CWS

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by notanative, Jun 13, 2015.

1. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

UVA wins title one year later than they should have, last year they had the best team but just hit a bad series at very end, very reminiscent of Texas in '05 winning title that should have won in '04.

2. notanative

notanative 1,000+ Posts

And while the SEC was well rrepresented in Omaha, they didn't get the brass ring. In each instance the SEC contender was eliminated by a non-conference opponent. playing into the prior comment here that the error SEC Kool-Aid drinkers make is in the assumption that other conferences, while maybe not as deep in strength as the SEC, are quite capable of producing strong contenders. In their own ways, every conference is 'brutal'.

• Like Like x 1
  3. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

I like the fact that the SEC had half of the teams in the CWS and came away empty handed! Congrats to Virginia!

4. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Yep, just a mite.....

5. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

I haven't gone to verify it, but I saw one blurb that pointed out that Virginia beat five different SEC teams in the process of winning the CWS...if true, you have to like a program that can wax half a conference in the span of a few weeks...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Buck-Horn

Buck-Horn Guest

So, is O'Connor now in our crosshairs?

7. notanative

notanative 1,000+ Posts

Re: I haven't gone to verify it, but I saw one blurb that pointed out that Virginia beat five different SEC teams in the process of winning the CWS...if true, you have to like a program that can wax half a conference in the span of a few weeks...

Not sure about that, but they did beat three of the four that made it to Omaha - Arkansas, Florida, and Vanderbilt. TCU took care of the rest. :yippee:

8. giveemhell

giveemhell 1,000+ Posts

He absolutely should be, although I'm just as fine with Skip Johnson taking over the reins when Augie calls it a day...