CU Game

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by Texas Taps, Feb 23, 2011.

1. warrior

warrior 2,500+ Posts

Barnes job is safe, not so sure about their women's coach though.

2. warrior

warrior 2,500+ Posts

At least this game is almost over, minute left Texas down by 6, CU has the ball

3. warrior

warrior 2,500+ Posts

Texas A&M Corpus Christi could beat Texas today in the 2nd half, amazing how Poor they look.

4. UTAustin92

UTAustin92 250+ Posts

No composure on this team. Barnes look as clueless as much of last year.

5. warrior

warrior 2,500+ Posts

Texas 17 out of 31 from free throw line, not going to beat many teams with that shooting

6. warrior

warrior 2,500+ Posts

Texas will probably get to play Nebraska in the first round if they win their last 2 games?

7. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

Wow. just wow. If Johnson just makes the dunk and free throw, this game is a lot closer. Damn Gary you have sucked today.Seniors need to step up.

8. warrior

warrior 2,500+ Posts

Again Texas playing with better effort the last minute of the game but the other 19 minutes not so good. Texas down by 4, 87 to 83. Texas gave up 87 to Colo? Where is the so called top ranked defense?

9. TexasGolf

TexasGolf 2,500+ Posts

team looks gases like maddog has been working them.

we lose to kansas aggy and baylor with this effort

10. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Back to 2 point deficit.... I'll eat every post I've ever made if we win...

11. warrior

warrior 2,500+ Posts

With this effort Texas loses in 2nd round of tournament. CU by 4 with 14 seconds to go. CU did a better job of hitting their free throws, in a close game I dont like texas because of their free throw shooting

12. toucan82

toucan82 1,000+ Posts

13. warrior

warrior 2,500+ Posts

Game over, CU by 4 with 3 seconds and they go to free throw line. Going to be hard for Texas to beat Kansas State Monday night

14. warrior

warrior 2,500+ Posts

91 to 89 CU, fans storming the court, they just won the National Championship [​IMG]

15. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

Corey Joseph 0-3 on free throws.Johnson 7-15. There is the game. You expect Tompson to miss his, but these guys gotta be able to be able to make a friggin free throw.

2x in a week we get the court stormed on us because we can't make a dunk and a few free throws. Guys should get tired of losing and refuse to let this crap happen. No excuse.

16. georgecostanza

georgecostanza NBHorn7’s Protégé

This team is so damn bi-polar. I hate it.

17. biganakhanhda

biganakhanhda 500+ Posts

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Free throws will give us an exit in the dance. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

CU with 58 points in the 2nd half. Are you kidding me?

19. UTAustin92

UTAustin92 250+ Posts

Some of our guys need to look at themselves in the mirror including the head coach. This should never happened. This was your year to win the BigXII Rick but you are choking it away. No more #1 seed for the Tourny.

20. warrior

warrior 2,500+ Posts

Colorado normally is a great free throw shooting team, they missed alot also, hitting only 60 percent. If Texas can beat K. State and Baylor that will be amazing to me.

21. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG] Letting a Big XII title and 1 seed just get puked away in last two road games and these next two are not exactly gimmes. The Horns could go from first place all alone to a tie for second if aggy wins out if they arent careful (and yes I know Texas has tie brake but you get the frickin point). [​IMG]

22. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

There is no excuse. Either we're good or we're not. Rushing the court just tells us that we lost to mediocre teams and their fans know it; that's why they rush the court and party. The distressing part is that defense is what we supposedly hang our hat on...

23. TexasGolf

TexasGolf 2,500+ Posts

cu went nutz in the second half...they just could not miss

one of those days

24. 71grad

71grad 1,000+ Posts

Same collapse as last year. Time for some new blood on the coaching staff.

25. toucan82

toucan82 1,000+ Posts

missing free throws doesn't cause giving up 58 in a half

26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

This team is on playing its way from a No. 1 seed to a 4 or even 5 seed, and another quick exit.

27. Branyon

Branyon 500+ Posts

The free shooting, particularly by Johnson (0 for 7 at one stretch), is pitiful, but the cause of this loss was NO DEFENSE.

58 points in a half to a marginal team indicates an "I don't give a **** about this team" attitude. It's understandable that a team can have a cold shooting game, but there is no excuse for a team this talented to quit playing defense. I would be embarrassed to lose a game this way.

28. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

They could go from being a 1 seed that everybody wants to play, to being a 4, or 5 seed that nobody wants to play.

29. ut1969

ut1969 250+ Posts

If we lose the next two games, no need to even go to the tournament. Blowing a 22 point lead is an embarrassment on every level. There will need to be some changes.

30. Branyon

Branyon 500+ Posts

That 22 point lead went to an 11 point deficit during the second half. Most teams would be hard put to throw a game that badly.