Darrell Scott: 'I Love Everything About Texas'

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Clendon, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Mesohorny

Mesohorny 1,000+ Posts

re D Scott in today's Statesman (following the all-star game in SA):

"I've got a thought about where I want to go. I kind of know, but I've still got two recruiting trips to take. Right now I would put Texas slightly ahead of Colorado."

2. sessamoid

sessamoid 500+ Posts

3. jinx

jinx 25+ Posts

I feel qualified to speak for UF since I'm in graduate school there now. I can't see him going there if he wants to be the man. Moody is eligible next year, plus has practiced that complicated system for a ayear. They also have other backs like Rainey and Williams who will see playing time next year. Finally, that system is not a feature RB system. Although I think a good TB will greatly help the system, Myer likes the misdirection to WR as a staple of the offense.

I think that LSU has some quality RBs, but they pose a bigger threat than UF to snag his committment than UF in my huble opinion.

4. jinx

jinx 25+ Posts

shoulda proofed that last sentence, but you get the point.

Count me in the optomistic crowd.

5. Texas Jack

Texas Jack 1,000+ Posts

6. chillywillywall

chillywillywall 100+ Posts

not to mention urban meyer has practically taken out the HB position in his offense

7. UT4EVR

UT4EVR 100+ Posts

Could be a matter of Scott being in Texas, surrounded by Texans, saying things for a thankful audience.

8. PFD

PFD 1,000+ Posts

9. homer

homer 500+ Posts

10. Bruhman

Bruhman 100+ Posts

^^^^^^^^
    If you'd watched USC play over the course of that year and seen how Moody gradually was becoming their featured back, he'd make alot more sense to you. Until he got hurt, Moody was their best back and it really wasn't even close.

11. jt09

jt09 500+ Posts

12. RyanUTAustin

RyanUTAustin 1,000+ Posts

Did we recruit this kid but lose him to CU?

I know he has ties there but how can Mack lose him?

He better suit up in burnt orange next fall, that would solve the RB situation.

13. TexasTower

TexasTower 500+ Posts

14. homer

homer 500+ Posts

15. Texas Jack

Texas Jack 1,000+ Posts

16. homer

homer 500+ Posts

I've given up on this thread (or at least on any discussion on Moody). This is useless.

17. Texas Jack

Texas Jack 1,000+ Posts

18. YuppiePrick

YuppiePrick 25+ Posts

If he comes here I hope his average yards per carry is greater than his average words per answer.

19. overmaars

overmaars 1,000+ Posts

20. Truck's Son

Truck's Son 500+ Posts

21. GoHornsGo90

GoHornsGo90 1,000+ Posts

Moody made a good decision...he wasn't as good as Gable (who got injured anyways), was behind Washington, and had Joe McKnight coming in. McKnight was obviously the most talented, regardless of carries...he got touches. Marc Tyler is redshirting, but Stafon Johnson and Desmond Reed were there also and they all have to get carries. He was smart to leave, he would have never gotten more than 10 carries in a game and now he will start at Florida where the offense will be the most open in the nation next year (and probably the best also).

22. TJ=NPOY

TJ=NPOY 100+ Posts

I disagree, if he wanted CU he would've committed already. He also has made a public statement to the effect Texas leads over the Buffs. He also has a clear path to at least a split of carries with Mcgee here if not winning the job outright, at a place where he gets a lot more national exposure than Colorado.

23. Zeke73

Zeke73 25+ Posts

Per Scout.com: Scott has pretty much been all over the place but insiders believe it’s a two team race right now between Texas and Colorado. With running back Jamaal Charles headed to the NFL it appears that the Longhorns could be his front runner. But I wouldn’t discount the Buffaloes out of this one just yet. Scott could visit LSU this month. A team to watch for could be Tennessee. Former Florida running back coach Stan Drayton is now the Volunteer running back coach and he was recruiting Scott for the Gators. Keep an eye on Tennessee. The Gators went from his frontrunner, to back to the pack, to frontrunner and now appear to be out of it.
    The Link

24. CHETOLONGHORN

CHETOLONGHORN 250+ Posts

will Vondrell have to give up # 2 if he decides to come to texas?

25. Colt McVince

Colt McVince 250+ Posts

link

not that bohls is an authority on anything, but...

26. South Austin

South Austin 2,500+ Posts

Kirk Bohls couldn't predict today's weather if it was dumping rain on his head, but I tend to think he is right on this one. I'm not holding out any home that DS will sign with Texas.

27. GoHorns08

GoHorns08 100+ Posts

Chet, I was wondering the same thing...I hope that is not a big issue.

28. Truck's Son

Truck's Son 500+ Posts

29. velvet master

velvet master 100+ Posts

puddle cruiser's post deserves its own thread. [​IMG]

30. overmaars

overmaars 1,000+ Posts

History tells us that Coach Brown has a tendency to play more tenured players above freshmen, despite inherent skill level. Darrell must realize he'll have to split, or at least compete for significant playing time. Thats not what he wants.