Coronavirus

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Clean, Jan 28, 2020.

1. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

I don't know whose fault it is, but this retard told everyone that he would fix all the problems Trump supposedly created. It has gotten much worse from the prosperity, low inflation, and low unemployment we suffered with during the mean tweet administration.

So, can he/they fix it now, or not?

(I already know the answer. This dumb *** has had plenty of time to do something.)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Again, he didn't start the fire. He just poured gasoline on it with the COVID spending bill, which was unnecessary and tried to pour far more on it with BBB.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

He also said beforehand that his policies wouldn’t cause inflation.

4. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

He says stupid **** like that and gets away with it because too many Americans swallow whatever the incurious media feeds them, and most Americans don't have enough of a basic understanding of economics to call ******** on their own.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Off the top of my head:
    The federal deficit will be gone in 8 years.
    I have a plan that’s much better than Obamacare and much cheaper.

This guy does it better. Top 40: Trump’s 40 Biggest Broken Promises
    No one holds the last guy to his words. Why are we starting now?

6. horninchicago

First time politician and wins the presidency. Fighting a constant uphill battle against Dems, the media, and RINOs. Did pretty damn good otherwise, and thank God he changed the complexion of the Supreme Court. Hillary would have destroyed the Republic with her nominees.

Biden has been a public servant for more than 40 years. So, again, why can't he figure things out? Answer: he never did anything in office except wield power in a rich state and through corruption. He was clueless on policy and legislation before the dementia.

• Winner Winner x 3
  7. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

To be fair, nobody really believed that.

8. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Yes, but it’s a defense against someone who may say that no one saw inflation coming. Biden was warned and not only did he ignore it, he said flatly it wouldn’t happen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

The ultimate root cause to all of this is the dumbassery of shutting down every major world economy to "keep people safe". As things started to collapse and people ran out of money, instead of just opening back up they printed mountains of cash.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. horninchicago

Yep. It was as if Trump finally decided he should play nice and appease the media. So, he keeps Fauci and Birx around instead of firing their sorry asses the minute the closure and lockdowns were recommended.

He had one of the best economies rolling, and he ruined it. He blew it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2022
  11. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Retrospective judgements are easy. Prospective ones are much more uncertain.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. horninchicago

Dunno...I was cursing him all along for agreeing to "flatten the curve" and shut down the economy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Agree. Considering that we didn't know anything about Covid at the beginning and considering what we were seeing in other parts of the world, I think lockdowns were pretty defensible. The problem is that they should have been over by May. By then, we knew who was really at serious risk and who wasn't. Instead of turning our governors and mayors into little dictators, we should have protected the elderly and let the rest of the country get back to work. We'd be much better off now had we done so.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

He took over in the 129th month of a historic positive moving economy. He was actually making unsound decisions to try to keep it from taking a NATURAL downturn that would fall on him. The % of debt to GDP was a lot higher than Obama. His tax cuts that benefited the top tax brackets did not have the outcome that he said they would. It only added to the national debt.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Show us the empirical evidence .

16. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

Nailed it, hic! If Hillary had been elected, the SCOTUS would be dominated by Marxists by now, sending the Constitution straight down the tubes (and the country along with it).

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

So they get a merrick garland appointed. Then RGB is replaced by a liberal judge. It’s 4-5 liberals then, right?

I think we are flushing away as we type.

18. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Correct hic. It was unjust to label some people "unessential" and shut down schools and businesses when no one understood the risk. Unknown risk is not justification to violate constitution rights. Maybe if it was understood what a disease would do you could make a case for violating rights. But in that case you wouldn't have to violate rights because people would voluntarily take precautions based on the evidence.

State and Federal Constitutions were violated in the response to covid. I don't agree with it but restrictions to assembly can be legal if there is due process. But even that sham justification was ignored.

Gov. Abbot just extended his covid emergency timeline another 30 days. He has continually extended it since 2020. All these politicians have shown themselves to be tyrants and arbitrary in their edicts. A truly free people wouldn't allow for this. Which only means we aren't free. We are slaves to whatever politicians' whims.

Now the whims are to reduce fertilizer usage which means to reduce food production which means some % of us starves to death.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. horninchicago

Right. Big box stores were essential, not locally owned places. Beer and liquor distribution was essential. What a sham it all was.

I know someone, the daughter of a friend, who has autoimmune issues. She lambasted us for our stance that everything should be open. She says she had no choice but to go to work at her beer distribution company. Uh, yes she did. She could have just quit. But then, how could she be a hypocrite if she dis that?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Mona :hookem2:
    There are lots of truths in your post.
    This is one "Unkown risk is not justification to violate constitution rights".

21. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Does anyone really dispute this?? Of course beer and liquor distribution is essential.

22. horninchicago

I know you are already inebriated so I will give you a pass here.

• Funny Funny x 3
  23. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

It's 6:18 p.m., and I haven't had a single drink - yet. Lol.

• Hot Hot x 1
  24. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  25. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Hahahaha, can’t be true right? After all who believes the NE Journal of Med.

upload_2022-7-27_18-4-10.jpeg

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  26. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I am gobsmacked.
    Just got an email from my niece with a pic of her2 yo after getting the vaccine. My niece is a Dukie from Mass General. Very bright and respected in the medical field.
    She mentioned she was so glad the gov't such good research so she knew it was safe.
    HOW can smart people ignore other Docs and their research

• Agree Agree x 3
  27. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

I seriously hurt for those kids. Don’t need it, shouldn’t get it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  28. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

CNN Poll: 75% of Democratic voters want someone other than Biden in 2024 - CNNPolitics

75% of DEMOCRATS in a cnn poll want someone other than Joe to run in 2024

29. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I think to a great extent, it's parental virtue signaling. By having their kids get vaccinated (which they often post to social media), it's telling others that they (at least superficially) "care" about their kids and believe in the "science." I'd never give this vaccine to my kid. Not effective enough, and the risk from the disease is far, far too minor to justify. Deez, Jr. got Covid two weeks ago. Extremely high fever (reached 106, but came down with tylenol) for about 2 days and some congestion, and then he was fine. You don't get an experimental vaccine for that.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  30. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1