Cowboys to sign Garrett Gilbert

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by gahornphan, Oct 13, 2020.

1. gahornphan

gahornphan 500+ Posts

• Like Like x 9
  2. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

And not bad for the Cowboys

3. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

4. lkainer

lkainer 500+ Posts

I cant help but wonder how things would have gone if Mack had stuck with the spread offense at Texas.Look forward to watching Gilbert. Hope he gets some reps.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

This. Mack might be killing it at UNC but he screwed up royally after 2009.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Mack threw Gilbert under the bus. We had a chance to come back, WR runs the wrong route on a timing pattern, INT, and everyone blames Gilbert.

Then there is the problem that Gilbert's playing experience at Texas consisted of taking a knee.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Gotta wish the best for Garrett Gilbert. Just because it didn't work out here and a vocal minority of Texas fans never stopped ripping him is no reason for the rest of us to carry hard feelings.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

He has a Super Bowl ring. Only UT quarterback with one.

• Hot Hot x 1
  9. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

I wish he won a Heisman and not that douche Mayfield.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

One pick bounced off Monroe's chest. One pick bounced off Goodwin's hands. Williams dropped a touchdown pass. We had no running game. Shipley was the only Texas player to catch a pass more than 5 yards past the LOS.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Yeah, he was beating 'Bama up until Colt went down and still had a chance to win until late in the game. Even though we had every chance to win that game, he decided to ditch the system that had won a NC and go to 'Bama's power running game. Problem was that we didn't have the personnel for it.

Mack's strength is his ability to recruit and get along with student athletes and fans, not his Xs and Os.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

My memory fails often but I remember Mack was money on getting a score when he got the ball first in second half. As I said, I could be wrong but I’m thinking he had a high percentage on that. So someone had a good feel about X’s and O’s.
    I haven’t seen anything close to that proficiency now.

13. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

We did seem to get better as games went on under Mack. We had a lot more comebacks than we had blown leads.