Damion f'n James

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by orange_xpress, Jan 2, 2008.

1. orange_xpress

orange_xpress 25+ Posts

3-3 from behind the arc? 16 points in 12 minutes. Maybe starting from the wing will be a good thing?

2. ldogg53

ldogg53 500+ Posts

he appears to be tearing it up... this would be a nice development if having GJ opens things up more for DJ...

DJA on the other hand is having a rough night so far.. 0fer with 2 fouls....

3. Knoxville-Horn

Knoxville-Horn 1,000+ Posts

I wish I could watch it. I'm having to resort to the live boxscore broadcast on Yahoo. Imagine how good this team could be when everyone's healthy and on the same page.

4. po elvis

po elvis 250+ Posts

i came here to see if someone started a thread entitled "Damion f'n James".

this is one time it is deserved. wow.

5. jagdilly69

jagdilly69 100+ Posts

I'm watching live stats from work. Are we looking that bad or is TCU looking that good? I know we're w/o AJ and DJ is in foul trouble, but still surprised with the score. Also, what happened to the awesome defense we had the first 8 games of the season, it's been missing? I hope we get back to where we were earlier on, especially now that we have GJ in for us!

6. jagdilly69

jagdilly69 100+ Posts

...but back to the subject of this thread...way to step up Damion and keep it up! HOOKEM!

7. orange_xpress

orange_xpress 25+ Posts

looks like a pretty decent crowd on tv.

8. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

Thank goodness James is on his game and Atchley is playing well.

It's certainly an adventure without DJ in the game. If I were coaching TCU, I would press and trap the entire time he isn't in.

9. Knoxville-Horn

I see Justin Mason's on track for another sub-25% shooting game. [​IMG]
    The boxscore I'm watching doesn't include rebounds. Are we rebounding OK?
    And, what's up with all the fouls?

10. Knoxville-Horn

With 4 minutes left, TCU is shooting 34% from the field and has 8 less free throws made. And, yet, this game's coming down to the wire?!?!?

11. TJ=NPOY

TJ=NPOY 100+ Posts

TCU is 11-27 from 3 pt range, along with 8 more shot attempts so they must have either a turnover or rebounding edge.

12. DAGMAR

DAGMAR 250+ Posts

We have 13 more rebounds and 3 less turnovers. They have 6 more 3s

13. Knoxville-Horn

How many rebounds did James end up with? I see where he had 29 pts. [​IMG]

14. TJ=NPOY

TJ=NPOY 100+ Posts

Well it was the threes that had them close. I just saw the difference in shots and was guessing as to why, but I neglected the fact we have so many more free throws just by being in the bonus so early this half.

15. orange_xpress

orange_xpress 25+ Posts

James had 14 or 15 boards in a great individual effort. Not sure about team rebounding.

Why does it seem like teams always shoot lights out from behind the arc against our D?

16. MNLonghorn10

MNLonghorn10 < 25 Posts

Welcome to inter-state rival games. Everyone brings their A game against THEE University of the state.

Great game by James, this guys fun to watch and has really developed his jumpshot, but he'd be very effective, if he drove the ball a little more. Hes sorta like Julian Wright.

I cant wait with AJ, DJ, DJ and GJ to go all out [​IMG]

17. warrior

warrior 2,500+ Posts

At least UT won even though they did not play great. Every road game in the Big 12 is a challenge.

18. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

I get tired just watching him play.

19. LovinTheAtx

LovinTheAtx 250+ Posts

I was so impressed with him today and I'm glad we pulled it out at the end.

On another note mentioned, the crowd did look pretty decent.

Hook 'em!

20. Truck's Son

Truck's Son 500+ Posts

Damion had his best game yet as a Longhorn and showed why he's a future All American if he stays here long enough.

Other than that, we looked pretty ******. Mooney showed a lot of heart, Augustin had a good final 10 or 15 minutes, but pretty much everyone else had average to below average games. Give credit to TCU though, they played their asses off.

We're still trying to get all the pieces together, but once they do, we'll be a really good b-ball team.

And the crowd was very solid.

21. bularry

bularry 250+ Posts

oh my gosh, please tell me Barnes didn't break out the Mack Brown "everyone gives us their best shot, we're their super bowl" excuse?

22. Texoz

Texoz 1,000+ Posts

It's mixed feelings when a player starts performing this good. If he plays like this all year, he's going to be tempted to jump early.

I need to get over worrying about that possibility, and just enjoy the show.

23. jt09

jt09 500+ Posts

Best player the rest of the nation doesn't have a clue about.

24. Bob in Houston

Bob in Houston 2,500+ Posts

25. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

No Barnes didn't use the Mack excuse.

Tehy interviewed Damion and it was a great interview in that Damionclearly understood he needed to step it up with AJ out and DJ on the bench. hearing amion explain what he told mason was funny but true, that they needed to be tha man and take a leadership role while DJ was out. But he said it IS DJ's team
    Craig askedDamion if he knew that Mason was in mid court when Damion swatted that ball from a Frog as Damon went over the scorer's table. Mason dished it to DJ who scored.
    Damion laughed and said he'd like to lie and say he knew where mason was but he couldn't lie.
    Great Interview. Greater game

26. bassale47

bassale47 1,000+ Posts

James was amazing in this game. He is getting better with every game. Just needs to work on his free throws, and I agree with the poster above who said he needs to drive more. I think that aspect of his game could make him a matchup nightmare.

With regard to it being a close game, a lot of it had to do with all the three pointers by TCU and the terrible defense by Texas for much of the game. But the bench played more minutes in this game (over 40) than I've seen them play in a long time, and I think it's good that those minutes came in what was sometimes a come from behind effort. That teaches them more than putting them in at the end of a blowout. With so many injuries, and especially with the lack of depth at guard, Texas needs the bench to be ready to go at any time, and I think this game went a long way in getting them ready.

27. Texashorns03

Texashorns03 < 25 Posts

James is the man! I love that guy. 29 points and 14 rebounds.
    12-2 baby Hook 'Em!

28. j.e.s.-U.S.

j.e.s.-U.S. 100+ Posts

Great to see him have ANOTHER great game and this time we won. He played great against Wisconsin but didn't major props since we lost. Keep it going now! [​IMG]