DB Brandon Jones (Sep 1, 2014)(Feb 3 COMMIT)

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Godz40acres, Mar 9, 2015.

1. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

Oh aggy has been saying that for a while now. They are shellshocked and have no clue what happened in the last few weeks. Some people never realize that flash and gadgets will get you nowhere. Especially when you have a drunk for a head coach.

• Like Like x 4
  2. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

In fact, in my little fantasy world, I'm a billionaire, Brandon is my son and I'm hiring a junk yard dog attorney with an unlimited retainer and telling him to demand that Liucci turn over the names.

Well, it made me smile to think that anyway.

3. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

Fiowler is OURS!!!!! (Oh, I posted on the wrong thread :) )

Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
  4. UTExinPDX

UTExinPDX 1,000+ Posts

Welcome to Texas Brandon! :hookem2:

5. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

Someone else doesn't own this state.

• Like Like x 1
  6. arieshorn

arieshorn 1,000+ Posts

This is the foundation for a championship caliber defense. Welcome to the 40 Brandon! :hookem::bevo::texasflag::yippee:

7. OldHippie

OldHippie 2,500+ Posts

Congratulations and welcome.

8. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

[​IMG]

Now that it’s over, how is life after recruiting?

Brandon Jones: It’s gotten really chill. I’ve finally got time to go back to doing normal high school things, focus on track and school and stuff like that. It’s been a stress reliever. My phone isn’t blowing up nowhere near as much as it was before. It’s been a real chill time ever since I committed.

What kind of reaction did you get after you did make your announcement? I bet your phone blew up.

Jones: It was crazy. You’re not going to get all positive things. I had some people talking bad to me. At the end of the day, I did what’s best for me and my family.

So the Texas A&M fans didn’t take the news too well?

Jones: Oh, not at all. Not at all. I noticed their coaches all unfollowed me on Twitter, too. They’ve got to move on, so I get that.

Your last official visit was to Baylor. How did that affect your decision?

Jones: One thing they promised me was a starting spot at Baylor. That was kind of new, just because a lot of coaches don’t say that. That opened my eyes a little bit, that it might be a great opportunity. I just felt Texas was the best place for me.

When did you know?

Jones: I didn’t know until the night before. It was pretty late. I told all the coaches I’d be calling the school in the morning, before I signed, and let them know around 6 a.m. where I was going. I called Coach (Charlie) Strong. They were fired up. I could tell through the phone, I felt like I was there. All the yelling and hollering, it was a pretty awesome feeling.

What made you confident about that decision?

Jones: Well, I had my top three and I really just thought about it. Besides the football aspect, you’ve got to look at it as, if you didn’t have football, where would you see yourself being? I felt like Austin has a lot of options outside of football. The coaches want to make a better person out of you and not just a football player.

You’re from a small East Texas town. How do you feel about moving to a big city?

Jones: It’s gonna be new. Nacogdoches is a small town. It’s going to be different. But there are way more opportunities here, in football and outside of football. The Big 12 is going to be a pretty great conference, and they like to throw the football. Being a DB, I feel like I fit in perfectly.

After you signed, Clay Jennings replaced Chris Vaughn as Texas’ secondary coach. What did you think of that move?

Jones: That was a big thing. Coach Vaughn was recruiting me for years and has been a guy I really counted on, on and off the field. Him leaving really hurt a little bit. Coach Jennings and I had a really close relationship when he was at Arkansas. Him filling the spot was an eye-opener to me. If it wasn’t going to be Coach Vaughn, I’m glad it was Coach Jennings.

[Full ESPN article]

• Like Like x 5