DanaJacobson suspended by ESPN

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by chuychanga, Jan 23, 2008.

1. borna_horn

borna_horn 1,000+ Posts

It could have been worse. She could have said that Lou Holtz has one foot in the grave.

2. Lat22

Lat22 1,000+ Posts

I like Sage Steele better anyway.

3. ImissWallyPryor

ImissWallyPryor 1,000+ Posts

4. Mike_Tyson

Mike_Tyson 500+ Posts

5. LonghornLawyer

LonghornLawyer 500+ Posts

But here's just a silly little academic question--is anybody really offended by hearing that she said "f Jesus"? I mean, I know it's not appropriate. Getting up and belching into the microphone would also be not appropriate. But is anybody really offended?

Anybody?

Just asking.

6. Tex Pete

Tex Pete 1,000+ Posts

I'll go ahead and say that I 'm offended.

I'm not thin-skinned at all, but I find that to be waaaaay over the line. That is not roasting a person. That is roasting a huge percentage of the American population.

Do I think she should be fired? Probably not. I don't think Imus should have been fired, either. I think something should have been said to each of them, and it should have been over whether they apologized or not. Not unlike Jesse Jackson's Hymie Town in the 80's. The guy wasn't ostracized from society for saying that, people just know he's a racist now.

You do have the right to say whatever you want in America(almost), but you also have the right to suffer the consequences of your words.

7. Horns_House

Horns_House 100+ Posts

so she gets crucified (pun intended) for saying f**k jesus, but when muslims get upset over allah cartoons, they are just being irrational?

8. LonghornLawyer

LonghornLawyer 500+ Posts

Why are you offended, Tex Pete? Or do you just think that you're supposed to be offended because you find her comments to be "waaaaaay over the line."

I don't disagree with the notion that her comments were inappropriate and over the line, by the way. But there are lots of things that are inappropriate that I don't find particularly offensive. This happens to be one of them.

And I think there are a lot more people who think they should[/] be offended than people who actuall are offended.

9. Texas Jack

Texas Jack 1,000+ Posts

10. Texas Jack

Texas Jack 1,000+ Posts

11. vy2005

vy2005 250+ Posts

Btw is she that butch looking girl who's face looks like horse?

12. adamhorn

adamhorn < 25 Posts

I'm curious if anyone has found a word about this on ANY Walt Disney owned website/station?

13. THEU

THEU 2,500+ Posts

As a Christian I will say I find it offensive, but I am not very upset by it. She has a right to say that if she is making a true statement about her beliefs. She said it in a semi official capacity for ESPN, and it was over the line for a roast. Do I think she should be fired? No. She made a stupid comment and I think the one week suspension is fine. She apologised and I believe her apology and accept it. I like Dana Jacobson just fine and don't hold anything against her.

14. 4th&5

4th&5 1,000+ Posts

15. Tex Pete

Tex Pete 1,000+ Posts

16. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

I hear 1300 The Zone is looking for people.

17. SlingeroGuitaro

SlingeroGuitaro 250+ Posts

hare krishna

18. Bobby_Bouche

Bobby_Bouche < 25 Posts

It was just more weird then anything, in a Kramer sort of way....

19. Eastwood22

Eastwood22 250+ Posts

20. NDhouston

NDhouston < 25 Posts

Are you saying Catholics are not Christian? Being a Catholic, that's news to me.

21. chuychanga

chuychanga 500+ Posts

No, I wasn't kidding. Ever seen a real roast?

If they just wanted to poke a little fun at Mike and Mike without offending anybody, they shouldn't have called it a roast. A roast is all about crossing the line an offending the roastee as much as possible.

22. Beau Vine

Beau Vine 1,000+ Posts

23. Eastwood22

Eastwood22 250+ Posts

24. 13evO

13evO 500+ Posts

Catholics are Christians.

What are they teaching these days in college-level ethics? You're pinko liberal professor probably took too many shrooms that day.

25. Tex Pete

Tex Pete 1,000+ Posts

26. Tex Pete

Tex Pete 1,000+ Posts

27. Tex Pete

Tex Pete 1,000+ Posts

28. Beamwalker

Beamwalker 250+ Posts

29. SlingeroGuitaro

SlingeroGuitaro 250+ Posts

30. Texas Jack

Texas Jack 1,000+ Posts