Cowboys vs. Bucs & The Goat

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by WorsterMan, Jan 16, 2023.

1. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Mine was the Fall of ‘68 vs Giants led by Fran Tarkington (which is odd because I always think of him as a Viking)
    Don Meredith, Bob Hayes, Don Perkins, Lance Rentzel, Pettis Norman, Jethro Pugh, Bob Lilley (the pride of Throckmorton TX) Chuck Howley, Lee Roy Jordan, Cornell Green, Mel Renfro to name a few of the Cowboys stars
    We sat really high up and it was a cold wind up there

• Like Like x 1
  2. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Were they still selling 5 kids on free with each adult ticket then?

• Hot Hot x 1
  3. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Don't recall. I think he had a real ticket for me. We had good seats around the 40 -50 yd. line. He was a Sr. Exec. at a big co. in Dallas - one that entertained clients to Cowboys game.

I was a very impressed kid and thrilled to be his guest! He treated me to 4-5 games in the late 60's.

As I stated, great memories....

Last edited: Jan 17, 2023
  4. WorsterMan

Clearly, I remember all of those early Cowboys warriors!

Ahh, the good old daze!!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

When Jerry hired Barry, I threw away all my Cowboys tee-shirts and caps. To this day I have ZERO Cowboys gear.
    Yes, Barry was the coach when they won a Super Bowl. But my cat could have coached that team to the Super Bowl - and my cat was a baseball fan, not football.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. WorsterMan

HHD - Switzer hire was a JOKE & INSULT to most Cowboy fans.

Read Jimmy's book.

Jerrah & Jimmah knew they F up Landry's "departure" thereby pissing off 90% of the fanbase. Jerry flew to a golf course to tell Landry he was fired.... what a flaming AH.

Jerrah and his bigger than LA ego REALLY didn't care. He was now the owner of The Dallas Cowboys. :puke:

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2023
  7. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Now that I think about I think the 1 plus 5 stopped when the Texans slinked off to KC.

8. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I hear you. I point the finger at Jerry while enjoying the players efforts.

• Agree Agree x 1