CU Game

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by Texas Taps, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Bigtex112

Bigtex112 500+ Posts

I had to mute the TV because these announcers are going to make me puke. The Big 12 Network is an f'n joke, just like our team is at this point in this game.

2. ut1969

ut1969 250+ Posts

Barnes never makes adjustments. We have missed wide open uncontested shots all year. A number 1 seed doesn't do that.

3. warrior

warrior 2,500+ Posts

The same crap happened last year down the stretch when they could not win? They are not playing as a team

4. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

We are not a #1 seed. This team has serious flaws. There is NO excuse to lose to Nebraska or Coliorado if you are a #1 seed.

5. warrior

warrior 2,500+ Posts

Hard to win when you play No defense like Texas has in the 2nd half.

6. Bigtex112

Bigtex112 500+ Posts

Couple that no defense with no offense and you have what we are watching.....a collapse. But, hey, we're used to it.

7. warrior

warrior 2,500+ Posts

CU by 6, they have wide open 3 point shots and they are hitting them, texas cannot get a decent shot off.

8. Win

Win 100+ Posts

They should just start heading back to Austin now.

9. Bigtex112

Bigtex112 500+ Posts

This team is dead. Jordan Hamilton can barely walk. The altitude effect has hit them. Game over boys. We will lose by at least 10.

10. warrior

warrior 2,500+ Posts

Texas getting blowing out after up by 22 what a meltdown for the Horns, they are down by 8.

11. ut1969

ut1969 250+ Posts

Is this the biggest choke in recent history?

12. Bigtex112

Bigtex112 500+ Posts

We are now reverting back to last season's 1-man-dribble, 4-men-standing offense.

13. SyracuseHorn

SyracuseHorn 500+ Posts

What happened to the TEAM? Yikes. This is really bad. I hope it's a 1-half slump and not a season ending collapse.

14. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

This team has no killer instinct and just stops playing with a lead far too often. That is what will keep them from being a great team.

15. warrior

warrior 2,500+ Posts

No championship for this team. KU has won 7 straight Big 12 championships for a reason, Texas has no one to blame but themselves, they peaked too darn early. Texas will have a hard time beating K. State or Baylor with this effort. Texas hitting 50 percent of their free throws [​IMG]

16. NEWDOC2002

NEWDOC2002 1,000+ Posts

2nd round exit easily if this continues.

17. warrior

warrior 2,500+ Posts

Texas outscored by 31, are you kidding me, this is not a top 25 team right now and they are in big trouble, if you remember 2010 we are there again.

18. OrangeRB

OrangeRB 500+ Posts

10 point lead. Texas has to be the worst 2nd half team, exempting the 2nd half at KU. Missed free throws, too much haphazard offense. Geesh!

19. Bigtex112

Bigtex112 500+ Posts

We are now on the 3 seed line and moving down. Everyone who made Hotel reservations in Tulsa, should cancel now.

20. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

3 seed after we lose to Baylor and Kansas again.

Guys just run down, jack up the first shot, and play crap defense. Gary Johnson can't hit a free throw to save his life when you really need to stop a run. Probably the most pathetic half of BBall I have seen since we had a cheerleader playing. [​IMG]

21. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

1 for 17 on last 23 possessions....

That's 4 percent shooting. (if I did the math right)

sorry... 6 percent

My be one of the biggest meltdowns I have seen since being back in Austin last 6 years.

22. warrior

warrior 2,500+ Posts

Basketball team looks like the football team right now, Not a clue

23. BigDummy

BigDummy < 25 Posts

This is hard to watch. No movement on offense or defense. I thought a lesson was learned at Nebraska.. guess not.

24. Bigtex112

Bigtex112 500+ Posts

Big 12 Championships don't seem to matter to any of our programs except Baseball and Swimming. Both Football and Basketball piss away their chances just about every season. It's just f'n sickening. Our two biggest programs are mentally challenged.

25. earl77

earl77 500+ Posts

Dave South was right. We peaked too early.

26. warrior

warrior 2,500+ Posts

Texas cannot even make a slam dunk, they cannot even hit 50 percent of their free throws, if Texas was playing a ranked team today they would be get slaughtered.

27. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

We should walk home after Johnson misses the dunk and then we give them the tip in.

28. warrior

warrior 2,500+ Posts

Texas has 2 field goals in 26 possessions, time to put a new qb in there. If I am in the Big 12 tournament I want to play Texas first.

29. ut1969

ut1969 250+ Posts

If we collapse the next couple of weeks, time for Barnes to be on the hot seat.

30. warrior

warrior 2,500+ Posts

No one for Texas wants to shoot the ball and when they do they cannot make it, Hamilton with a bad game.