Day Workers

Discussion in 'Horn Depot' started by Dude, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Dude

Dude 1,000+ Posts

What is the going rate? Going to hire some guys to do general spring yard work, raking, trimming, etc.

2. NCAAFBALLROX

NCAAFBALLROX 1,000+ Posts

Where are you located?

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. Dude

Dude 1,000+ Posts

just outside of Dallas

4. TXSNOS

TXSNOS 1,000+ Posts

Just drive up and offer what you think is a fair rate. If they agree, you're set. If not, look for someone else or offer a little more. It's not rocket science.

5. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Provide water or beverages, snacks if they are there awhile and maybe some pizzas or something if you like. Like above, use common sense.

6. Dude

Dude 1,000+ Posts

Thanks for the tips. Got some much needed help with the yard from some good workers.

FYI - there is no such thing as driving up and offering and allowing them to agree or not. My truck was ambushed on arrival, the only negotiation was how many guys were leaving with me. Zero discussion of wages, work to be performed, duration or anything else.

Ended up paying them about $10/hour plus bought their lunch and lots of drinks.

7. NCAAFBALLROX

NCAAFBALLROX 1,000+ Posts

All of that sounds normal with the exception of discussing wages...

That part is 100% on you.

On the few occasions when I've resorted to this, I'll give a couple bucks bonus to the guy who speaks English & yes, the $$ per hour is negotiable however YOU have to set this guideline in advance... however $ 10.00 per is the going rate for the most part.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Glad it worked out for you and them.