Coronavirus

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Clean, Jan 28, 2020.

1. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Stupid, just stupid. Other than lining the pharma’s pockets and the politicians in the click I see no benefit to taking the d*** booster.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I don't doubt that there's some benefit to getting it. However, in a liberty-oriented society, benefit isn't enough reason to use the power of government to compel something. You would have to show that the vaccine would dramatically prevent the spread of the disease to others to justify a mandate of any sort. It clearly does not.

Personally, I think drinking good, German beer is beneficial, but should the government start holding people down and forcing beer down their throats? No.

3. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

As much scientific proof that the beer is good for you as there is for a 5th then 6th and on and on booster.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

I've heard that the fifth and sixth beer really do a number on the system though...but I am game to test those claims.

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I've tested that many times. In my 20s and even 30s it worked great. In my 40s, it's not so good.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Wait till you hit the 60’s and 70’s. Everything changes ( but hell I’m stupid enough to still challenge it).

• Like Like x 2
  7. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Ditto. On New Year's Eve, I drank several beers and some champagne at a party in Mineral Wells with some of my best friends. It was great partying with friends I've barely seen in the last ten years, but I definitely paid the price the next day.

8. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

People still wear masks. I just don't get it. The use of them has been debunked many times and ways.

Now areas with higher vaccine rates have a higher rate of infection. So we see how that whole narrative has fared.

But American used to be the land of the free and the home of the brave. That means vaccines don't get forced on people no matter what their effect is. Either that or we aren't free or brave.

9. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Areas with higher vaccines rates also are coincidental with higher adherence to strict Covid restrictions. As such, they have lower natural immunity. Thus, the mask usage is just symptomatic with Covid caution. Otherwise, Science says mask usage is mostly Covid theatre.

10. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

To a great extent, it's cultural. At church this morning I saw some masking (all N95 or surgical), but it was entirely elderly people who likely have preexisting conditions. Basically nobody under 70 had a mask. However, it's a pretty conservative congregation. In fact, our pastor got into some hot water for this, which happened before we were in the UK.

11. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Its like a liberal badge of honor to "wear" a mask. Working retail in Austin I would say roughly 40% of my customers still wear face diapers while about 50% of those have them pulled down to their chin and maybe covering their mouth. About 10% are couples with one wearing a mask while the other isn't. It amazes me how many teen to college age kids wear them. Its great entertainment to laugh at those idiots but the brainwashing of our youth is entrenched.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Around here in Katy those that west are primarily Asians. Still about maybe 15% of folks do wear them at the box stores.

13. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

I did have an old lady confront me on Friday for not wearing a mask to my doctor's appointment. I walked in and this lady turned around and was visibly shaking because I wasn't wearing a mask. She asked me where my mask was. I said I don't have any. The office workers gave me one. But when I walked over to the window, the lady moved back from me in a startled manner. I told her "Hey. I am not sick. I am no threat to you. Relax."

When I was leaving the office workers all apologized for the lady's behavior. Even though they were wearing masks, they weren't offended by my behavior.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Over here, they're still militant about masks in medical settings. If you go into a hospital here, you're greeted by a NHS thug who will instruct you (in a kindly British way but still with resolve) to put on a mask.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2022
  15. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Masks will never go away for some liberals. They have been permanently brainwashed.

16. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

For many, they signal righteousness and a false concern for public health.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Meanwhile, I saw an article in the Comical the other day whining about the end of federal funding for sniffles care. I suspect that, once that disappears, the Trauma Service Area which encompasses Harris County will quit admitting 40-50 people per day out of the 130-150 admissions which occur across the entire State.

TSA Q continues to have ~270 beds filled while the State as a collective whole has been under 1000 for a week.

Oh, and if anyone is interested, we have enough ventilators on hand for each person currently in a hospital bed with the 'rona to have eight of them.

19. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Psaki told Doucey today that kissing was within the CDC guidelines for social distancing when asked about Pelosi kissing Biden. With a straight face. She lies better than George Costanza.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Most of what she replies to him with is a smirk while not even attempting to answer the questions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Don't forget Psaki also told Doocey it made sense to give illegal aliens FREE smart phones

22. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  23. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

California considering stripping stripping doctors of their licenses if they don't spout the party line on COVID. Link. Another example of the people who claim everybody is a fascist acting like fascists.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  24. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Something we've always known. Well, at least with the people that have common sense.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Think Fauci has seen that data graph?

26. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Probably. He doesn't care because he has more grifting to do.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  27. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

28. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I got this when I clicked on that.

Screenshot_20220416-145627.png

29. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

The author apparently limited its reach. It’s mostly about Shanghai residents treated like prisoners in their apt buildings.

30. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

That often shows up when someone realizes they went viral...or, alternately, sticks by the opinion but has someone whining to their employer about it and seeks to limit its reach.