Countdown to Joyner's return (back on the official roster) -- Kind of like a countdown to Christmas

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by Moooooo, Dec 4, 2017.

1. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

In the Northwestern St. postgame press conference, Coach Aston made a reference to the players having “one foot out the door” before going home for the holidays. I assumed that meant the players would be given a few days to go home and probably return the day after Christmas.

2. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I guess I am assuming that she has been in living at home in Dallas, and attending local community college.

If she were living in Austin, that would mean her family is paying her room and board while she attends ACC. While that's possible, doesn't seem likely to me.

To remain eligible (as a college sophomore), she has to have been taking college classes this Fall semester which will transfer to Texas. Based on her time with USA basketball this summer, I'm assuming she wasn't taking classes both sessions, but only one at the most.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Anything is possible. I guess this is new territory having two conference games prior to the end of the year.

But, hard for me to believe that with the OU game on the 28th in Norman, that the players would be released for the holidays immediately after the FSU game on the 17th, and not return until the 26th (9 days off). I guess because "December 23rd" has been stated so many times as to when "Joyner will rejoin the team", I interpreted that to mean the first day she would be eligible to practice with the team; so, the team still has to be in town for that assumption to be correct. Would seem weird for her to practice one day on the 23rd, and then have a lull and not practice gain until the 26th, followed by the bus trip (I assume it's a road trip) to Norman on the 27th.

Seems like they could have easily said she would join the team after the Christmas holiday.

Regardless, we'll find out soon!

• Like Like x 1
  4. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

I believe there are two practices immediately after FSU and two practices before OU. If accurate, Joyner will only have two practices with the team prior to OU.

• Like Like x 2
  5. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

I believe they are off from 12/20 to 12/26 when they hold their first practice after Xmas to prepare for OU on the 28. I expect they will spend those two days after the FSU game also preparing for OU so that prep won't all be done in a day and half.

I don't expect Joyner to show up until the 26 practice.

6. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Not surprised, but skilledup on the Baylor board continuing to gossip about Joyner; we all know he visits (lurks) on our board, but knows better than to post here since we don't buy what he sells. Really sad to see a grown-*** man trying to constantly be negative about a 19-20 year girl simply because she plays for Texas, and Baylor fans fear her as a basketball player.

https://sicem365.com/forums/4/topics/21439

• Like Like x 1
  7. LutherIsMyDog

Those Baylor fans are so self righteous. They have no room to gossip about Joyner with what transpired with Art Briles and their men's athletic department. It's disgusting what acts were covered up by their AD and their coaches. I have no room in my life for hypocrites and folks with a "holier than thou" attitude.

• Like Like x 5
  8. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

It doesn’t really matter anyway. I know that I did some dumb things and made big mistakes when I was 19 years old. I’m sure she has learned and will grow from it.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Exactly. That's why there is a protocol for whatever violation was committed; she's not the first, and she won't be the last.

It's not like she murdered a teammate like at Baylor under Dave Bliss . . . :soapbox:

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
  10. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Yes, and let's not forget all the shady stuff that was done related to the murder of BU basketball player Patrick Dennehy.

• Like Like x 1
  11. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

The number of threads specifically about Texas WBB on the Baylor disscusion board says something, not sure what.

Can’t wait to see Joyner back on the court.

• Like Like x 2
  12. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

And ugly comments about Boothe as well. Can’t imagine how any parent could send their daughter to that den of hypocrisy and misogyny. Some of the most unkind fans I have ever met.

• Like Like x 2
  13. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

So tempted to post something on their board about hypocrisy and then decided that it's their board and 5 minutes of feeling good doesn't do much good. Let them be holier than thou hypocrites. They have always been that way and they will always be that way regardless of what counter-post we put up on their board. Bye Felicia.

• Like Like x 7
  14. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

so, flash34, we are now down to five toes. :smile1:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I listened to the post-game presser, and I think one reporter asked Coach A when Joyner would return to the team, and said the day after Christmas.

She mentioned the team would remain in town on 12/18 and 12/19, then be released for the holidays until they return for practice on 12/26.

• Like Like x 1
  16. LutherIsMyDog

Can you spot Joyner? Great to see her smiling face again.

• Like Like x 9
  17. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Of all the holiday cards I’ve seen this year, this one warms my heart the most. :hookem::arrow-up:

• Like Like x 5
  18. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Great news that Joyner was at Monday night's holiday party. That likely means she has moved her stuff back to Austin to get settled. Probably go on break like the rest of the team, and then be back to practice with the team on 12/26.

• Like Like x 4
  19. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Can any of our obsessive detectives tell me where the party was at? Just curious.

20. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Can't remember where I saw it, but it was at Moonshine Bar and Grill, I think?? On Red River St.

• Like Like x 2
  21. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 14
  22. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

23. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Anyone see Joyner in this pic? I think I do, but not sure.

24. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

95% she’s next to Jordan in the white tee.

• Like Like x 3
  25. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

100% that's her.

• Like Like x 1
  26. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Good to come out and face the media and get that out of the way.

• Like Like x 5
  27. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Now, let's leave it in the past and move on. Hope the media will respect that (doubtful though).

• Like Like x 2
  28. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Listened to the pre-game on 105.3 prior to the OU game. Coach Washington told Craig Way that he is very pleasantly surprised about how in shape Joyner Holmes is currently.

• Like Like x 3
  29. Scamp

Scamp 100+ Posts

• Like Like x 1