Darrell Scott- Are we the leader now?

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by SchertzHorn, Jan 2, 2008.

1. SchertzHorn

SchertzHorn 100+ Posts

With Charles now heading to the NFL, do you think that Scott will head to Austin? In his interviews he wants to go somewhere that will allow him to make a huge impact in his first year. We fit that bill now, and on a much larger national scale.
    I believe that this is a recruiting dead period where coaches cannot contact players. When does this end? That will probably be the time that he gets a huge push from the Texas' staff.

2. UTIceberg

UTIceberg 250+ Posts

The dead period ends Jan. 4th. This was exactly my thinking upon hearing JC was going pro. I bet Darrell Scott ends up a Horn next year. Look for him to be the starter by mid-year.

3. Handler XIII

Handler XIII 1,000+ Posts

Well it definately didn't hurt - I'm sure Hawkins will be pointing out that Mack doesn't like to start fish though. Hopefully Mack closes him!

4. RunRickyRun34

RunRickyRun34 250+ Posts

from the Statesman, 1/2:
    The Link

5. HenryGandorf

HenryGandorf 250+ Posts

man, we could use some chaos.

6. Burnt Orange™

Burnt Orange™ 25+ Posts

SCOTT, SCOTT, SCOTT!!!!!

COME ON DOWN! [​IMG]

7. Bill in Sinton

Bill in Sinton 5,000+ Posts

Please come to UT Mr. Scott.

8. TXgrl222

TXgrl222 25+ Posts

[​IMG] PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!! [​IMG]

9. hookem2003

hookem2003 500+ Posts

That sounds pretty clear cut to me. Gotta feel good about that.

10. Branyon

Branyon 500+ Posts

You folks are forgetting that we have upperclassmen who have spilled blood for the program.

11. SeeVinceRun

SeeVinceRun 100+ Posts

That would be amazing. [​IMG]

12. everybodygodeep

everybodygodeep 500+ Posts

It is wide open for you. Come on down.

13. GoHornsGo90

GoHornsGo90 1,000+ Posts

I swear to god, if I ever hear about another player "spilling blood" for the University of Texas program as a justification for starting I will boycott a game.

14. Holden

Holden 500+ Posts

15. HornLivin

HornLivin 250+ Posts

As much as quotes can be misused or misleading in recruiting that one from the AAS does say a lot. I suddenly feel a lot better about our chances. C'mon Scott! Let's break out the chaos!

16. ut2010

ut2010 25+ Posts

Still think Colorado is the favorite but Charles leaving can only help.

17. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

What can coaches do regards recruiting at this Saturday's game in San Antonio? Can they visit and talk to the players? (I'm talking about the All-American game... which I think is the 5th at 1 pm on NBC).

18. campies16

campies16 < 25 Posts

One thing to think about Re: Scott and CU or Texas: I know family is a significant factor for going to school as an 18 year old kid, but so is a fast track to becoming a college legend and an NFL draft pick which is something he would most likely have an advantage with here at UT.

Scott had no problem leaving his hometown high school to go to a program where he felt he could win a state championship, so that tells me he head and heart are concerned about winning as much as anything. That more than anything else tells me there is a seriously good chance he will end up wearing burnt orange. [​IMG]

19. Horns83

Horns83 500+ Posts

20. Horn69

Horn69 2,500+ Posts

Can the Moderators make a rule banning anyone ever again using the word "fish" to describe a University of Texas freshman?

Thank you.

Hook'em!!! [​IMG]

21. ut2010

ut2010 25+ Posts

Scott left his old high school because he said that school had serious issues.

22. centexorange

centexorange 1,000+ Posts

Still think Colorado is the favorite but Charles leaving can only help.

He stated in his article he was a warm weather guy and Colorado didnt have indoor facalities...

23. Colt McVince

Colt McVince 250+ Posts

i really want to believe that scott is interested, but c'mon.. this is the same story every year. we get excited about some OOS stud, who either has a tie elsewhere and is a lock, or we don't recruit hard enough to really have a shot at. the AAS article is nice and all, but if you are a teenager and some reported from some school's home city asks you... "hey.. i know we're one of your choices... what do you like about the program, and are you interested" you would give some positive spin. i'm sure in the overall picture he'd rather have charles gone, but i'm not putting too much into his statement. colorado still leads large IMHO. i think we should continue concentrating our recruiting on DTs (or maybe another TE ugh... )

24. South Austin

South Austin 2,500+ Posts

Click on the link below, type "darrell scott" in the search box, and select the first video. Toward the end, Darrell talks about the cold in Boulder, but comments on the indoor practice facilities and says he could get used to the cold. This was five days before the Statesman blogger quoted Darrell as saying, "Man it's brutal up there [at CU]," and "They need to get some indoor facilities."

Either the blogger was taking liberties with Darrell's quotes, or Darrell is just making those comments to keep things interesting even though he is a CU lean or lock. Charles leaving for the NFL doesn't hurt Mack's chances, but I still think he goes to CU where he has familiy ties.

CSTV Video

25. HatDaddy

HatDaddy 1,000+ Posts

CU no doubt.
    We should have started and ended the search with Calhoun.

26. Phil Conners

Phil Conners 100+ Posts

We are not the leader. Go to S.A. to watch the game this weekend and wear orange.

27. TexasGolf

TexasGolf 2,500+ Posts

28. Bill in Sinton

Bill in Sinton 5,000+ Posts

We had a very young offensive line last year and once they had experience Jamaal really started to go. Next year with this experience a running back can really have great blocking. Please come on to Texas and take advantage of it Mr. Scott!

29. Jive_Turkey

Jive_Turkey 1,000+ Posts

Well, if Scott was actually from Colorado, then I'd think there was no chance in hell he'd come to UT. Too much in-state pressure.

But he's from California. He has no loyalties to CU in the way that a kid from Denver seemingly does to play at the state school.

So I'd say there is a chance.

30. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe UT tight end Blaine Irby is from Scott's school.

Top running backs at high profile schools, that would be a class or two in front of Scott, would be... Joe McKnight at USC and Wells at The Ohio State University. OU seems to have a stable full as always. Not sure what's up at Florida or LSU.

Given all that, TEXAS would have to be the premiere place for a stellar running back to come make a name for himself and keep an elite program into the Top 5 mix.

To me, the top schools where you'd like to have your name etched as among the greatest running backs would be: USC, OU, UT, Ohio State, and add to that Georgia (Herschel) and Auburn (Bo).

UT would appear to be the current school among those, ready to add the latest and greatest.

I leave ND out of that, because ND is history. As in past history. [​IMG]