Corpus Christi Hotels...

Discussion in 'On The Road Again' started by Rip76, May 3, 2009.

1. Rip76

Rip76 1,000+ Posts

Where are a few decent places to stay in Corpus?
    Downtown.

Preferrably a hotel with a bar/restaurant available.
    or within walking distance.

Thanks.

2. pulque

pulque 1,000+ Posts

The Omni is your only decent choice...

3. Rip76

Rip76 1,000+ Posts

I figured...

Normally when I go there on business I just stay at the Hampton Inn in Portland. But I don't really want to drive around after having a few.

4. Lat22

Lat22 1,000+ Posts

Omni Bayfront is the only one.

5. Rip76

Rip76 1,000+ Posts

Any restaurants in walking distance?

6. pulque

pulque 1,000+ Posts

There is a pretty good restaurant across from the Omni Marina. I think it is called City Grill. That's where I ate when I stayed there a few weeks ago. Beats paying Omni restaurant prices....

7. Lat22

Lat22 1,000+ Posts

Water Street Oyster Bar is right down the street. There's a sushi place (Aka?) about two blocks away. Executive Surf Club, Railroad Seafood Station....lots of places.

8. Rip76

Rip76 1,000+ Posts

Cool, thank you very much.

9. Basketball Jones

Basketball Jones 500+ Posts

Water Street is always a good choice

And, yes, the Omni is the only place to stay

10. rhorn27

rhorn27 250+ Posts

Not true, there is a boutique hotel above Vietnam Restaurant on Water St. I have not stayed at the hotel, but the food is very good.

V Hotel CC

11. sportswriter

sportswriter 100+ Posts

yeah, don't know much about that hotel, but the food at Vietnam Restaurant kicks a lot of ***.

Water Street Seafood is probably the best restaurant downtown. Try the shrimp enchiladas. Delicious.

Not a big fan of City Diner, really.

If you want a good greasy hamburger for a quick bite or even to sober up after a night of drinking, try Hurb's. It's just a few blocks from the Omni.

Quite a few bars and nightclubs downtown. There's a fairly new place called Fire On the Water (across the street from Water Street Seafoord) that has $1 drafts all night on Friday and some big screen TVs. Watched the Rockets game there last Friday. Not a very big crowd, but we got drunk for cheap.

Didn't know much about Corpus before I moved here, but downtown isn't nearly as bad as i thought it would be.