dalton santos

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by tamster, Feb 4, 2012.

1. tamster

tamster 500+ Posts

is a bad mutha. love his highlights. he brings the pain every time he tackles someone. there is definitely a whiplash type reaction from the ball carrier on impact on most occasions. My favorite is the first hit on this clip from his senior season. I am glad we were able to get him to come to Texas and that he is a lifelong UT fan.

OUCH!!!

2. Burnt Orange Bevo

Burnt Orange Bevo 1,000+ Posts

Dalton may be a santo off the field, but he hits like a diablo on the field.
    [​IMG]

3. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

Great, Now I am going to have to alter my position on the racing stripes haircut.
    First Vacarro made me reverse my stance on the faux hawk. Not this.

4. Bill in Sinton

Bill in Sinton 5,000+ Posts

5. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Devastating tackler. Sort of reminds me of Ray Lewis. If he gets to you, you're done.

6. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

wow, I am pumped! clips like these for other guys are cool to watch with oooh and aaah moments but this one was different. It was fun!

7. El Torito

El Torito 1,000+ Posts

Weapon of mass destruction. [​IMG]

8. hornyhoosier

hornyhoosier 500+ Posts

I love how well the guy sheds blockers. [​IMG]

9. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

Its amazing the way he just seems to explode, not only through the person he's tackling, but right through blockers as well.
    It looks like he's going to get mixed up in traffic and then all the sudden he's on the other side of the blockers like magic, and leveling the ball carrier on the same motion.

10. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

I love the way Santos cleans up his own mess...he blows through the o-line and right by the ball carrier in one sequence, then circles back for the tackle for loss. I'd swear several of the people Santos hit are still in intensive care, or at the least receiving disability payments.

11. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

I love his physical play. He is a Vacarro like hitter. That is awesome.

That being said, he will have to be taught to avoid the helmet to helmet hit. In the video many of his hits are way high. Unfortunately, in my opinion, those hits are often punished in college football today.

12. Zona Horn

Zona Horn 500+ Posts

Helmet to helmet is only a problem on QBs and "defenseless" receivers in the act of catching. It is not a penalty against ball-carriers running up field, who are also lowering their pad level.

This kid is a devastating Mike LB. He may only see the field on 1st and 2nd down against most of the spread terms we play, but he has singletary-esque skills in the middle. Against teams like Stanford or Bama he would have 15+ tackles.

13. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

14. kbrown

kbrown 1,000+ Posts

I sometimes wonder why "helmet to helmet " contact is targeted at defensive players. My favorite player of all time Earl Campbell absolutley used head to head...preobably shortened his career. Running backs and other offensive players are rarely flagged or fined for" lowering the brow" into defensive playewrs