COTA

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Texas Taps, Mar 14, 2013.

1. mandingo

mandingo 2,500+ Posts

So it looks like COTA has reacted & has sent out a clarification email. Funny how that always seems to work with them. LMAO. The problem there is, as with the Sep 30 email, the info seems to only be available to people who have already purchased spots. Might affect sales to let everyone know.

2. mandingo

mandingo 2,500+ Posts

With only 11 days left until FP1, many people still haven't received their tickets and are getting antsy.

Just got a message on our page from a follower who is also still waiting. He says he called cota & it took forever to get thru. He also says they're telling people if tickets aren't at your house by Friday, then to pick them up at will call. The problem there is that many ppl are also waiting for parking passes. So how do you pick up your tix at will call when u can't park anywhere?

3. mandingo

mandingo 2,500+ Posts

Oy. If you were counting on the USGP Wednesday Fan Pit Walk like I was....well, don't.

Sadly, it looks like COTA has removed it from the weekend schedule.
    The Link

4. mandingo

mandingo 2,500+ Posts

After 2-3 yrs of us promoting them & answering the questions they just ignored, @circuitamericas just followed me on twitter. Little late? LMAO. Clueless.

5. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

I was out there last week and toured the facilities and there was mud, mud, mud. Lots of cleaning up going on and they have not yet paved the parking by the first turn on top of the hill. I am sure that the rain over the next two days will affect that project as well. The inner shuttles will rely on that or tear the living hell out of the ground.

There was mud in the ped tunnels and all over.

6. mandingo

mandingo 2,500+ Posts

Hey l00p. Re: the mud, a lot of people have been asking about the condition of the COTA grounds after the recent flooding. I thought I had posted this here already, but I guess not. I posted this in response to a question on Motorsport Mayhem about the condition of the grounds. Keep in mind, these pics are from the SVRA weekend, hours after a mere 1/3" rain on Saturday night. They are not from after the big floods.

7. mandingo

mandingo 2,500+ Posts

Looks like they've added "Formula Vintage" to the USGP weekend schedule. I guess that's the Historic GP guys?

8. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Mandingo, I saw after the floods! I took some photos but with my cell phone and don't know how they turned out. If any are of quality I will send to you. I don't know how much really came through the photos but the place was buzzing with activity and work crews doing things.

You are right about the prayers going out for dry race week and weekend. Big time.

9. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

As of today, 10% chance of rain on Friday and Saturday and 40% chance on Sunday.

10. mandingo

mandingo 2,500+ Posts

Nice l00p. Go ahead & post 'em! Or if you want, I can try to enhance them & post em if you wanna send em to me. Just let me know.

BTW, COTA is taking a beating on their Facebook page over USGP ticket delays, apparently deleting posts by angry customers.

In a KVUE article today they said that:

- all the tickets have been sent (customers are telling us otherwise)
    - they're only a week late (********. they're a month late according to COTA's own website), and
    - the only remaining problems are with customers who moved or changed addresses. That prompted a flood of responses on our page from people saying they're using the same addresses as last year and haven't heard a thing about the tickets.

9 days out from FP1. This is crazy.

11. mandingo

mandingo 2,500+ Posts

In this story, just as we're seeing elsewhere, COTA's story about the ticket delays seems to contradict customer accounts of emails they've received.

In some customer emails, COTA says they've "mailed our last batch of tickets this past Monday, Nov. 4th". In others as late as today, they're saying that tickets "will be mailed out shortly via USPS".

So far COTA has blamed address updates, a printing problem, Ticketmaster, and FOM. Who's next?

https://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/some-f1-fans-are-still-waiting-for-tickets&ct=ga&cd=MTQ5OTE5OTg1NjI0NzA5NzUxOQ&cad=CAEYAQ&usg=AFQjCNE1CZEcrxJyNLz-B3U74aBZk92TUg

12. mandingo

mandingo 2,500+ Posts

Following V8 Supercars' & the SCCA's lead, Pirelli World Challenge drops COTA from their 2014 calendar:

The Link

13. mandingo

mandingo 2,500+ Posts

So, apparently some folks got this email today:

14. mandingo

mandingo 2,500+ Posts

Cars & gear are now showing up at the track & people don't have their tickets.

Awesome.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

They really are set on putting on a clinic on how to screw up a gold mine.

16. mandingo

mandingo 2,500+ Posts

Jalopnik: What The Hell Is Going On With Tickets For The US Grand Prix?
    The Link

Statesman: MIA F1 tickets have some fans angry
    The Link

Autoweek: Ticket distribution for Formula One's Austin race has turned into a fiasco for COTA
    The Link

17. mandingo

mandingo 2,500+ Posts

Didn't they say yesterday that the last of the tickets had been shipped?

18. mandingo

mandingo 2,500+ Posts

Y'all need to check out the COTA Facebook page. They are just getting hammered mercilessly.

The Link

It doesn't matter what kinda happy **** they post, people just throw it in their face & hammer away on the tickets, the Fedex Tracking charges for USPS service, etc. Same on our page. We've been posting a lot about the tickets, sure, but also other stuff about the race. No matter what we post, people are hammering away. One guys's telling people to do chargebacks on their credit cards over the Fedex/USPS thing. Vance found their Austin BBB rating. "F". Another guy posted this:

[​IMG]

...and Holy **** if the latest rumor is true, well...

[​IMG]

19. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

We got our tickets on Wednesday. They are the Ticketmaster tickets - which is ok. However, we paid for FedEx delivery, and they came in the mail.

Still waiting on the parking tickets.

20. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Parking pass finally came. Now what will happen Saturday when it rains?

21. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Ask scary questions, get scary answers.

22. mandingo

mandingo 2,500+ Posts

23. mandingo

mandingo 2,500+ Posts

Vance & I are teaming Facebook/FoF1ATX with the crew from Formula1Blog.com for a Tweetup this Saturday night at 830PM in the bar at the Hyatt Lost Pines. Come join us! F1B will be giving away a beautiful Lapizta watch, but you have to be there to win. We'll be joined at the Tweetup by F1B's Todd (@negativecamber_), Paul (@paulf1b), & Mark McArdle (@charlie_whiting aka- Fake Charlie Whiting). Hopefully some of y'all can make it out there too...
    The Link

24. mandingo

mandingo 2,500+ Posts

BTW, here are a few phone pics from yesterday morning out at COTA when the cold front was blowing in. Teams arriving, etc...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. mandingo

mandingo 2,500+ Posts

Some more shots from yesterday in the paddock & along the pits:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. mandingo

mandingo 2,500+ Posts

I took my boys to the Hamilton signing before going downtown to the FOTA Fan Forum. Pics:

The Link
    The Link

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

27. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

loop, are they going to have more than one shuttle bus going around the track this year?

28. BurntOrangeOnly

BurntOrangeOnly 500+ Posts

I have to ask - does the track look as good in person as it does on TV? It looks amazing on the screen.

And thanks for all the pics!

29. texas_ex2000

texas_ex2000 2,500+ Posts

Hamilton is my favorite driver. He has that Colt McCoy-type small town sincere charm. My dad was a Benz man also. He let me learn to drive on our 1972 280 SEL. Beautiful car.

I also like Vettel...I think the hate is a undeserved. We'll see how much of his success is the Red Bull car when they have to basically start from scratch on a next generation model next year.

As a lover of art and history...you gotta love Scuderria Ferrari also.

If I could be any driver though, I'd be Adrian Sutil. If you wondering why, you obviously haven't watched the coverage of his return this season.

30. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Sorry for delay. Am out of town and on phone to type. Yes. Two different routes with more buses. Waiting feedback of how it went.