Daniel Hannan speaks the truth

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by BernOrange, Mar 26, 2009.

1. BernOrange

BernOrange 500+ Posts

2. Austintxusa

Austintxusa 2,500+ Posts

What was amazing about that?

You can hear this every week during Prime Minister's Questions (PMQs) time.

Though he was consistent with his metaphors. Not always the case on Wednesdays.

3. Horn_Winger

Horn_Winger 250+ Posts

I wish we had more of that in the states.

4. gecko

gecko 2,500+ Posts

Wow....who woulda' thought he's an Obama guy....though that support is waning.

5. BernOrange

BernOrange 500+ Posts

^ Between Obama and McCain, he thought Obama was the better choice, but for strategic reasons, not economic. His real political soul mate is Ron Paul (listen to end of Cavuto Pt. 2).

6. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Substitute the USA for the UK and Obama for Brown and you have a speech that should be heard.

What in what he said does not apply here? As he said you can't squeeze the productive to keep adding non productive government workers. True
    You can't borrow your way out of debt, True.
    You can spend you way out of debt, True

They won't listen to him. Over there or over here

7. MTF

MTF 1,000+ Posts

Are the kind of government jobs that Hannan described from the British plan in the Beck interview the same types of jobs that are created by the stimulus package in the United States? I honestly have no idea, but I thought the U.S. plan was more targeted at developing infrastructure than adding a minister of race relations or whatever Hannan said.

8. BernOrange

BernOrange 500+ Posts

9. bozo_casanova

bozo_casanova 2,500+ Posts

10. BernOrange

BernOrange 500+ Posts

bc, isn't there a point at which you start seeing diminishing returns on the investment? Also, do you expect instant, direct rewards for those infrastructure dollars, or isn't it more of a long term latency on any gains for short term costs/pain? If the latter, as I believe, the question begs, can we afford it (or more appropriately, the interest on it)?

11. Wild Bill

Wild Bill 1,000+ Posts

I posted the rant yesterday under " If the Republicans had any guts", but I missed the interviews with Cavuto and Beck. I was doing my taxes. [​IMG]
    Thanks for posting the links. They were excellent interviews. We need more politicians like Hannan over here.

12. BernOrange

BernOrange 500+ Posts

Sorry, I didn't see the thread. It's good enough to deserve more than one thread though IMO.

13. Wild Bill

Wild Bill 1,000+ Posts

Absolutely! The links alone were worth a post.

14. BernOrange

BernOrange 500+ Posts

Beck part 2 (transcript):The Link

Daniel blogs about his experience:The Link

15. bozo_casanova

bozo_casanova 2,500+ Posts

16. BernOrange

BernOrange 500+ Posts

17. IRC

IRC 1,000+ Posts

Well as long as Bozo is invoking Milton Friedman:

Greed