CWS 2022

Discussion in 'Softball' started by mchammer, May 29, 2022.

1. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

3 (CDT) on ABC

• Like Like x 3
  2. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

The game is at 2 CT per Longhorn Network.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

It’s worth watching this again!

• Like Like x 3
  4. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Mike White post comments to the team.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Extended Highlights for UCLA

• Like Like x 1
  6. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Confusing!
    [I'm talking Austin time below]
    On NCAA bracket site, it shows 2:00 pm. This website accounts for your physical location when viewing the site. I live in Austin, so it's 2:00pm to me.
    NCAA.com
    On the Texas Softball site, they did a screen grab and put it on their web site showing 3:00 pm (select schedule)
    2022 NCAA Women's College World Series
    And I have a calendar subscription to UT Sports for softball and it shows "3:00 pm".

The reason this is important to me is I bought regional tickets for UT baseball and trying to see if/when we should leave for Disch-Faulk.

7. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Our future in the SEC:

SANDESTIN, Fl. (June 3, 2022) - The SEC Presidents and Chancellors approved future regular season schedule and post-season championship formats for six Southeastern Conference sports during their gathering at the SEC Spring Meetings, in preparation for the addition of Oklahoma and Texas to the SEC beginning with the 2025-26 athletic year.

Softball

• Regular season: Each season a team will play a three-game series against eight rotating opponents, for a total of 24 conference games.
    • SEC Softball Tournament: All teams will compete in a single-elimination format, consistent with the current format but with two additional games.

8. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Whenever I see two times one hour apart for game time, it’s likely east coast vs central time. So, I presume 2 pm central is game time.

9. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

Biggest game of the year...so far. We can beleive that team from up north resents all the talk about our success lately and would like nothing more than to slow it down. We have to keep the ball in the park. And we must support Hailey with runs...early. I think a close game is to our advantage. We the fans gotta remember no matter the outcome our season doesn't end today. Positive Vibes Only! We have plenty time to critic during offseason.
    TEXAS FIGHT...ALL DAY...ALL THE TIME!!! HOOKEM:bevo:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  11. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

Come out with the same game plan we had the series. Clean defense, timely hitting and letting Dolcini do what she has been doing for the past two months. Bahl pitched one inning in the past few weeks and is clearly still dealing with that injury so we may see Nicole May get the start. Just keep doing what we have been doing.

12. aUTfan

aUTfan 2,500+ Posts

So what happened in the first? I’m not home yet

13. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

If we stay close through 5 innings, we have a good chance.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Good K :hookem:
    Is that an ad on side of ou's helmets?

15. UTexRulz23

UTexRulz23 500+ Posts

Obviously we could still lose this game, and we could still even lose big. But you gotta be proud of how these Horns are playing?

If we lose do we fall back into the second bracket? Or is another match with UCLA?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Pitched out of trouble :ousucksnana:

17. UTexRulz23

UTexRulz23 500+ Posts

Would love to see Parker with a good contribution. I know she’s inconsistent but I like her a lot!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. UTexRulz23

UTexRulz23 500+ Posts

Would Popelka have made either of those catches?

19. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

A sticker that says "Uvalde" in a heart

20. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

racer
    Thanks

21. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Confused. The NCAA bracket shows that the loser of the game plays UCLA. Several times during the broadcast, they said loser faces Arizona. Anyone please clarify? And the time they play?

22. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Nevermind. They show Texas playing Arizona at 6:00 CST on ESPN2

23. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

I agree! I like her a lot and Parker helped us win several games (LSU) early in the season but she has gone stale over the last month or so! She can’t seem to get out of that funk.

24. Jacob Johnson

2022 NCAA softball bracket: Scores, schedule, TV times for college softball championship
    This is the bracket so we play Arizona tomorrow at 6 pm and the winner of Texas vs Arizona will play the winner of Oklahoma state vs Florida on Monday at 6 pm and 8:30. We would have to win twice on Monday to advance to the finals. We have to now win the next three games to advance.

Good part is we don’t have to see Oklahoma until the finals. The bad part is we have to win the next three to keep going.

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Cortney Day was the wrong person to have in right field on the fly ball and the next batter foul ball. Popelka or Gilbert would have caught both I believe.

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

Both should have been caught. The ball was in the air a long time. Both balls caught and UO does not score. Difference in the game.

27. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

So a true loser’s bracket. Excellent.

28. UTexRulz23

UTexRulz23 500+ Posts

Do NOT mind getting Arizona. And I’m really looking forward to some more shots at OSU.

29. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

[​IMG]
    A team with higher ERA than us? Please and thank you.

30. Jacob Johnson

I guess you can say that but, Texas can hang with anyone in this World Series. I’m just glad we don’t have to play Oklahoma as the team to decide our fate. Now if we see them in the finals I’m fine with that but, every game is very winnable for us.