Could Andy Pettitte lie?

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by jackden, Feb 14, 2008.

1. jackden

jackden 100+ Posts

Andy Pettitte looks like a credible and honest person. If Clemens ever gets into jail, that will be because of his good friend - Andy's testimony against him. Most people cannot figure out why he wanted to do that to Roger. He could conveniently say "I cannot recall" because it actually was something happened almost 10 years ago. If he had said that, people would understand.
    Is there any reason for Andy to lie about Roger? He seemed to pander to McNamee. Remember in the Mitchell report McNamee said he injected HGH into Pettitte body at least twice in 2002. The words "at least
    " say a lot. After the report was released, Andy immediately admitted he did get injected HGH by McNamee twice, but only two times in 2002. If there were something much more two-injections between him and McNamee, would Andy be motivated to pander to McNamee to keep his mouth shut?

Only possible way for Roger to stay out of jail is to go after Andy motives and credibility. I guess there is no love left between these two men now. Your reputations get damaged is one thing; being put into jail is much worse.

2. rtchorn

rtchorn 250+ Posts

Who is Clements?

3. LonghornMM

LonghornMM 100+ Posts

Um, no, if "Clements" goes to jail it's because of his own stupidity of lieing to the feds. Andy did the right thing and told the truth. This is all on Roger.

4. vy2005

vy2005 250+ Posts

Dude he testified under oath. I guess technically he could still lie but what kind of idiot would want to put himself up for perjury charges for lying under oath and also Andy is pretty religious as well so he would be lying to his God as well. It's obvious Roger is guilty and this isn't anything more than Pete Rose lying for years or Marion Jones doing the same.

5. madscientist

madscientist 1,000+ Posts

6. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

First, it has already been proven that Andy Pettite lied regarding his own usage. His initial statement of using HGH only 2 times was expanded.

Now, did he lie about Roger? If so, then his wife lied to, unless you want to claim Pettite was lying to her when he talked with her about his HGH usage conversation with Roger.

Of course, nobody questioned Roger C. yesterday when he said that upon learning that Pettite and Clemens were fingered in the Grimsley investigation (2006) that Andy walked into the room "white as a ghost" and asked Roger "what are you going to tell them" inferring the media.

To believe Roger, he didn't know Andy was using at this time. [​IMG]

7. Ramathorn

Ramathorn 1,000+ Posts

We already know Petite and McNamee are capable of lying.

8. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Pettitte had motive to lie about taking HGH, to save his butt. He has no motive to lie about his buddy, Roger. I didn't want to believe it either but the man is lying, IMO. Not to mention the wife taking HGH, and Roger was cluless about that too? I also find it ironic that those who called Canseco a fraud, are now claiming Roger is telling the truth because Canseco says so.

9. anotherwebexpert

anotherwebexpert 100+ Posts

No less moral than throwing your spouse under the bus in an attempt to protect your precious freaking image.

10. EuroHorn

EuroHorn 2,500+ Posts

Why does congress get involved in this ********. The Clemens deal was rediculous and now next is investigating the whole Spygate deal. Don't they have more important issues to deal with?

11. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden 500+ Posts

12. Nuclear Bear

Nuclear Bear 1,000+ Posts

I had no idea Clemens and Petite were both from Houston.

I always thought Petite was from somewhere up north.

13. Napoleon

Napoleon 2,500+ Posts

Pettite probably lied at the start, but I'm thinking that he has been coming clean now that this has blown up. But a real question...
    Does anyone honestly think that Clemens isn't a "user"?

(I'm not asking about Pettite or McNamee or anyone else.)

14. BA93

BA93 1,000+ Posts