Dallas v OKC

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by past_coach, Apr 3, 2010.

1. past_coach

past_coach 25+ Posts

At game waiting for a defensive play. 67-59 OKC at half. Durant has 15. OKC has nice young team. I would rather be watching NCAA but got center court tickets 25 rows up

2. Pitter09

Pitter09 250+ Posts

You're center court at a good NBA game and you're logging onto HornFans??

OK. Thanks for letting us know your whereabouts.

3. past_coach

past_coach 25+ Posts

It was half time and the high school dance team was not that entertaining. Dallas got down by 19 made a good comeback but okc hit a clutch 3 to ice it. 5 okc players in double digits scoring. Durant with23. Dallas was very sloppy.

4. I_Live_In_OK

I_Live_In_OK 500+ Posts

Didn't you hear?

[2009]OKC is a crap city, the team is in a crap market with crap fans. The Thunder has a horrible front office, a no-name coach, a PG who can't shoot and no interior presence to speak of. Durant needs to get out of there b/c that crap organization will never go anywhere.[/2009]

5. UTeric32

UTeric32 500+ Posts

I think you got crap city and crap market right, but dont be silly. No one who knows anything ever talked smack about the fans and/or front office.

Any fans in a new NBA city are going to be hardcore, especially when they have nothing else. And people call Sam Presti a genius. He is easily a top 5 GM. It isnt Durant who has them where they are, its the moves Presti has made to put the pieces around him.

The arguement to get Durant out of there is solely based on the fact that he would make much more $$$ in a big market. Its basically the same argument people make for LeBron.

6. rickysrun

rickysrun 2,500+ Posts

nothing would make me happier than to see OKC because of Durant start to overshadow the fraud organization known as the Mavs and throw their douchenozzle fans into a shopping frenzy at nordstroms.

7. updog07

updog07 500+ Posts

I watched this game last night and was surprised at how well OKC could shoot.

Collison, who used to tear Texas apart, came in and put up a quick 12 points off the bench. Harden from ASU is a rookie with extreme potential. KD and Jeff Green are very consistant, which is something you always need.

OKC is a sleeping giant waiting to tear it up in the playoffs. I might actually watch some NBA this year now.

8. Horn69

Horn69 2,500+ Posts

The Western Playoffs should be great this year. 4 way tie for 2nd. and then 3 teams 3 games back. Teams on a roll going in should be at an advantage. Right now that's not the Mavs so they'll have to step it up the next 10 days.

They will go only as far as Jet Terry goes. When his shot is on, they win. When not, they have much tougher time winning. Butler and Haywood definitely need to step it up.

Thunder is a really good young team. Remind me of the Mavs when they surprised Jazz in 1st round in 2001. They have good management, good facility and good fans to go with good young team. Their starters combined don't have as much NBA experience as Kidd, let alone all the other fossils that dot the Mavs Roster. Experience vs Kids should be the theme.

Hook'em!!! [​IMG]