals had people coming and going in very large numbers. The people who got kind of sick just stayed at the front. The version that went to the hospital is the one that propagated.

30. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Do they HAVE midgets in that State? If not...well, you may not have a valid claim there.