CWS Game 14 Texas v. Mississippi State June 26, 2021

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by FWHORN, Jun 26, 2021.

1. LousianaHorn

LousianaHorn Kabong

Helluva season by a young team......proud of the Longhorns...........Hook em!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

When you have an elite athletic program that has competed at the highest level for generations, (think football 1950, '61, '64, '77, '81, '83, 2001, '08, '09, and baseball with 6 runner-up finishes in Omaha), you are going to get your heart broken. And while tonight was a gut punch, a #3 finish in our 37th CWS appearance, a Big 12 title and a 50 win season, out of a team and coach that everyone had grave concerns about in February........well I feel like our standard has more than been upheld; Omaha: The Summer Home of Texas Longhorn Baseball. Generations of Domination.

Congratulations to the team and the staff. And Thank You. It was a helluva ride!!

:hookem2::texasflag:

• Like Like x 12
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

4. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

5. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Maybe so. The angle of the pitch in question was taken from behind the umpire and you couldn't see how it was a ball. They failed to shoe it form the pitchers vantage point. It was such a ridiculous replay that it begs the question. It was a very pitch.

6. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

7. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

It was a great run and I enjoyed watching the CWS games and getting caught up in it. My wife is a Lifetime Longhorn and she watched every pitch with me last night.

• Like Like x 2
  8. longhornlegend

longhornlegend 1,000+ Posts

Bystander, I was referring to the 2 players on MSU that ESPN just kept fawning over and over and over. The strike/ball calling by the ump appeared to be very suspect. Guess thats just luck of the draw.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Ut forever

Ut forever 25+ Posts

This Texas team came together as a team during that 16 game win streak in my opinion and a hit here and there in that last game against Miss St we could be the one playing Vandy but thats baseball… As i said in another thread earlier during super regionals baseball can be cruel look no further than what happened to Arkansas… But the worst thing that happened to any team this yr was NC State thats A tragedy… As far has balls and strikes thats part of baseball and its aggravating especially at the college level because for years i have felt thats a issue that coaches and athletic directors need to upgrade the quality of umpires calling balls and strikes… Still proud of Pierce and the team and excited for next year…

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  10. 22Horn

22Horn 500+ Posts

They should very salty next year. Just take a look at the roster especially the starting 8 and dh and pitchers. Lose MA and Madden. Look at the number of freshmen, sophomores and red shirt freshmen that started. Loaded everywhere!!

Ump was terrible! I saw several not even close to the black being call strikes, several not even in the zome, inside, outside, ankles and colse to arm pits. Very inconsistent!! True for most series umps.

Some were on inside part of white chalk in batters box were called strikes vs Horn's.

Exceptional 2 days of good ball with weather delays costing 5-7 hours that could have been used for rest etc......No other team experienced these long delays within 24 hours and 2 games.

11. Ut forever

Ut forever 25+ Posts

My son and I were in Omaha for the 2018 series… We were at both games vs Arkansas and Florida.. Rain played a problem in both of those games.. Texas was No threat to win it all that year.. This years team is much better top to bottom as most of you know but rain did not help Texas with those delays.. I believe if we would of won the first game we would be playing Vanderbilt tomorrow night… The mlb draft will have a impact on our teams roster next year but this programs due some luck..!Hopefully our incoming signees make it to campus as well

12. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

I'm as traditional as the next guy, and for years I have been totally against electronic calling of strikes and balls. However, a few years ago, I changed my tune and started calling for that because I am just fed up with the BS strike zones these umps come up with.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Precisely. On both points.

Going into the regionals, Arkansas was the behemoth that nobody wanted any part of. Now look at them.

NC State was the Cinderella that made it to the ball and was already dancing with the prince, then the wicked stepmother (NCAA) rigged the show, wound the clock forward to midnight, and stole the rightful opportunity away from Cinderella (NC State) so that one of her butt ugly stepsister/daughters* will necessarily win.

*the butt ugly stepsister/daughter category does not include us...:yes::yes::yes:

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2021
  14. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Since the umps have trouble even being consistent in a game, much less a series, I agree.