Cowboys Vs Texans

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by easy, Oct 7, 2018.

1. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

dont really care who wins root for both teams just thought this was pretty damn cool and needed a place to put it

2. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

GO COWBOYS!!! :beertoast:

3. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Holy crap that throw by Dak while running to his left, after dodging multiple sacks, and about to run out of bounds.

4. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

I love JJ but the announcers should at least mention the name of the dude who actually tackled Dak. And the scorers changing to give Watt the whole sack and not even credit the other guy is even more ludicrous.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Dallas picks up 2 first downs and punts, and OT is already half over. This new 10 min limit is dumb.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. LonghornDave

LonghornDave 1,000+ Posts

Great game and Texans win. Largest crowd ever for Texans at NRG.

7. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

Fun game to watch.

Not a fan of punting on 4th in their territory.

Texans could be dangerous if they had a better oline.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

I root for Cowboys, but doesn't kill me if they lose. However, staying up til 11:00 to watch Garretts weak sauce in overtime killed it for me.
    Prior week after game in response to question about 4th down conversions said basically you've got to rely on your guys to go get it in those situations. This week he defends his very different decision by saying you've got to rely on your defense there...we thought we could pin them back and rely on our D who we have alot of confidence in.
    Wrong answer. If you've got that much faith in your D all the more reason to keep the ball in your hands and go for it from that spot on the field with a chance to win a very important football game.
    Only thing good about it was it took the focus off of the absurdity of his Tavon Austin obvious non catch challenge.

9. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

There was a football game last night? Who knew?!?!?

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

I would have to believe that Jerrah speaking up and basically criticizing the decision to punt while adding that he 'wasn't second-guessing' sends a signal that someone will be wearing the 'interim' title very soon...

11. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

Ah that explains the uptick in ties. Hadnt realized it was only 10 minutes now.

12. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Garrett is officially a dead man walking now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Yeah, I would have gone for it there, but the Texans had to start at their own 10 and the D that had played well all game promptly gave up a 50 yard play with about 6 missed tackles.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  14. RainH2burntO

From "The Star"....

"...In addition, the Cowboys are 18 for 19 on fourth down and 1 (or less) scenarios during the Dak Prescott/Ezekiel Elliott era, making the risk even that much more enticing. Basically the Cowboys passed up a chance to nearly ice the game and rather played not to lose.

Jason Garrett, who preaches "fight" in every speech he makes, decided not to fight in the most critical moments of the game. Instead the Cowboys punted to keep the game at coin-flip odds, although with the way their defense had "bent" all day, it certainly felt worse than 50/50 for the Cowboys."

15. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

But it's a self-fulfilling prophecy. If he only goes for it when he feels confident, then we should also trust when he doesn't go for it.

16. RainH2burntO

You raise a good point...I realized it too when I posted, but chose to ignore it.
    ...I suppose it is because, as a fan who is clearly smarter than him, I can only trust him when he is doing what I believe he should!
    ;)

17. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

Maybe he's so risk averse all his stats on this are good. I disagree with the call. That line, with that running back, in that situation... You go for it

18. SAMMCHornfan

SAMMCHornfan 250+ Posts

I feel it should have been a rather simple call. 4th and one in your territory, punt, their territory, go for it. You have ZEKE for Christ sake! I too was shocked when I saw there was only 5 minutes left. If they get the first down right there, they could have probably used up most of the rest of it getting a couple of more first downs. Oh freakin well!!! Luckily for now every other team in the NFC other than the Rams and New Orleans are pretty much sucking right now. So, I am saying there is still a chance for the Cowboys.

• Like Like x 1