Cowboys pick Dez/ It's starting wrong

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by ptownhorn, May 1, 2010.

1. ptownhorn

ptownhorn 1,000+ Posts

As a Cowboy fan I am pretty bummed out about the way this is all going. The media crap about being asked if his mom was a prostitute by Miami and then he is almost puking in his first workout. Not a good start.

2. ptownhorn

ptownhorn 1,000+ Posts

and one other thing. their second round pick. linebacker from Penn st. looks completely rhoided out. look at the shape of his face and his eyes

3. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Dez will be fine and I think he is handling the ***** questions well.
    I have my doubt about our #2; hopefully he will prove me wrong.

4. Texas Jack

Texas Jack 1,000+ Posts

Its the Cowboys.

No matter what the Cowboys do, right or wrong, the media intensity will be the highest on them.

5. omnipresent

omnipresent 1,000+ Posts

Kids an attention monger - should fit right in.. an ex pylon aggie TE told me Dez was asked if mom was a prostitute after disclosing his dad was "a pimp like that".. taken out of context and blown out of proportion

6. Texdoc

Texdoc 500+ Posts

Dez will be OK. The coaches will get him into shape before August. The media blows up everything Cowboys. If Dez was Pierre Paul the sky would be falling on national headlines, but since he's with the Giants, not so much.

The Link

HOOK 'EM,
    Texdoc [​IMG]

7. ptownhorn

ptownhorn 1,000+ Posts

i just don't want another T.O. type drama ordeal. stay out of the press except for what you do on the field.

8. WhHorn

WhHorn 250+ Posts

9. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

The sky is falling! The sky is falling! No wait, that's probably just the practice facility.

10. ptownhorn

ptownhorn 1,000+ Posts

And now he is hurt. jeez
    The Link

twisted his ankle

11. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

Good grief. It's a mini camp and he tweaks an ankle. Just let this rest until he actually does something media worthy one way or another. Maybe it's because it's the off season, but I've never seen so many articles about a kid drafted late in the first round. Kid seems pretty humble and just wants to get to work. He may have character issues, but he hasn't shown them yet. That could be said of most of humanity.

12. Third Coast

13. jumanji

jumanji 25+ Posts

ptownhorn...relax....

14. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

After drafting Bennett you had to pretty much know that the Cowboys weren't drafting character guys. That franchise is not going to be getting better in the long run by drafting guys like this. At least not with their top picks.

I look at who the Seahawks and the Lions drafted and see a drastic difference.

15. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

16. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

In reply to:

17. Third Coast

I don't know a lot about such things, but I would venture to guess that going up against DBs with no NFL experience is typically the case in a rookie camp. But then, I could be wrong.

18. ptownhorn

ptownhorn 1,000+ Posts

And the htis just keep coming in...

mom was arrested as recently as 2009. does it have anything to do with Bryant? No, but I just don't like seeing all this negative pub in the media. its almost like the media is trying to set him up for failure.
    The Link

19. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

I wouldn't worry about him. If he doesn't make it as an NFL receiver, he can always join the family business.

20. launceston

launceston 250+ Posts

I remember when the Horns signed R. Timmons, WR, a few years back. Kid had a hardscrabble upbringing, with the odds stacked almost completely against him. I don't think Bryant has had that bad of a background, but sometimes a talent shines so brightly a team is willing to overlook these pockmarks and warning signs.

21. ptownhorn

ptownhorn 1,000+ Posts

The Link

Check out his new ride.. here we go............