Crystal ball time 2nd week

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by caryhorn, Sep 12, 2014.

1. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Well, last week was a tough one for the Horns.

I am so hoping this one will be better. Like win column better.

But I can't go with my heart this week.

Horns 17
    Bruins 23

2. Seattle4UT

Seattle4UT 1,000+ Posts

Texas - 17
    UCLA - 35

Horns play better in this game though.

[​IMG]

3. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

UCLA-28
    TEXAS-17

4. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

University of Texas -- 34
    University of California, Los Angeles -- 13

5. jmtamu

jmtamu 250+ Posts

I think your Defense will keep it close for a good while, but the offense is not good.

UCLA - 31
    Texas - 7

6. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Making up for our offensive line, UCLA's line is horrible at preventing sacks and we have a good pass rush. Also, UCLA has played two poor teams and could put neither a way. We are unlikely to get blown out. But I don't think we win either. Both teams have crappy kickers so I'm predicting all touchdowns.

UCLA 28
    Texas 21

7. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Our OL is worse than theirs... I hope my prediction is wrong but my head says:

UCLA 24
    UT 13

8. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

I expect a much better effort, yes. But not having the horses on the o-line simply won't produce enough results because the team is trying harder. If you can't run the ball and keep a defense from stopping you with a normal front while they keep safeties back, you can't expose them.

A decent offense would be able to find yards in the one-on-one runs up front, then take advantage of the safeties lending run support. BYU didn't have to forfeit either. They beat us head up on the line and didn't have to take the focus away from defending the pass with help. I can't see that changing much with the same offensive players as last week.

The defense will play respectably with fire and hang longer this time. But in the 4th it's simply too much to ask with bad field position. A 10-0 final quarter scoring run pulls them away late.

Texas 16
    UCLA 27

9. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

35-20 UCLA, but it might not feel that close.

10. BevoBeef

BevoBeef 250+ Posts

I have been listening to Strong prick the Horns' pride all week long per his strategy of motivating them. The UT defense will
    finish this game, while Watson and Wickline will find a way to stretch the Bruin defense a little bit more by taking chances
    with Swoopes and the new "dink and dunk" UT offense. Look for Swoopes to leave the standard pocket on more
    bootlegs, rollouts, etc. My heart says that Swoopes will start to settle into this offense more with a higher completion %.
    The X-factor are the turnovers.

Longhorns 17
    UCLA 14

11. Horn2Run

Horn2Run 1,000+ Posts

UCLAN's 38, Horns 3

12. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

I expect a close game. UCLA is not as potent as initially assessed. Texas still has problems on offense; if they can show some real progress tonight, they can stay in the game and have a chance to win. But I fear that they will fall a bit short in the end. Sure do hope I'm wrong, but here goes:

Texas 17
    UCLA 24.

HHD [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

24-13 Texas wins.

14. Santafe

Santafe 500+ Posts

After last week, do we even have enough offense to score thirteen points? I don't think so.