Cowboys' Kellen Moore Out

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by LonghornCatholic, Jan 30, 2023.

1. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

It's been about 27 years since the Cowboys were in the Superbowl under Switzer, but that was Jimmy's team for the most part. Jones is the prototype meddling owner and believes he is a pro football guru and we've seen over the last 27 seasons how productive his meddling and interference with the coaches has been. He's 80 now and still has time to continue to screw up the Cowboy's seasons. He does have the 3 SB wins from the 90s so he's in the HOF. His 27 years of failures to make it back to a SB should be noted in the HOF as well.

2. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I would submit that the three Super Bowl victories are an excuse to put Jones in the HOF, while making the other owners exceedingly wealthier than they ever would have been without Jones. Whether they like him or not, all the other owners are forced to recognize what Jones has done for their bank accounts.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

^Sabre, you hit the nail squarely on the head. As a businessman, Jerry is excellent. As a football GM, Jerry is an excellent businessman. My cat would be a better GM than Jerry - and my cat is a baseball fan.

• Funny Funny x 1