CWS 2022

Discussion in 'Softball' started by mchammer, May 29, 2022.

1. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

It appears the teams are re-seeded for the CWS. What are the chances that the 3 B12 teams are in one bracket?

2. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

• Like Like x 1
  3. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

There are no softies in the WCWS - just the way it should be. Very proud of the Longhorns for winning two tough series on the road - hope they do well in OKC.

• Like Like x 3
  4. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

5. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Well it’s UCLA! They beat Duke pretty handily in two. 3-2 and 8-2. They have 2 elite pitchers, Megan Faraimo 22-4 and Holly Azevedo 20-2. We lost to them on February 19 in the Clearwater tournament 2-1 with Faraimo getting the win and Simpson getting the loss. Simpson pitched 5-1/3 innings with Czech pitching to 2 batters.
    Mike White was still experimenting with his line up at that time and simply put we have gotten better. We can beat this team!
    Isn’t it great to finally be in the elite 8 and the WCWS! :hookem3::hookem3::hookem3:

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: May 29, 2022
  6. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

The SEC had 12 teams qualify for the NCAA softball tournament field of 64. Only one remains, Florida. If Arizona State wins over Northwestern today the WCWS will be an all Pac-12/Big12 affair plus the winner of Florida/Virginia Tech. The SEC with all their bluster did not represent themselves very well.
    NCAA Tournament preview: Breaking down SEC’s 12 softball teams in regionals

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Our NCAA WCWS punched sign is going to OKC.

• Like Like x 5
  8. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Before the start of Supers, I analyzed Mike's coaching history to see how well he did in the tournament, especially with commentators saying, "White has always made the Supers each year with the Longhorns". What I found was that his WCWS years were those where his RPI was 6 or better. Below 6, his runs ended at Supers or one single Regional.

But not this year! That's why there are exceptions to the rules.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited: May 29, 2022
  9. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

It’s an exceptionally gutsy team. I think that partially explains the exception.

• Like Like x 2
  10. NBhornfan

NBhornfan 250+ Posts

We get the early game Thursday.

Vs UCLA 11AM

• Like Like x 2
  11. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

I’m thinking about going to watch Texas at the WCWS. Has anyone ever been? What are the difficulties in parking? Plenty of Tickets are available on stub hub but can you buy them at the park? The okies are in session 1 with us so that session will probably be sold out? Do people hawk tickets at the entrance? Thanks for any info.

13. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

You might have more luck offering to pay in cigarette cartons than $. Or tires.

• Like Like x 1
  14. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

15. UTexRulz23

UTexRulz23 500+ Posts

I’m curious as well. I don’t live far from OKC (still several hours).

Never been but it’s summer and I’m a HS teacher so I have time. Would be traveling with two young daughters.

Would love any travel recs.

16. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

I just saw this. I really don’t want to try and watch them in the rain. Could change though. 0CC57E88-7C03-4B36-AF6C-9D83D74A88CD.jpeg

17. STHAustin

STHAustin 250+ Posts

It's great to see a thread called "CWS 2022"!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I remember when Mike White's Oregon team came to the Austin Regional ten years ago and upset us 2-1 after we won the first game; think we were the #6 and they were the #11 seed. That was his first trip to the WCWS, IIRC. Feels like we've come full circle now.

• Like Like x 2
  19. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

Any report as to whether Dolicini is hurt or not?

20. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

Who calls the game for our pitchers during game? After watching Ark series a few times I thought whoever did did an amazing job of keeping ball inside the park. With that being their strength they hit not one long ball. Of course Pitchers did an outstanding job of executing as well.

21. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Old65?
    Why a WTF on that great compliation vid?

22. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

If I left one it was a total mistake. I make them a lot. Please disregard and accept my apology.
    It was not intentional and i cannot find it on this little phone screen.

23. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

Found it and fixed it. Tks

24. hookem4eva

hookem4eva 25+ Posts

I’m so excited for these girls. I have an inside source that told me some of the girls weren’t getting along in the beginning of the season and things were happening which explains all the errors and no team chemistry. It’s amazing what happens when team chemistry is at an all time high.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  25. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

I love this team!

• Like Like x 1
  26. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Dolcini is so impressive. This girl understands what life is all about!

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  27. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

You’ve gotta love this girl!

• Like Like x 3
  28. UTexRulz23

UTexRulz23 500+ Posts

I am getting EXCITED about this tournament. I watched the promo video the Texas Softball account posted and it’s got me hyped.

I’m hoping Dolcini is ready to go and can shut down UCLA!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  29. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

I was going to suggest Simpson to get the start but, I remembered they gave the athletes a day off if we win so hopefully Dolcini is ready and if we come out with the win she will be rested before Oklahoma. Simpson did pitch a great game against Ucla earlier in the season but an error cost us that game.

30. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

I will be pleased if we can avoid 2 and Q.

• Winner Winner x 1