Crow Alert: 5-7

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Dionysus, Jul 1, 2016.

1. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Crow Nazi says: Hornfans, no crow for you !!!

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  2. BevoQ

BevoQ 250+ Posts

As long as we still run the table....

3. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

At 2-2, looking at the schedule ahead with a basket half-empty of crow:

ou
    Iowa State
    @ Kansas State
    Bailer
    @ Tech
    West Virginia
    @ Kansas
    TCU

8 games left to handicap.

Maybe my view will change after the ou game if the Horns win and discover they really HAVE a defense, but today I see at LEAST 4 losses from these 6 games: ou, K State, Bailer, Tech, W Virginia, TCU.

If so, the Horns finish with a disgusting 6-6 record and Charlie will be gone.

4. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

I think Strong has had a more than fair shake. Strong and Bedford should be charged admission to this game because they made no effective adjustments during the game. The admin should go to Gilbert and offer him the head coaching job effective at the end of the year. Then we should grovel at Mack's feet to take over the HC job on an interim basis and allow Mack to bring in Bradley or his choice of DC. Then Strong should be forced to stay on as an ethics consultant. Bedford needs to be shown the door ASAP.

5. uisge beatha

uisge beatha 1,000+ Posts

Please tell what has Gilbert shown to make you think he'd be a successful HC here?

6. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

Gilbert has improved the offense from horrible to decent in less than a year. This has been done with a below average, beat up o-line, and a freshman QB. We played poorly on offense today. Yet we scored 40 points and could have won with ANY defense at all in the second half. I should have made the promotion to HC contingent on continued improvement in the O. It wouldn't be fair to give him the HC job while he is continuing to unravel the mess on offense he inherited. My fear is that hiring Herman or other outsider would result in the replacement of a good OC, resulting in some good players transferring. If a team gets overhauled every year, like Texas has since Mack was fired, the players who can leave will.

7. msdw24

msdw24 1,000+ Posts

At 2-3 with the way we've been losing I'm think 4-8 is most likely but I wouldn't be surprised to see 3-9 either

8. militaryhorn

militaryhorn Prediction Contest Manager

Looks like BevoQ is safe. Gonna have to keep that crow in the freezer.

9. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

And so it ends.