Darrell Scott- Are we the leader now?

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by SchertzHorn, Jan 2, 2008.

1. LobWedgePhil

LobWedgePhil 100+ Posts

It looks like family pressure will keep him at CU, doesn't look good now.

2. hot_c_win_horns

hot_c_win_horns 100+ Posts

Dont want to piss anyone off over at OBs but it is very clear with the up to the minute updates they are giving that sCUm is the leader for Darrell's services. It appears the family pressure is too much for Darrell to turn away from. It is really looking bad compared to where we were yesterday at this time. It is a crap shoot...we will have to wait and see.

3. Black Ninja

Black Ninja 500+ Posts

Damn......thanks though.

4. hot_c_win_horns

hot_c_win_horns 100+ Posts

5. Pimpology

Pimpology 100+ Posts

Why does Ketch have someone harassing him at his high school? I'm sure he loves that. The only one from UT that needs to be talking to him is Mack or Major.

6. JOSEYWALES66

JOSEYWALES66 100+ Posts

7. ReaganHorn

ReaganHorn 250+ Posts

Dead period? That mush mean he's seen Skippy's cell phone number more than once.

8. Handler XIII

Handler XIII 1,000+ Posts

and some free UCLA shirts/hats

9. LonghorninAustin

LonghorninAustin 1,000+ Posts

It is no longer a Dead period, at least that is what was said on 1370 a little while ago. But they did say it is cu in the lead now. They said UT coaches are probably hoping Scott will call them tonight. They did say UT coaches can call him, but that would be pointless. It is Scott's decision.

I have been very hopeful the last few days, but now I am no longer. We will knowat 11:50 tomorrow.

10. hjengo

hjengo 25+ Posts

I just saw this on Rivals so it doesn't look good for us. Let's hope this prediction is wrong, and DS decides to be a Horn. The Link

11. TheUltimateDivas

TheUltimateDivas 25+ Posts

Based on another site I frequent (not Orangebloods), it looks like it's CU for Scott. He could still change his mind between now and the signing of the LOI, but that is unlikely.

Congrats to Mack and his team for giving it a good shot. One of these years we'll pull in that stud OOS to complement all of our stud Texas HS players. [​IMG]

12. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

God grant me the serenity
    To accept the things I cannot change;
    Courage to change the things I can;
    And wisdom to know the difference

Amen

[​IMG]

13. Horns83

Horns83 500+ Posts

They'll be talking about this one for some time to come.

14. WhiteH2O Horn

WhiteH2O Horn 250+ Posts

It would have been REALLY nice to land Scott, but the family thing has always seemed to heavily favor CU. When your mom wants you to go there AND you have a close relative there, it would be a major coup for the Texas staff to overcome that.

I fully expect Vondrell McGee to our starter next season, but we'll still have a few guys to challenge for the position. It's cool that Mack can get so many of the in-state guys, but our recruiting has definitely slipped a notch or two nationally.

Can't wait for tomorrow to welcome our class! [​IMG]

15. bighornfan32

bighornfan32 100+ Posts

the above poster is very uninformed.

16. Horns83

Horns83 500+ Posts

17. honolulu horn

honolulu horn 100+ Posts

Look, if DS comes to Texas then it will be a fun ride. If he goes to CU, wish him well and we will enjoy beating them anyway.

18. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

We'll know today.

HHD [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

19. DRAG69

DRAG69 1,000+ Posts

Can't lose what you never had.

If he goes to CU then I wish him well but I think he is making a mistake if he does. Just my opinion.......man.

20. RunRickyRun34

RunRickyRun34 250+ Posts

Evidently Mommy has taken his phone privelages away. His decision has been made for him. sad

21. texashorne

texashorne 250+ Posts

22. beencounting

beencounting 500+ Posts

who is the uncle at CU?

23. uh_huh

uh_huh 25+ Posts

Josh Smith, member of the "McGuffie just jumped your *** Club!"

24. HornLivin

HornLivin 250+ Posts

Guess the statements about Darrell making his own decision and following his heart (not his mom) just weren't reality. I hope he doesn't regret the decision, I wish him well. Sounds like a great kid.

Time to start focusing on the guys we have and the '09 class! [​IMG]

25. jkavvy

jkavvy 25+ Posts

Scott silently commited to Texas and even reaffirmed that he was still 100% Longhorn after Colorado's last in-home visit. Then the dead period began and the Scott household went into lockdown and there had been a 180 degree change in attitude in less than 24 hours.

Mack said this is precisely why he avoids late OOS battles. The 'funny business' happens in the 24 to 48 hours leading up to signing day.

26. uh_huh

uh_huh 25+ Posts

I'm all for no more LATE OOS battles. Gotta get in on guys like Scott a lot earlier.

27. JOSEYWALES66

JOSEYWALES66 100+ Posts

28. uh_huh

uh_huh 25+ Posts

They couldn't plan for Charles' jump to the NFL? I think they could have placed that in the realm of possibility.

29. HousHorn09

HousHorn09 2,500+ Posts

30. ngnichols

ngnichols 250+ Posts

Since when did Mom's decide where kids go to school or play football at? This kid is 18, right? I'd tell her to f**k off and let me make my own choice for MY life. Grow a pair and make your first man choice. She'll always be your Mom no matter where you go.