Cowboys vs. Bucs & The Goat

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by WorsterMan, Jan 16, 2023.

1. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Cowboys up 24-0 after FG kicker Maher misses record 4th PAT!!! :yikes:

10 min left in 3rd.

Brady has time but Dallas D is smothering tonight!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. WorsterMan

Looking forward to free lunch a friend bet me if Cowboys won!

• Like Like x 3
  3. WorsterMan

Bucs manage TD - 6 but miss on 2 pt. try.

24-6

About to go to 4th....

Last edited: Jan 16, 2023
  4. WorsterMan

Where are my fellow Dallas fans!?

• Like Like x 3
  5. WorsterMan

Lamb TD baby!

Cowboys 31
    Tampa Bay 6

Yeah baby!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

The missed pats aside the Boys have controlled the game.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. WorsterMan

6721 is here!!!

8. WorsterMan

Dallas MLB -#55 Vander Esch has been out with an injury for a few games. Back tonight and big difference for the the D.

Pressure on Brady all night. Micah Parsons has been a beast tonight.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

I told my co-workers Dallas would win by two tds

• Like Like x 2
  10. WorsterMan

Bucs rally to try and make it exciting.

2 min. left Bucs ball:

Down 31 -14

11. WorsterMan

Point Of Order: I have predicted to him and others Cowboys would win this week. He just stepped out and bet me if Cowboys win I will buy your lunch!

So, he has to take me to Perry's Steakhouse in Frisco for lunch!

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2023
  12. WorsterMan

Final:

Dak & Pokes 31
    Goat & Bucs 14

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. txhorn_et

txhorn_et 1,000+ Posts

I’m thinking the Texans could’ve beaten Tampa Bay last night.
    San Fran will be a much tougher test.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

The Falcons should have cleaned up their road woes and fixed a couple of their 1-score games to come out of that terrible division. Tampa was plain bad outside of their first two games against Dallas and New Orleans.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Didn't know there were any. You know, Jerrah and all that.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. utahorn

utahorn 500+ Posts

Sorry Worster, I was teaching last night but watched later on the DVR. Threatened to fail any student who rooted for the Bucs. (Joking) Most were for Dallas.

• Like Like x 1
  17. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

I was a Cowboys fan way before the Jones and was not happy from Day 1 of his ownership. I saw they Cowboys play when they were in the Cotton Bowl. They were MY team way before they were Jerry’s and that won’t change. I’m the anti fair weather or bandwagon Cowboys fan.

• Like Like x 1
  18. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Not a huge NFL fans but do hope the Cowboys win, even though I don’t watch them regularly. I tuned in last night when score was 12-0. They made the GOAT look like an old goat.

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2023
  19. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

True. Tampa was awful last night. Brock Purdy has SF firing on all cylinders - they will be very difficult to beat on their home field next week.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. utahorn

utahorn 500+ Posts

HV, I'm with you. I've seen the Cowboys at the Cotton Bowl, Texas Stadium and AT&T. When the Cowboys played the Colts in SB V, everyone in my class was a Cowboys fan. On Monday, only one, me. I learned a lesson about loyalty that day.

• Like Like x 2
  21. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

I get you, but..in truth...it isnt Purdy.
    It is Kyle...

22. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

How Bout Them Cowboys!!

It's been 30 years since Dallas' last road playoff win when Dallas derailed the San Fran "dynasty" on their way to Jimmy Johnsons first Super Bowl trophy. That road win was the day he coined the phrase.

• Like Like x 4
  23. utahorn

utahorn 500+ Posts

I was in Riyad when the "catch" happened. Never saw it. Always and still a Cowboys fan - Jerry notwithstanding, and ALWAYS a Longhorn fan.

Beat the 49'ers.

• Like Like x 4
  24. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Yes Jerry is an arrogant turd who makes stupid decisions
    But for me that is sorta separate from the team. There are many good people on the team who give a lot back to the community and who play hard representing the name well. Yes they make a chitload of money but from what I see they work hard and play as a team.
    It is the team I support.
    Go Cowboys

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Interesting, I was in Bahrain/Abu Dhabi then.

26. utahorn

utahorn 500+ Posts

The people of Saudi Arabia do not like the Flintstones but the people of Abu Dhabi do. Could not resist.

• Funny Funny x 5
  27. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I became a Cowboys fan when I moved to Dallas in 1982. I was ok with Johnson replacing Landry because the sports talk shows were blaring the fans demanding a change because, "the game has passed the old man by." When the team went on it's Super Bowl runs, I thought Johnson was the greatest coach/GM and Jones was the greatest owner. The only personnel decision that we heard back then was Jones paying Herschel Walker a $1 million bonus to accept the trade to the Vikings. That was a heist. But then word got out that a change was coming. I was in Houston listening to ESPN radio and pulled over as the press conference aired. I could not believe that Jones' ego was larger than Johnson's opportunity to do what has never been done: win three straight Super Bowls. As Jerry said, "there's 500 coaches who could win with this team." Well, the media said they hired number 501 when Switzer came on board. We were all shocked. I believe he was retired at the time and had the rep of being a wishbone coach. Yet, the team remained competitive and won that third Super Bowl in four years. They were that good. They could have coached themselves.

But then came the dark ages. And we're still in them. Yes, we have a good, entertaining team, but we beat a flawed Tampa Bay, quarterbacked by the emperor who appears to have had no clothes. The real deal is coming this Sunday.

As for Jerry, I despise the man. His egomania is pathological and I blame him for the past 26 years since the last Super Bowl. If they win, I'll be ok with that. I haven't been able to emotionally hook up with another team so I watch the Cowboys (and the Longhorns; that's it other than the playoffs). If they lose, I might be slightly happier because we won't have to listen to Jerry act like he did it.

Jimmy did it long ago Jerry. Everybody knows it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  28. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

by
    that kinds of sums up my view
    But I see the player's personalities since there is coverage ALL over DFW
    Taking just Dak ( but by no means limited to him). Dak and so many others are just nice people who are proud to be part of a storied franchise, Jerry not withstanding.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  29. WorsterMan

My kind Grandfather took me to my first Cowboys game in the Cotton Bowl fall 1966. Don't remember team they played or score. Just remember him smoking cigar after cigar!

Great memories!!!

• Like Like x 3
  30. WorsterMan

For Christmas I asked for:

Jimmy Johnson book: SWAGGER.

Got it and read in 2 days... suggested reading.

Spoiler alert, breakup of Jerrah and Jimmy: "I JUST WANT TO HAVE SOME OF THAT FUN"

• Like Like x 1