Darrell Scott: 'I Love Everything About Texas'

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Clendon, Jan 4, 2008.

1. bullzak

bullzak 500+ Posts

As for playing freshmen, Jamaal Charles, the man he Scott would replace had a big game at OSU, one of the biggest OOC games Texas ever had.

And of course he was getting his number dialed pretty often in the Rose Bowl.

I figure he is going to Colorado where he will never sniff the big time because that is a weak team.

2. cochamps

cochamps 2,500+ Posts

Solid work by Puddle Cruiser. Just the facts... [​IMG]

3. RomaVicta

RomaVicta 5,000+ Posts

4. TKO

TKO < 25 Posts

Darrell Scott never said that he didn't want to compete for playing time. In fact, he said the reverse. In an interview with either Scout or OB (sorry, can't find the link right offhand), he said any coach who guarantees you playing time before you even get on campus is lying to you. He went on to say something to the effect that he wants the opportunity to see the field his first year, but expects to compete for a spot, not have it handed to him.

I don't know Darrell Scott personally, but from all I've read he appears to have a pretty level head for a high school senior who's getting serious star treatment from the biggest programs in the nation. It's sad when I come on boards like this one and see rumors floating around about him that just aren't true.

5. overmaars

overmaars 1,000+ Posts

6. texashorne

texashorne 250+ Posts

Darrell should be swayed by our new running backs coach. I expect Scott to be Major's top priority starting about 10 minutes after the press conference. go get him major..

7. AustinTejasFan

AustinTejasFan 1,000+ Posts

"Applewhite has turned to calling Alabama recruits to tell them about his new job. One source said Applewhite would probably go to California next week to visit with elite running back Darrell Scott." The Link

8. Vote For Pedro

Vote For Pedro 500+ Posts

9. Bevo5

Bevo5 1,000+ Posts

He needs to be on a plane to Cali. now.

Go in there...talk about the last Californian RB Major worked with..show him the trophy...

Get him in.