Coronavirus

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Clean, Jan 28, 2020.

1. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

My wife had had off and on sore throat and cold for 6 weeks. Sick one week then well, then sick, etc.

2. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

3. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Yup, wife told me she heard experts saying it will be full-blown in the US in the next 4-6 weeks. Got a P-13 pneumonia shot yesterday as a precaution.

• Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
  4. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Do you know who that woman is?
    She is Rod Rosenstein's sister
    And she decided to drop that bomb while Trump was on India travel

6. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  7. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

mc
    Amazing detailed interview. The scope of what the Trump admin has done in such a short time is remarkable.
    But we know Dems and media will skewer Trump no matter what
    Thanks for posting that.

Ps Schumer etc are vile haters but people will believe them just like haters still think Bush let new Orleans flood because he hates black people

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. militaryhorn

militaryhorn Prediction Contest Manager

When I got stationed at Lackland back in 2007, during my orientation they said that at anyone time there are 35,000 on the base. That includes all the permanent party stationed there, civilian employees, temporarily assigned personnel, all the trainees (basic training, technical school, and foreign students), and visitors on the base. I didn't even mention the family members associated with those permanently stationed here.

By the way, I live right across from the base and while I was there a couple weeks ago I drove by the lodging facility that the initial group was located in and it was fenced off from the public. I felt safe being on base.

9. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

No idea. The cesspool isn't very big is it?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

I don't worry about the ones in quarantine, but it's the ones they're transporting to medical facilities all over town for testing and treatment that bothers me. They need to be totally self-contained so that nobody leaves the quarantine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Overseas bases are doing quite a bit. In Korea, Japan, Bahrain, and Northern Italy, they're closing DoDEA schools and shutting down a lot of on-base activities. No big changes in Germany - yet. (They did close schools in our area due to snow.)

12. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Snow? What ever happened to the 2-3 days of global warming last summer? (Texas laughs hysterically).

13. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

It has actually been a pretty warm winter -warmest we've had. Even today, it's barely at freezing. In fact, it's pretty slushy. This is my street.

rps20200227_155832.jpg rps20200227_155812.jpg

14. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Lovely...

15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Does snow kill the virus?

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

It actually eats snow, in-between infecting humans and bats and monkeys. That's why it goes away in the summer time.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

It probably even eats yellow snow

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

TrumpVirus is trending on Twitter. LOL! Just how stupid are these people?

19. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

It was entirely predictable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Frank Zappa! There's an image/name/musical genre that deserves to stay buried in the past. I was at a party in the 60s and heard a Zappa album (yes it was an album). I thought it was the greatest thing ever. So I rushed out and bought a Zappa album. I must have been stoned out of my gourd at that party. That was the worst crap I ever heard in my life.

• Funny Funny x 3
  21. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

The virus has hit my area. Link. Apparently it's a dude who had been hanging out in Iran.

22. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully the German government will jump right in and do whatever is necessary to keep it from spreading.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  24. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  25. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

It's like when Crock Pot was getting slammed on Twitter because the dad on "This is Us" died from a fire caused by a faulty crockpot. The actor had to come out an remind people (1) that he wasn't really dead and (2) that the crockpot was just a prop on a TV show and didn't actually start a fire.

Dumbasses.

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
  26. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

I’m going to slow cook a corona chicken in my crockpot Saturday.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  27. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

I had a business trip cancelled and was very relieved. Not because I was scared of getting the Coronavirus but more worried about the hysteria. I could see getting quarantined because someone else on my flight had flu like symptoms. Or what if I just developed a normal cold along the way.

• Agree Agree x 2
  28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 1
  29. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

So, you're supposed to spend 3 minutes washing your hands each time? Brain surgeons don't scrub in that good! As soon as you touch anything, anything. You're contaminated again.

The other thing you can try is to not touch your face. Try it. It's hard as Hell! The minute you lose focus, you may find yourself unconsciously rubbing your eyes or nose.

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

As a show of empathy for Mr Deez, I shoveled sunshine off my sidewalk today. :smile1:

• Funny Funny x 2