David Cutcliffe

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Pickle_Nuts, Feb 6, 2022.

1. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

My second favorite coach behind Marion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

If this is directed at me, I have no problem opening up. No addictions, here. Smoked 3 packs a day for a very short period of time, kicked it. That was 40 yrs ago. My limit on beer is 1 (folks at the Hornfans get together in August will vouch for that), don't gamble, don't cheat on my wife, don't root for ou or a&m....

Look, I'm not comfortable with sark as a HC here esp after the ou meltdown. He's not up to it. It's that simple.

Nothing in his past screams "Excellence" as a HC. If you or anyone here would like to point to his best season, feel free to do so and provide detail (asking this humbly, not poking at anyone). I don't see any 10 win seasons (even at USC) so please enlighten me on this coaching genius. While you folks are at it, what team did sark outcoach last year? Who did we beat that had more talent than us?

No. 13 Iowa State 23, No. 17 Texas 20: ‘5-star culture’ beats ‘5-star players’

3. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

Horn- no man that wasn’t directed at you. I do see how you can get that it was. I was talking in general and if I offended you, that was not my intent.
    I’ve seen several posts about Sarks past issues and I was more speaking of my past failures. Any judgement from me regarding alcoholism would be hypocritical at the highest order.
    My brood of vipers was me trying to be funny while referencing the Bible and truly was not directed at you or anyone specifically.

I must say that anyone who meets up with the malcontents at a HornFan Chili Parlor does put their reputation at a somewhat severe risk and would cause me to doubt their football knowledge.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2022
  4. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

No offense taken here. My wife can spot a few hundred imperfections, is good at reminding me of all of them...:yes:

• Like Like x 1
  5. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

I gave Sark a throwaway year this past season. There were too many games where we had the lead going into the 2nd half and ended up losing. I don't expect to see that this coming season. The best QB we had was a RS Junior with a bad hand and little playing time, make that very little playing time, experience and it showed. This year, we have a QB who hopefully is much better, and a guy that appears to be a decent back up. But, my expectations are low, 7-5 maybe 8-4.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Pickle_Nuts

Pickle_Nuts Will travel with tickets.

The coaches and program need time, maybe more than people want. I will share this for the first time as well, I knew half way through the 2nd quarter of the RRS, it would not end well.

The team could not finish and after a couple of losses, I think some went on coast mode. These new transfers and recruits will change the energy but no guarantee on the culture.

Culture takes time, there are no shortcuts to greatness.

• Agree Agree x 4
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2022
  7. BLucky

BLucky 250+ Posts

I haven't read anything about this since the initial buzz. Did this happen or are they still "negotiating"?