Coronavirus

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Clean, Jan 28, 2020.

1. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Isn't "infected" a misnomer? Anyone can breathe in the virus. Any of us could have any of the viruses most of us have been really vaccinated against, but those vaccines actually prevent illness. Whether or not symptoms manifest and to what extent is really what we are talking about here.

No proof whatsoever that the jab(s) reduce or prevent symptoms.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

No HIC, but there appears to now be evidence that multi vaxxed are more susceptible to traumatic issues.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. horninchicago

Oh, I'm sure you know my position on that and that I agree with you eleventy thousand percent.

• Like Like x 1
  4. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

The people who are multi-vaxxed are the most unhealthy. >50% of the folks who die of Covid were going to die within a year regardless. It’s a horrible dataset to work with. Effectiveness of any vaccine should be for folks aged between 40-60 (old enough to die of Covid but not old enough to die of something else).

• Like Like x 1
  5. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Way low mc, unless that group is seriously obese. More like 70+ imo.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

If you work in healthcare, you were forced to get vaccinated because the federal government would cut Medicare and Medicaid payments if you didn’t. I got vaccinated as a result.

I now have to take blood pressure meds even though I’m otherwise healthy. Not sure if it’s just my age or not, but starting to think it’s the jab.

Good news is the way America is going, I should get reparations at some point. And you idoits who refused will be left out.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Hot Hot x 1
  7. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

It is scary. I'm getting pressure from my wife to get another vaccine. It's all around me again. Her sister and husband along with her niece all contracted COVID this week (they're still testing positive) and I was around all three over New Years weekend. I have zero symptoms but have lazily not tested myself but I'm staying home. I feel fine. Their symptoms are pretty mild and they are all on Paxlovid. Also, they have all been vaccinated at least twice (the original dosage) but I'm not sure beyond that.

It's hard to know what's happening.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

These folks with Covid - is this their first or second infection? I ask because I believe folks with multiple shots but no prior infection are the ones getting Covid now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

11. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 5
  12. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

I paid $115 for a ticket to the 2003 Texas-OU game. That was worse.

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

They work just like a crack dealer. Once you have addicts, you can raise prices. From the number of what looks like normally healthy people still wearing cloth masks, the have a market.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

And sometimes a free ticket is a piss away:

UCLA 66
    Texas 3

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Two of them are on their first infection. The other one is on her second.

• Like Like x 1
  16. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Got his response. He is an Oncologist at Texas Oncology. His remarks are in this context:

1) He's probably too busy to read the entire study but he may have. I would think he should have read it because he is in the business of advising cancer patients whether or not to get a vaccine (and boosters) along with wearing a mask. Basically, he thinks I should do both.
    2) I am immunocompromised so his comments were directed to me and probably not for otherwise healthy people.

The following was passed along by his nurse. It's brevity is familiar as he is a very busy man and he probably won't send me a bill for this so he didn't respond with a dissertation.

"In regards to the IgG4 article, Dr. XXXX commented, "Interesting but not relevant clinical information...The risk from COVID out weighs the risk of this finding."

17. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

I've had cedar fever the past 2 days. I defy anyone to tell me covid is worse. ..

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Interesting he didn’t diminish it. Which means for me that some people having cancer and the shot is a bad combo.

19. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

by
    I can see why you trust him.

• Like Like x 1
  20. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Yeah. He's done a great job. I'm in remission for all intents and purposes. The treatment had zero side effects (9 infusions and a years worth of daily pills) other than the first infusion when my BP dropped to 78/40 which I don't recommend for anyone. That was not a surprise. They told me ahead of time it would happen. It took 20 minutes to get me back to normal and then all was well. No nausea. No hair loss. It was an antibody regimen that was "well-received by patients" as he told me up front. He was right. It was once a trial a few years ago and was approved and here I am still kicking.

He is clearly prioritizing my immunocompromised status. The only thing I don't get is that I'm not really that sure if the shot works at all because I think you have to have an immune system to boot. Yet my wife caught COVID and I didn't even though we were, you know, man and wife right up to the point of her testing positive.

Who the F knows?

So I'm trying to decide if I should get the shot. His basic attitude all along is that regardless of the questions, I need all the help I can get and a little is better than none. I've been a "bad" patient in that regard as I've deliberately not gotten another booster since August 2021.

21. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

You're right. He didn't diminish it. That's where I wonder about the time element. Did he not have the time to give me a primer on IgG4 because he had other patients to deal with? I found out that they will push you off (this happened at MD Anderson) once they believe you're good. They have other people and leap away once you're cured. So apparently this was low on the radar and he's not going to glance thru a study and make the call that I should avoid the vaccine from here on out. In his world, that might be a big decision that he doesn't want to own. I guess he's erring on the side of keeping my immune system up (with all the external help; remember, I have taken an antibody injection called Evusheld on two occasions, the most recent this past September. It's not a vaccine though it is delivered in the ***, twice. It is more of a broad boost to the immune system and not targeted to anything in particular) and not any long-term side effects. Just about everything they put in us has a side effect so maybe he's numb to it. Hard to say. They "profile" conditions and make judgment calls on what's important at the moment which is me surviving the Leukemia and not dying from COVID because of it.

In the end, medicine is just buying us more time.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Basically you took $115 out of your wallet and wiped your *** with it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  23. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I agree with that but Flonase is the miracle cure.

24. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Went back for outpatient install of the chemo port this AM. Same facility and surgeon as last month. Once again, no Vax requirement and nobody pushing masks.

When nurse was going over consent forms, I did ask if the segregated blood by vaxxed and non-vaxxed. She wasn't sure but it was clear it was not the first time she had heard the question...

A major Houston facility not requiring masks or Vax answers the question about whether health professionals feel thus nonsense is over!

• Like Like x 2
  25. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Interesting.mb
    Did they clear it with Fauxci?

26. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  27. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

What does it matter if they continue with the exact same recommendations.

28. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Sure were quick to announce investigation THIS time.

29. horninchicago

Video of CDC.

• Funny Funny x 2
  30. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

• Funny Funny x 2