Dale Hansen Unplugged on Mulkey

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by brnkj, Feb 27, 2017.

1. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  2. utfannforlife

utfannforlife 1,000+ Posts

She is trash, their university is trash. Not sure we should expect anything else to come out her mouth. "Rivalry" aside, I sincerely question parents that continue to send their female student athletes to that school, parents of future recruits better thing long and hard because she is clearly no advocate for them off the hardwood.

• Like Like x 5
  3. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Yup - wrong place, wrong time, wrong thing to say. However as long as they keep winning championships, the Waco crowd will sit on their hands.

• Like Like x 3
  4. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

You're so right ViperHorn... and how very typical hypocritical of them. The good "Christians" of the Baylor community look the other way when the Good Book becomes a personal inconvenience. Any other time they'd be thumping Bibles and pointing fingers.... Being the moral stewards of the world.:rolleyes1:

With our play over the past week, we basically have allowed the queen bee to reign one more year. Even with our sub-par performances those games were ours to win or lose. Things are changing...and KM knows it. Otherwise she wouldn't feel she needs to make the comments she's making (like the recent ones and also the whole "New Sherrif" bs she said after last Monday's game.) I can see the desperation all over her....its very obvious to me.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  5. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

There are a lot of women's BB coaches I don't particularly like: Geno, Sherry C, Jeff M, even Muffin and Tara. I never particularly liked Pat S either, but all of them at least I respected. As for Milkey, I have no respect for at all. She may be a good coach, but she is simply scum as a person.

• Like Like x 2
  6. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Yup, but scum who produces championships - which is the issue Baylor has to address. Her cheating is on film but, since the Conference does nothing about it, Baylor does nothing about it until the coach is caught covering up a murder or covering up at least 31 rapes. Even then the school does nothing to change the atmosphere.

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  7. txex1986

txex1986 < 25 Posts

I get the impression from her comments recently that Mulkey is getting blow back on the recruiting trail from parents and recruits regarding Baylor's culture of coverup over the past few years. As is her MO, Mulkey picked an extremely inopportune time (Senior day no less) to assert her back woods opinion. How I would love for Texas to leave the Big XII and join either the Pac 12 or Big 10. Associating with the thug cultures of Baylor and OU (Joe Money Mixon) does our university no good, IMO.

8. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

With the piss poor administration we have in place, leaving the money provided by the Big XII would be suicide. I have said many times before that a brief 20 weeks of Bill Powers trying to establish the "Bill Powers Legacy" will take us twenty years to overcome.

The time to join the BigTen has passed because the television contract has been reworked. Delaney screwed the networks so hard on the first contract (based on TV sets, not viewers or fans), that the admission of Texas with the BigTen claiming all the TV sets in greater Houston, the Metroplex, and Austin/San Antonio was worth a small fortune, but we had little Chuckie NeinASS chasing the Catholics rather than accepting either the "dynamic duo" or possibly, and probably the "terrific trio", all of whom had already applied to Las Colinas.

We have many problems to resolve, and Baylor, while a cancer on our Great State and the Big XII, is a minor issue compared to ZERO leadership in Las Colinas, and virtually none in Travis County. As for the PAC, there are still really hard feelings about the issues that occurred back in the mid 80s with Deloss' plan then.

9. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Considering she told people to punch us in the face for what we are currently talking about... I wonder if she gave even a moments thought to the idea that some if not many of those victims were probably punched in the face by their attackers. Mulkey is trash who happens to win a lot of games. Thank God we have someone like Karen.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...-america-say-she-punch-critics-face/98418684/

• Like Like x 3