CWS 2022

Discussion in 'Softball' started by mchammer, May 29, 2022.

1. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

A loss is a loss - doesn't count any different if it's a loss by one run or a loss by 15 runs. When the game starts tonight, the score will be 0-0.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

There was definitely some inflation...of the ERA's. Well, and apparently also slugging and batting averages.

3. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

If that is the case, USC was expected to trounce Texas...didn't quite work out that way when the dust settled. Here is to hoping your analogy rings true this week...

• Like Like x 3
  4. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Mike White went with Oregon as #1 seed and flopped.
    Connie went with Blair Luna as #4 seed and didn't make it.

Said many times, "Playing with house money"

(and the funny thing is that the "kids" didn't understand that phrase when Mike was giving them a pep talk earlier in the week)

5. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

I always like to go and look at an opposing fan bases' perspective, especially after a devastating loss (to us). Here's the their equivalent forum to ours. I queued it up to the start of the first of the double-header:
    COWGIRLS SOFTBALL: WCWS EDITION

6. UTexRulz23

UTexRulz23 500+ Posts

Hopefully our pitchers (Estelle and Hailey) are working on hitting corners.

Gotta get Jayda out. And be willing to walk JAlo even if you don’t intentionally walk her. She can punish every ball. But she’s a lot less likely to do that to balls low.

Win every pitch.

Really hoping our bats can come a bit more alive.

Let’s go ‘Horns!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Oh my gosh! What a bunch of babble. I don’t think I would follow our forum if we had so much nonsensical dribble and one liner comments. They beat up everyone on the team,especially the coach, at one point or another. Even to the point of calling okie state a loser and they can never win the big one! Including the baseball team’s loss the same night. I got depressed reading all the negativity. I did like one comment that stated they hated losing to anyone but Texas!! I would agree that Texas’s sports teams are a lot more fun to follow! Hook’em!

• Like Like x 1
  8. xdxmmxchxxl

xdxmmxchxxl 250+ Posts

Czech pitched one inning against them in game 2 of the regular season and they scored 4 runs off of her, and Jordy Bahl will get the start I bet. She is available

Last edited: Jun 9, 2022
  9. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

I thought Bahl was still dealing with some injury.

10. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

She pitched in the past week, against UCLA I think

11. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Well then I guess we will see if this is the new and improved Estelle Czech!

12. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

Looks like Czech will get the start tonight. Really hoping we get the same Czech we saw these last few outings. Keep the ball in the park but that’s easier said than done clearly. We need Jefferson to get us going I noticed we go as she goes. If she can get on base that’s when things get dangerous :hookem:

13. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Czech strikes out Alo her first at bat

• Like Like x 1
  14. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

Play the game already....sigh

15. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Go Horns! Keep it going

16. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

Are some of these sooner players women?

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Good inning ladies
    Win this thing

• Like Like x 3
  18. Jacob Johnson

Bahl is also throwing a lot of illegal pitches. Would nice to see them called. She is crow hopping in majority of her pitches.

19. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

GET 'ER DONE HORNS!!! :hookem:

20. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Sorry fellas. That error was total on me!

I tuned the game on and that was the first play. I turned it off immediately and buried the remote in the back yard. Please forgive me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  21. Jacob Johnson

We are really hurting ourselves. Routine plays and now base running are killing our momentum.

22. Jacob Johnson

I think we all saw it coming. Czech was clearly tired and I think anime White should’ve made a pitching change much sooner like as soon as she hit the next batter I knew it was time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Chinstrap

Chinstrap 1,000+ Posts

Does not matter but if Venables needs a pulling guard he might look at this team.

• Funny Funny x 2
  24. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Just like last night, they’ve got Dolcini’s number. I hate to see it end like that for her. She was a big part of us getting this far!

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2022
  25. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

We're #2! We're #2! We're #2!

Better than 62 other teams and the cherry on top was beating OK-Lite twice!

• Agree Agree x 5
  26. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Proud of this very talented team getting this far.

Hook 'Em Horns Ladies!

:hookem: :hookem: :hookem:

You represented The University of Texas VERY well !!!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  27. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Thank you Mia for making the final score less embarrassing. History will see it as a 5-run win margin and not know or care it was made up in the last inning. Now, on to the 2022-2023 thread worrying about next year!

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

What the hell happened that White had to restrain the assistant coach after the game was over? Looked like he was going after someone on the field not someone in the stands.

I have a friend at the game and have text her, but no reply as yet.

• WTF? WTF? x 2
  29. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

The silver lining is that this will help us win the Directors Cup again. Both track teams look good going into nationals too and baseball is looking good.

• Like Like x 4
  30. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

The okies are just too good……but we have been in a hotel the last 3 weeks and they have been in there own bed every night of the tournament. We really looked exhausted at the end!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1