CWS 2022

Discussion in 'Softball' started by mchammer, May 29, 2022.

1. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

No run rule in the championship series. This could get nasty!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

I blame Biden for the results so far, but that's just me....

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  3. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

The fact that Alo could’ve potentially been an Oregon duck and I’m just spit balling here, a longhorn is something I didn’t need to know.

Ohhhh what could’ve been:facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  4. WorsterMan

White better start focusing on Game # 2........

Last edited: Jun 8, 2022
  5. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Could get nasty?
    Complete breakdown of basic fundamentals.
    Yikes!

6. Chinstrap

Chinstrap 1,000+ Posts

Hit a few, walk a few and cut down on the home runs. Tomorrow is another day.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Wow, everyone started the game on defense so tight. Back-to-back poor decisions by Dolcini made me realize how tight with tunnel vision they are.

And of all times not to enforce the run rule. Ack.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. WorsterMan

Right over the plate... :facepalm:

Last edited: Jun 9, 2022
  9. WorsterMan

5th inning.... is the bullpen gonna run out of pitchers?

Gotta think ahead for game 2....

10. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

Makes as much sense as the price of gasoline.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  11. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

Goodnight y’all, I’ll see everyone back here for game 2:hookem: I blame this nonsense on Cat Osterman :brickwall: She threw off the routine but not showing up. We need everything and everyone back in place to get back on track

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  12. WorsterMan

Errrrbody..... shake this off. Regroup for game # 2 !!

TEXAS FIGHT !!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2022
  13. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

If I were Mike, I'd get them back to the hotel, showered off and then sit around in a ballroom with ice cream and just have a Kumbaya moment to say, "Hey, that's over and let's shake it off" and show that the coaching staff is relaxed for the next day.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. UTexRulz23

UTexRulz23 500+ Posts

Coaches do need a better game plan. There’s got to be one out there. Figure it out.

I’d like to see Popelka back in the lineup in RF for Cimusz. I think Katie is great but I think she’s just a bit out of it right now.

I’d like to see us challenge them more with small ball.

She’s been great her whole career, but Janae definitely needs to step up.

Will Trautwein start again tomorrow?

• Like Like x 1
  15. HoffHorn

HoffHorn 500+ Posts

Sorry to burst your bubble but we’re up against the 1927 Yankees! This OU team is akin to USC and Texas Football in 2005.

Truth!

Of course I’m cheering for Texas but You “can’t” throw to Babe Ruth in inning #1 with a girl on second base with an “open base” ……HUGE coaching error!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Hot Hot x 1
  16. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

O’Leary stepped in and did a respectable job!

• Like Like x 1
  17. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Can we just admit the gomers are a better team. They are stacked at every position. As mentioned, every one on our team would have to play a perfect game and throw in a little luck. All that failed us tonight.
    It's going to take, heart, talent and even more luck the next 2 games.
    But hey we're playing with house money. If this is as far as our talent could get us , so be it.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  18. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Agreed. She's always had a positive attitude on the mound and was a good soldier and just pitched until it could be mercifully called. Saved a needless use of Czech - although Day was spotted warming up.

• Like Like x 1
  19. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

I was thinking of this before we even got the the WCWS:
    1. OU softball is like UT volleyball to almost everyone they play
    2. OU softball is like Baylor (Mulkey years) basketball to almost everyone they play

It's just hurling yourself against machine and hoping for the best (keeping the ball inside the ballpark). They're just better and you have to hope you get lucky one game.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. longhorn47

longhorn47 500+ Posts

There are 286 D1 softball programs in the U.S. Only 2 are still playing. Hook 'em!

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  21. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I think we win game 2. Pressure is on OU to finish.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  22. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

I figured after the drama from Monday of taking down OSU twice on Monday, they would be flat. You can’t play this hard all the time. Texas is maxed out… I didn’t even bother watching it.
    OU is the best softball team ever. Without OU, Texas wins a championship
    I agree and think we will give them a much better game and maybe win the next one. Then it’ll be a one game for all the marbles….

23. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

I’d walk her every time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

I get the run rule part. These are supposed to be the last 2 best in the business. And at this point in season there are never/or rarely these type of blowouts. Just leaving every possibility of a comeback. But today is a new day. Hopefully game will start at 0-0 if you turn the volume all the way down during prelims. We Are Texas win or lose. Texas Fight!

• Like Like x 1
  25. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

Stats dont win championships. You must play the game, period. ou is a great team but on any given day ANYBODY CAN LOSE. This is still OUR team. Odds may be against us but we can still win. You can bet Coach White and our Seniors were not telling our underclassmen "we have no shot".
    Look I know we didnt play well last night but alot of it had to do with us, not the other team. Lets clean up the errors and put the ball in play more and see what happens.
    If series doesnt go our way you have many months to point fingers at 20 yr olds
    and yell at coaches if thats your thing. But I choose to support MY SCHOOL and MY TEAM..period
    Hookem! :bevo:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  26. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Alright ladies (as if they're reading hornfans) the sun is coming up on a new day. Let's get 'er done!!

:hookem:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  27. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

well, at least when 1st base is open.:deadhorse:

• Funny Funny x 1
  28. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

alright, alright, alright. We got 'em where we want them, our backs are against the wall! We facing elimination.:bevo::ousucksnana:

• Funny Funny x 1
  29. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

we need the CAT in the stands!

we need Jefferson and Washington to get out of their mini slump!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  30. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

The team was really up tight last night. At the plate and in the field. Dolcini’s body, as great as she is, is tired. I think everyone is tired. She was not hitting her spots last night and that is her strength normally. Plus how many times have the land thieves seen her pitch this year. They pretty much know what she’s got. They have not seen Czech this year, hopefully a plus. Nicole May will probably start for the dark side and we can hit her. It doesn’t help that we go back to a hotel to recuperate and they go back to their own bed. I’m hoping for redemption and we get a third game out of it! No matter what happens it has been a great run they’ve taken us all on and I haven’t missed one minute of it! Hook’em Horns!
    :hookem2::ousucksnana::coolnana:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1