Dallas or OKC?

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by hornpharmd, May 12, 2011.

1. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

OKC only needs one more win to advance to western conference finals. Dallas is more rested but OKC is younger and won't need the rest that Dallas is getting.

Cherring for OKC as I have been all along following Durant. Dallas looked great against LA and they seem to be the team to beat right now.

2. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

I think OKC is just a "fun" team. Like the anti-Lakers or something. And Durant puts on a clinic every night, something that Kobe couldn't do while hurt. I'd be flipping channels and come across an OKC game, and even though I don't have a dog in the fight with them, I enjoy watching them compete.

The Mavs are solid, especially the shooters they have off the bench. But I don't find myself oohing and ahhing whenever they make a good play. We'll see if guys like Chandler continue to make a difference once the chips are down.

3. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

I am a Spurs fan, as I have stated many times, but not one that has any negative feelings regarding the Mavs. As a matter of fact, after being pretty ambivalent about them over the years, I became a big fan of the Mavs in the LA series. I really like Nowitzki and feel that he and Dallas are due.

It's going to be a tough call for me if OKC makes it to the Western Conference Finals for obvious reasons. I guess I will just enjoy the games and see who comes out on top. One thing is for sure - whoever it is, I will be pulling for them emphatically in the Finals.

4. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

And I didn't realize that Royal Ivy was playing for OKC. 2 ex-longhorns on the Thunder roster makes them my team right now. Nothing against Dallas.

5. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

I like Dallas over OKC in that Dallas gets their best defender in Marion against OKCs best offensive player. Collison trying to cover Dirk is laughable. Dirk will be able to get inside again in that series and get to the line. If I were the Mavs, I'd paly Westbrook physical, but not double and give him his points and try and stop everything else.

6. Nuclear Bear

Nuclear Bear 1,000+ Posts

Memphis is a much tougher matchup for the Mavericks then the Thunder.

If its Mavs and Thunder....I see the Mavs in 5 or 6.

Mavs vs Memphis will go 6 or 7 games.

7. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

Wadster, good point regarding Marion however I don't think I is going to slow down Durant. If the series becomes an outside shooting competion Dallas will win.

Ibaka will be key for OKC.

8. orngblud

orngblud 1,000+ Posts

9. I_Live_In_OK

I_Live_In_OK 500+ Posts

Getting ahead of ourselves, here.

10. orangecat1

orangecat1 500+ Posts

Mavs fan here, was reading in the Dallas Morning News about the other two West finals the Mavs have been in, in the only West Final Dirk completed they won. They lost the other time when Dirk got hurt.

my prediction, Mavs over Thunder in 6.

11. Nuclear Bear

Nuclear Bear 1,000+ Posts

12. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

13. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

14. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

Stat, Dallas proved they are an elite outside shooting team against LA. They did not do their damage inside. Marion will not slow down Durant by himself. Durant and Westbrook can get the ball inside effectively. Thus I see OKC as a team that can play inside and outside and in a balanced way.

15. Third Coast

Tough game tonight for KD. Game 7 back home should be interesting.

16. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

17. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

Dallas will double and play team D as they did against LA. If they double Durant then Westbrook gets looks and vice versa.

18. Bigtex112

Bigtex112 500+ Posts

Love Kevin Durant!! But, he has OKC on his jersey. Go Mavs!!

19. warrior

warrior 2,500+ Posts

Pulling for the Texas team big time but Durant and the Thunder will be tough to beat. Go Mavs!

20. Longhorn0184

Longhorn0184 250+ Posts

Hook 'Em Thunder [​IMG]

21. Horn69

Horn69 2,500+ Posts

At least for Game 1 Mavs should have big time advantage over a Thunder Team that will be playing its 6th game in last 11 days. If OKC somehow prevails Mavs will be in bigtime trouble.

Hook'em!!! [​IMG]

22. Third Coast

I don't know if fatigue will be that big a factor with the Thunder. As one of the announcers pointed out, their top four leading scorers are all 22, or younger.

23. El Torito

El Torito 1,000+ Posts

This Spurs fan is rooting for KD and the Thunder. [​IMG]

24. cochamps

cochamps 2,500+ Posts

Will root for KD and the Thunder (love for the okies to depend on a Horn), but I won't be too disappointed when the Mavs win in 5 or 6.

25. tholly

tholly 1,000+ Posts

Dirk always lights them up. Dallas matches up much better with OKC the Memphis. Dallas in 5 and then flies to Chicago

26. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

27. Horn69

Horn69 2,500+ Posts

28. Third Coast

I don't really have a dog in this hunt, but I will be very surprised if the Mavs win this series in five games. Almost anything is possible, but I don't see that happening. I do see a minimum six game series either way.

29. Third Coast

30. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts