Coronavirus

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Clean, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I have a friend in Northern Italy in a city with a great walking/running trail besides their Alps-fed river. He complains that tourists keeping pooping on the trail. He had to stop walking his dogs there it got so bad. He says the offending-tourists were Chinese. I am not sure what you do about that, except dont go near the area. But that seems a high price to pay. How would you even explain it to your boss, "I cant come into work for the next 3 weeks because I stepped in some possible Chinese poo on the trail behind my house in this somewhat secluded area of northern Italy?"

I know some of you go to China - is this a common thing there too? People just defecate in the outdoors, like its India or something?

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
  2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Please stop. You are no dumber than the average Democrat

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

Vitamin C helping?

2020-Mar-02.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Further down in the thread someone says testing hot spots are being set up.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

C will boost the natural immune system. The way to do it is megadose with 2000 i.u. of a high quality product every 4 hours. That is the most your body can process (thus more than that is a waste (but not necessarily harmful)). I dont know about this virus, but I can say it helps ward off other illnesses.
    You might also pick up a copy of "Yellow River" by I.P. Freely.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

This sort of thinking is usually what causes the problems in the first place.

If you are infected wouldn't it be even more effective to not go out in the first place?

People coming out of the stalls? Or are people pissing on their hands?

7. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

Piss is sterile.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

lol. They had better

9. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

* unexpected

10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

And Super Tuesday for Democrats is on March 4

11. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

this is precisely my concern as I have a trip scheduled to depart on Thursday.
    It's worse than rolling-up on the last leg of the trip at domicile and getting tagged for the "random" drug test.

"will we get out of Richmond tomorrow???"

sigh.

Now ... what I've seen elsewhere (but not yet here) ... extremes of response on the issue of CoV-19 (or whatever it is) ...

You've got the media/ilk characterizing this like Greta does the climate ... "mass extinction"

Then you have the other extreme saying "all alarmism, just a virus, just wash your hands." Or (#HisSilentinBengHazi has killed more people than corona virus). One was allegedly a clinic nurse treating corona virus patients ... and besides the normal scrubs, she has a drape over her scrubs, a face shield and a mask. Ah ... "no cause for alarm?" how bout just a bit of concern??? Perhaps something which would mitigate the spread &/or duration of the illness?

sigh sigh.

Is waiting for Greta-time the only thing to move the latter group?

Just "not dying" isn't a standard for me to have elevated concern.

I want to avoid being sick, period. But this thing lies dormant/latent/whatever ... asymptomatic for up to 14 days WHILE the infected person is contagious ... e.g. spreading the virus.

That gets out of hand in a BIG hurry.

Then comes the pressure on the health care INDUSTRY ... not the insurance boondoggle ... but the actual rate being maxed-out at clinics to treat infected folks.

... here's my Eyore prediction: I get my car back (restoration project; 1961 Impala) just prior to attending the Beach Boys concert ... and the Beach Boys cancel because 3 or 4 of 'em have Corona!

or worse ... >>>>I<<<< contract Corona!

"just wash your hands"

SMH.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

yes, and run the faucet the entire time, too! :eek:

13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 3
  14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Probably will not see the media reminding anyone of this moment anytime soon but back in 2009, Barack Obama waited to declare the H1N1 a national emergency until after millions of Americans were infected with over 1,000 Americans dead. The swine flu was a pandemic by April 2009 but Obama waited 6 months until October to declare it a public health emergency. In addition, despite the fact it was known that the virus was coming into the US from Mexico, he refused to shut the border down.

By way of comparison, President Trump acted within 3 weeks and before there were any deaths in the US.

[​IMG]

15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Southern Italy has some real competition these days
    The politicians in SF are something of a case study in what not to do if you want a functioning society.
    [​IMG]

16. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

No place in Europe is as stupid about crime as liberal cities in the US are - certainly after these moronic "no prosecution" declarations and bail "reforms." Those are just rank idiocy on display. If I walked into the local grocery store and stole a pack of gum, they wouldn't give me the guillotine, but I would good arrested and charged. And that would be true even in Left-leaning areas.

17. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

No, I don't think I would have had the guts to eat at the "Stinking Rose".

I left thinking that SF was the most beautiful city I'd seen and the weather is fantastic. It just made me want to walk every where. But, I couldn't afford to live there even back then. My hotel charged an additional $20/day for a sticker that gave you the right to park in their tiny underground parking garage, but it didn't guarantee you a parking space! I couldn't find a parking space the first couple of days. Once I did get a parking space at the hotel, I never moved my car again until I left for the airport.

18. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

They shut down the high school near my house to clean it "out of an abundance of caution". Why? Because a teacher was at North Star Mall at the same time as the evacuee that was released prematurely and then quarantined again! That's a 250,000 square foot mall! Talk about hysteria.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

That probably means that got a bunch of phone calls from parents

20. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Death rate in Korea where they have done a food job testing folks (not just the ones who are really sick) is 0.6%.

21. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

• Winner Winner x 1
  22. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I thought this smelled like taint.

Did Obama Declare Swine Flu an Emergency Only After 'Millions' Were Infected?
    The disease emerged in April of 2009. It wasn't declared a pandemic until June. Obama declared it a public health emergency in April, when there were 20 cases in the US. He went further and declared it a national emergency in October. This gave officials some added tools in in their toolboxes.

I rate your information Russian in nature. :)

• Like Like x 1
  23. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Dunno, that's a non-emergency situation which means the odds of getting a police response in Austin late at night aren't good.

24. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

To be honest I haven't looked at the facts in this case but I wouldn't trust Dan Evon's assessment as fact. He has a habit of getting his fact checks wrong. He was also one of the idiots going after the Babylon Bee.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I'd guess that the youtube videos he posted may back up his "assessments". As do the links to WHO, CDC, AP, DHHS, NBC and the NY Times. So, barring that they're "deep fake" videos and all fake links, you can probably trust him on this. I'd put up his accuracy against your President. :|

• Like Like x 1
  26. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

This was the same idiot that went the Babylon Bee. Bubba, you still haven't figured the out MSM no matter the times they've made you look ridiculous.

27. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

So, do CDC, WHO, DHHS, etc. compose the "MSM" as well? Also the ************* VIDEOS. Is that "MSM"?

28. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

To be honest I'll have to research the sources to check if Evon is bullshitting or not.

• Like Like x 1
  29. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Paging Linus Pauling.

30. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Talk about big brother/big government surveillance... (with the willing help of some 'name brand' tech companies)

New normal in virus-hit China: High-tech tracking and fever checks
    "With the government calling for an all-out "People's War" against the virus, tech champions like Alibaba and Tencent have rolled out digital mobile-phone apps that use big data to track a traveller's movements going back as far as a month. Users are rated as green, yellow or red based on whether they visited any high-risk zones. Showing one's code to security personnel is now compulsory in a number of cities to exit train stations, or use public transport."