CWS Elimination Game Texas v. UNC

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by FWHORN, Jun 20, 2011.

1. KEYSERSOZE

KEYSERSOZE 100+ Posts

Most of these guys did not hit well from the start of the season on. Check the stats. We really only had 3 hitters and that is because of bad recruiting or bad coaching. This is a recurring problem and will not get better unless there is a change in how our recruiting is done or we hire a real hitting coach or both.

2. WilburWildCat

WilburWildCat 25+ Posts

Blame game is useless! Texas baseball team showed the team consistent weakness and came up short as has been the story all season. Why is anyone surprised? Omaha does not cure team weakness. However, the Horns are on their way home as should be expected based on their dismal performance.

3. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

No real surprise from what I've seen this year. At least they made it back to Omaha.

4. AustinTejasFan

AustinTejasFan 1,000+ Posts

What is this, the 3rd or 4th time Texas has gone 2 and Q in 34 trips?

5. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

This is not one of Augie's better teams. The fact that they made it to Omaha is satisfaction for me. Hey, sometimes the other guy is better.

6. TxnByBirth

TxnByBirth 1,000+ Posts

I'm trying to decide what's worse, being knocked out before Omaha or 2 and BBQ. Today I lean towards the latter, with it made worse by the fact that we're the first team to go home. Major suckage [​IMG]

7. 84 Horn

84 Horn 500+ Posts

with 11 freshmen better to go 2 and q...

gators did same last year...

it's the climb

8. H-D Rider

H-D Rider 1,000+ Posts

9. L4UT

L4UT 100+ Posts

"This is not one of Augie's better teams. The fact that they made it to Omaha is satisfaction for me. Hey, sometimes the other guy is better." yelladawgdem

my sentiments exactly - my only complaint is, as i posted before, the lack of attention paid to the offensive recruiting the last couple of years - our pitching didn't let us down - we still have some good pitching coming back - but harmon has got to get better hitters - it's always good to make it to omaha even if we don't like the results

10. SlingeroGuitaro

SlingeroGuitaro 250+ Posts

Augie is the bob knight of baseball

What I mean is he is and always will be one of if not the greatest ever at what he does. They each play the game their way and they can make any team a winning team, regardless of talent, but they are always the most successful when they have the best talent suited for their roles on the team. Neither coach will alter their style of play to fit the talent neccessarilly. The pegs don't always fit the holes.

11. Tecolote

Tecolote 100+ Posts

he should retire

12. orangeblack&gold

orangeblack&gold 500+ Posts

According to the post-game overheard at the stadium, the number is 4 for us to go 2 'n' Q. Like some others mentioned, it was unexpected that our crew would get there. It's tough that we weren't a bit more competitive, but I for one am proud of the fact that they made it to the Arena for the Inaugural Season.

Thanks Team!

13. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

You cannot win it all if you are not in the tournament. The performance in the NC game was very disappointing, but the team over achieved all year long.

14. TigerPride

TigerPride 1,000+ Posts

For those of you who dont like Augie- try dealing with S. Golloway.