Daylon Mack

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Aces_Full, Jan 2, 2015.

1. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

I wonder how Devo got so close to Texas guys like mack, though. "Bring your big ***...." LOL.

Daykon Mack himself tweeted out a nice picture of the TCU in-home visit. He had a big smile. He had always said he wanted to play with a small number like 5. TCU couldn't give him 5 because it is LT's retired number, so they had to take the picture with a jersey #4. That gave Malik a chance to tweet at Mack, making fun of it too.

Patterson couldn't be at the in-home though, as he has used up the one in-home allowed for the head coach already. That doesn't hurt.

2. SkeeterMark

SkeeterMark 25+ Posts

Is Mack gonna follow Murray?

3. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

^^^ Unsure.

I just don't think he is really thrilled about the D there, even with Chavis (though there are some talented guys there) and I think he is pretty excited about what he heard from Malik and Charlie on that. I think he is excited about the D at TCU too. He talks to Kyler regularly, but he is probably closer to Malik as bosom buddies. His mom seems really excited about Charlie. So, I still feel this is 45-35-20 (Texas-TCU-aggy). Or perhaps it changed to 45-25-30. I don't think anything happened to reduce his interest in Texas. His lack of interest was because he had bought negative recruiting, and got his eyes opened a bit during the visit. Kyler can do nothing to change that. But something has happened to increase his interest in a&m, now and I assume it probably made it tougher only for TCU. My guess.

But what do I know? Maybe by day tomorrow, we will see the whole a&m player gang after Mack and Malik-Charles-Deshon unable to hold the fort anymore.

The real advantage I see is that momma is on our side and at least one of our mommas (Malik's) is in her ear all the time. Momma likes TCU as well, but the indications are that she likes us at least as much as TCU. Charlie's visit to her work place (dentists' clinic?) was a "homerun" as Gerry Hamilton says. She likes Charles momma too. I think the mommas will push Mack to us. When other things get even, trust Mommas.

How about that for some profound recruiting analysis? We are down to pinning our hopes on mommas now! [​IMG]

4. SkeeterMark

SkeeterMark 25+ Posts

Thank you sir. I have a buddy that swears Mack is gone to aggy. But you have put it to where I believe in Charlie!

5. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

I think people made way too much of guys choosing schools to follow other players they are buds with. These kids and their fams are choosing a place to spend the next 3-4 years of their life. And parents are choosing their surrogate father figure. I love my close friends, but come on man, they'll be a few guys on a team full of dozens and dozens of new guys and a collection of coaches. You better be damn sure you really like most of those countless other people and not just really want to play ball with your buddy.

After visiting several programs in recruiting, I can assure you no two teams are close to the same in the dynamics of the new team and coaches you are considering. Which is why you see a lot of Murray's buddies have it between Texas and then various other choices, not so much Aggy. Look bottom line, we will get some of these top guys and lose others. And the idea of a coup to either Texas or Aggy was nothing more than bs stirred up by those naive in the actual actions involved with and decisions made as a recruit.

No one here will be crapping their pants like our recruit tweeted, good or bad, it was just an excited kid who heard a lot of excited kids making spur of the moment bold statements in front of peer pressure. Then they get back to the adults and reality sets in as to the gravity of their real choice. You win some, you lose some, and so the recruiting process goes.

6. SkeeterMark

SkeeterMark 25+ Posts

Aggy saying that Mack has said it's down to TCU and aggy now?

7. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

Looks like Mack has decided where he is going, but he ain't telling! -The Link
    @DaylonMack Woke up this morning with one school on my mind! I know where I'm going!

Good news for us? Who knows! The less the time he had to be swayed by Kyler and the aggy gang, the better for us, I guess. Could aggy or froggy have swayed him in one day yesterday, away from his bosom buddy Malik? I hope not.

8. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

There is some speculation going around whether Daylon Mack was inspired by this Pat Green song -The Link

"I woke up in the morning with Texas on my mind" !

9. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

I wish he would take his day and announce so it will be about him. On sighing day it will be about a lot of them. I believe he is the key to the other half of our defense. [​IMG]

10. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Yeah, I'm guessing Pat Green is on Mack's Playlist, right after Percy Faith's Orchestra's "Theme from a Summer Place. I know those are songs that put me in a happy place.

Then when he commits I'll Play the Seekers "I know I'll never find another you" if he ends up with us, or the Theme Song from Zulu if he ends up an Aggie.

11. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

I'm thinking Daylon committing to the good guys will deserve a fly theme song like "Return of the Mack" [​IMG]

12. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

texasags is a site good for a laugh.

There are posts by more than one of the cult members that states that Murray has guaranteed that he will bring lodge and Mack on board there with him.

Of course, before Friday at 1:30, Hill and Boyd were also done deals.

13. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

^^ Do not ever read the aggy forums. Unless you want to feel depressed about where humanity is going. A more delusional groups of human beings (?) would be hard to find.

14. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

The crystal balls that have just rolled in one after another (starting from just when aggy in-home with Mack finished) that predict Mack to Texas has been one of the most curious things I have seen.

There just does not seem to be a single good source from Texas, aggy or froggy side that seems to be sure of where he is going (on some direct knowledge), or indicating some solid info in a believable manner. But these recruiting experts from everywhere are throwing CBs in for Texas in a hurry one after another. 15 CBs have come in favor of Texas in the last 5 days, out of the 51 predictions there are for him, and the lone exception in the last 16 predictions is from an LSU guy for aggy.

I have no idea what these guys know. Though these guys have a habit of jumping on the bandwagon in the end when some real news comes out, that is not the case here, because no solid info has surfaced on anything. I have not seen this kind of an avalanche of CB predictions for any recruit without some smoke somewhere. Just that in this case, we don't see any smoke.

Even more curious is that despite the agggyland talk that Kyler and Mack talk every day, the Kyler decision has had no effect on the crystal balls AT ALL. How come?

Now, the reason why there isn't even good rumors from sources close to horns, aggy, and froggy is that ESPN has put a tight lid on Mack, and Gerry Hamilton is probably the only guy with direct access to Mack now. But I think the latest ESPN-insider guesses from a couple of days ago is for Mack to aggy, if I am not mistaken. Again, nothing computes on these crystal balls. Are these recruiting "experts" hearing something from ESPN friends, with ESPN keeping suspense up with their aggy predictions? I don't know. VERY curious.

Anyway, 31 of 51 CBs are now for Texas, with aggy a distant second at 16 CBs. That was about 16 for Texas and 30 for aggy just 5 days ago. What's going on? I don't put too much faith in CBs, but the magnitude of the CB flips in the last 5 days is making me very puzzled.

15. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

Are we not allowed anymore.visits after Aggie seen him last?

16. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

As of today, no more visits are allowed. Actually TCU visited on Thursday, the day after aggy visited him.

17. LonghornEE72

LonghornEE72 25+ Posts

I don't much care for ESPN, so I offer this [conspiracy_theory]Maybe ESPN is trying to "create the news" that A&M stole one from Texas on NSD; creates another "SEC-SEC-SEC" plug and gets both fan bases paying more attention to ESPN recruiting sites. [/conspiracy_theory].
    [​IMG]

18. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

Yeah the ags are reporting that Mack said he's eliminated us as consideration. Until the papers are sign will I believe where he's going.

19. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

I'm putting Chris Warren as a Horn, and Mack as a horned frog. Soso is 50/50.

I'm beginning to tire of all the hype and drama. Its the kids time, though, and they'll likely never get this kind of intense attention again. Some are milking it for all its worth.

I'm going into my own personal quiet time till Wed. Back at ya then. [​IMG] [​IMG]

20. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Been out of the loop; I know we picked up Kai and Rivals has him on our list but how did A&M jump ahead of us (they are #8 and we are #9)?

21. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

^^ I don't even try to figure out the rivals rankings which are rather weird anyway. Wait till the dust settles on Wednesday, before looking at the rankings. Too many moving parts in this at this time.

22. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

Bystander, the agggys added a highly ranked running back.

23. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

There have been rumors all evening that Mack had "eliminated Texas". I think Jason Higdon (who is rumored to be the only Texas side recruiting guy with some contact to somebody in our staff) also said something to that effect. Maybe Eric Nahlin also. Not sure the exact words they used in describing it.

Anyway, the recruiting reporter who (in my opinion) is least in the habit of creating drama by himself with unverified stories, Bobby Burton of horns247, said this -

"According to a source close to the situation, Mack has told the coaching staffs of all three schools in the mix for his commitment – Texas, Texas A&M and TCU – where he plans to attend school. That school is not expected to be Texas, and according to the source, Mack is likely to pick either the Horned Frogs or Aggies."

The horns247 sources do not seem to be in the Texas staff side. The 247 network really has only very few (if not no) sources in the Texas staff. Guys like Taylor Hamm of the aggy247 site in their network do have some text and phone access to Mr. Mack. This thing about "Mack eliminated UT" (in those words) may be coming from aggyland reporters. Just like the Boyd story where Taylor Hamm even flipped his CB this evening to aggy, their sources could be bad too.

I honestly don't really see the need for him to call all three and tell one of them that they are eliminated (just calling Texas would do, right?)... Something doesn't fit logic, to me, in this story.

It is also surprising that we have not seen any tweets one way or other from Malik on this.

But this is the situation right now. Not feeling more than a 10 or 20% chance for Malik to come to us, though I have not totally given up on it. But I am only counting Warren and perhaps 1 or 2 from among Reed, Baker and Newsome to commit from now on.

24. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

25. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

It seems TCU sites are reporting today that TCU has been told they are out. So, that leaves a&m. The Texas recruiting gurus are all saying that Mack had indeed called Texas yesterday to say he isn't coming.

Well, he could have saved everybody a lot of time, had he just stuck to his earlier commitment to A&M. But the issue really is that a lot of this mess happened because Sumlin totally screwed it up in December and upset all these kids (probably more their parents) in some way or other. It worked in our favor for Malik, and it didn't in the case of Kyler and Mack, as Sumlin seemed to get down on his knees and beg the kids (again, more probably the parents) to forgive him and stay with him in the end. Have to give credit to Sumlin for doing what he had to do, to avoid total disaster which was about to happen, as of 5 days ago when I said the Kyler bridge was "about to burn down" (Thursday evening).

Anyway, I'm glad that that the Mack thing is over. Unlike Kris Boyd's close friends at aggy who still won't stop asking Boyd to flip even after he put a touching note on his twitter last night, I think Malik backed off from Mack in the last two days and let him make his decision, as any decent close friend would do.

26. utempire

utempire 1,000+ Posts

Wish he was going to UT but out of the three TCU would be his best bet for a faster route to a MNC. Aggy sure isn't winning one anytime soon unless they decide to make one up.

27. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

Until there is something made public that is more substantial than reports from people not in Mack's close circle or a coaching staff where he is going, or our own staff, I'm still holding out hope. If this process should have taught us all one absolute, it's that these second recruiting site reports have been wildly hit and miss. So much so to amount to the same rate as simply guessing like anyone with the internet could do. While I agree the amount of these reports on Mack does make chances appear slim now, it's still not beyond possible they are incorrect, misinformed, or being played by Mack even. Crossing fingers on a miracle until the announcement on this one particular guy...he's an absolute animal any defense would love to feature.

28. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

His loss. Mack or no Mack, I'm elated over the quality of this class. [​IMG]

29. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Strong and the coaches did a fantastic job. After our 2014 season this is much better class than I ever dreamed of! [​IMG]

30. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Not sure how to read Mack. I think he wants attention and no telling who he picks. Nobody will know until he signs the agreement.

I would get him picking TCU, but cannot understand Aggy. All Aggy offers is SEC. If the kid wants SEC, why not choose a competitive team like Bama, LSU or Auburn?

Regardless, ton of potential. Hope he is successful wherever he goes. If Aggy, he will shine even though he will always be less than 3rd place.