Coronavirus

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Clean, Jan 28, 2020.

1. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

The Dude abides!

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

I wash my hands no less than 15 times per day. Often times I follow that up w/ washing my face as well. I'm around about 100 kids per week, that many adults at least. Plus, our 2yo grand daughter lives with us. She's exposed to a lot of coodies and such at pre school

Thanks to Woo and Clean on the pneumonia shot. Gonna get that

One odd thing... The past 2 yrs I've caught upper Rep infections that lasted about 2 months total. The 1rst week is absolutely debilitating. Can barely work, short of breath, sick as hell. It starts intense for about a week, followed by 3 weeks of feeling weak, then a week of seeming recovery... Then for the next month I'm back to being sick.. Then, it's gone and I'm as good as new

Reasonably healthy (work out 7 days a week), but my immune system is going south as I get older. I think the older we get, the more sleep we need and that's a real challenge for most of us.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. WorsterMan

The virus is probably already in the DFW area... radio news report last eve said 7 students at UT - Dallas were placed in quarantine yesterday. Doesn't mean they have the virus but odds just went went way up one or more do or will.....

4. WorsterMan

Don't delay amigo. You can walk in any Walmart and get one without an appointment. Walgreen's schedules appointments online. I filled out simple paperwork and got the shot in 15 minutes at a Walmart close to my home. Paid $0 for it - shoulder only slightly sore - no side effects.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
  5. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I have had 2 trips cancelled so far: south China (near Vietnam) and Abu Dhabi.

6. WorsterMan

Probably very inconvenient for your business for sure but you avoided 2 risks - the virus of course and all the drama in those countries along with the chance of getting quarantined in unpredictable or risky circumstances.

If you did get the virus overseas who is going to care for you? Hell, several of these countries are over-run with sick people they cannot possibly treat / care for.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Sorry, 3 trips. I forgot about Delhi. I wasn’t likely to see my family for most of Feb and March without the virus.

8. n64ra

n64ra 1,000+ Posts

NEVER underestimate how stupid people are. Reminds me of the time A&W tried to sell a 1/3 pound burger to combat McDonald's 1/4 pound burger at the same price. Market research found that consumers believed A&W was selling a smaller burger than McDonald's.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  9. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Love him or hate him Trump would not make this mistake. He would offer 2 patties since 2 is more than 1.

10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

He played one of the 2 or 3 final shows in the Armadillo HQ before it closed, which I saw and which was a lot of fun - he was a good showman with a large talented band. He had some quick but pointed thoughts about the close of the Armadillo, which I also agreed with. And he was an adamantly free speech proponent, something else he and I agreed on.

I knew this artist too, we hung out for a coupe years before I left \/
    [​IMG]

11. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Armadillo World HQ. Boy that takes me back. $3 to see a rock n roll show.

I used to have one of their show’s posters in my dorm room. I took it off a bulletin board on campus. Most of my room’s decorations were stolen or discarded. I was po’.

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
  12. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

I'm not sure which is more ignorant, the populace for not knowing 5.33 oz > 4 oz or the A&W marketing dept. for not foreseeing the ignorance of the populace. If they don't have the foresight to market it as a 5.33 oz burger vs a 4 oz burger then they deserve whatever failure it was.

13. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

IMG-20200301-WA0000.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

15. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

And more.

IMG-20200301-WA0001.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
  16. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

NY has its first case from a woman who recently travelled to Iran. WTF?

17. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

I have seen multiple reports that people shouldn't wear masks. People who are infected need to where the masks to keep the germs to themselves. If you aren't infected the mask is that effective.

18. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Iran has a pretty big problem with the virus, so that's not a surprise. The first German case is also from someone who had been to Iran.

19. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

A Wuhan evacuee to Joint-Base San Antonio, who was treated for the virus at a local hospital, was released Saturday into the public. She'd passed the CDC guidelines which is two negative test results. She apparently rented herself a motel room here in town.

That part of the story seems clear, but then, she was tested a third time and returned a "weak" positive test result. I don't understand why she was tested a third time if she'd been released, but apparently she was. Now she is back in quarantine.

A CDC spokesman said the weak positive may have been the result of the nasal swab picking up dead COVID-19 cells. The test can't differentiate between live cells and dead ones. That's the best case scenario, a false alarm. Worst case scenario is as many as a dozen locals may have been exposed by her to the virus.

Update:

Apparently the lady, rented herself a hotel by the SA Airport, planning to fly out at some point. Then she went across the street to the popular North Star Mall and ate at the food court sometime Saturday! Haven't heard what else she did, but if she's positive, she exposed a whole bunch of people to COVID-19. What a cluster!

update - 8:45pm

they’ve totally shut down North Star Mall & are trying to disinfect it. It’s a big mall, can’t imagine how much that is costing. How do you disinfect a store like Dillard’s or Macy’s with thousands and thousands of pieces of clothing?

She stayed at a Holiday InnExpress by the airport. I imagine they’re scrambling to disinfect that place too. Of course she took the Holiday Inn shuttle to the mall and back. And she had to get from Lackland to the airport area somehow. What a catastrophe!

Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
  20. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

If the latter is true, then there is no point in a quarantine system except to buy time till warmer weather.

21. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The Dutch Resistance

• poop poop x 4
  23. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Thinning the herd. Too soon?

It's odd that it's so big in Iran. John Oliver did an interesting drill down on the various countries' responses comparing Iran to Vietnam.

24. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

The advisor to the high smuckety-smuck in Iran died from it. Bet Khamenei is sweating bullets about now.

For that matter, people are worried about Pope Francis. He's over 80 and has exposed himself to the throngs of worshipers at the Vatican. Italy is another hotspot.

25. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Northern Italy. Unless the landscape has changed, the Vatican is a LONG ways from the hotspot.

26. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

I heard that the college basketball players association has suggested that the NCAA Tournament games be played in empty stadiums in order to not endanger the players.

Imagine if this thing is hanging around next college football season!! We might not need an expanded stadium.

27. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

So, if you're a true believer in Northern Italy and you think there's a chance you've got it and probably aren't going to make it, doesn't going to see the Holy Father make sense?

28. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Did I read that new cases in China are decreasing? That's a good sign. I've got a trip to Rome schedule for July. Hope I can make it.

29. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

30. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

You're out of your damn mind to be going to Rome in July, and that would be true even if there was no coronavirus problem in Italy.

• Funny Funny x 2